Digital Art Zone

4 of 51
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 06 September 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  549
Joined  2003-10-09
belovedalia - 06 September 2012 04:18 AM

Is animation required for ANY drape in DS4 now??

No, only if using generation 4 items or non rigged items like the kimono.  Martin just posted a list of Genesis rigged items including links to his freebees that don’t need an animated drape.  Although you might realize that sometimes animated drapes will give you a better result.

Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

Hi Martin

Good to see you back and glad to hear things are sorted.

I’m a big fan of your products and would be interested in seeing your work on dynamic hair make further progress.

Also I can sympathize with some of the issues you mentioned around figure scaling - its out of my area of expertise but I hope we find a solution that works for DAZ, for you, for Optitex and for us.

Cheers

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2009-04-21
OptiTex - 06 September 2012 01:12 AM

The first problem is, when the clothes are rigged on genesis the rigging will not work on the old avatars like M4 and V4 and visa versa.
The second problem is that for an example V5 is scaled 95%, what the people wants 95% or 100% because dynamics you can not scale in Daz only in OptiTex and this is also the same with M5 where the scaling is 103.6%
When I give 2 Options 95% and 100% we have the problem that we have to make 2 texture maps instead of one.

Could altering the stretch/shrink setting help to some extent?

As for old avatars versus new, it’s going to be tricky because the market is in a transition state right now, and it’s not clear whether Genesis will take up the dominant position that the Michael and Victoria series previously had.

Posted: 06 September 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-15

Would love to see some more Dynamic Sports Uniforms for M4 and M5.

Lace-up foot ball pants with pads
Baseball Uniform with socks
Cycling Top and Shorts
Wrestling Unitard
Speedos
Jockstrap:-)

Posted: 06 September 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4939
Joined  2009-02-26

‘Dynamic sports for M4’ (That basket ball outfit on daz store) Would be awsome for Geneses as well!

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 06 September 2012 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-20

I would like to know why Scailing does not work.  If I sacle up or down it returns to origenal sacale when draping.  Also, for future items can they be made for “Univercal fit” we all have different shape modeld and if somthing is made for V4 it does not work well on a non “V4”  model.  It would also be helpfull if in the “Cloide with” tab,  the items were the same as in the “Point To” directry.
Thanks
Poppa C

Posted: 06 September 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1114
Joined  2003-11-25

Martin!  Good to see you here. No, actually, it’s GREAT to see you here.

Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5847
Joined  2005-04-16

Welcome back, Martin!  I hope all is well now!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2003-12-06
Poppa C - 06 September 2012 08:12 AM

I would like to know why Scailing does not work.  If I sacle up or down it returns to origenal sacale when draping.

Yes, the Optitex dynamics have always worked that way. When I said “scaling” upthread, I meant the Shrink X% and Shrink Y% parameters on the Panel pane in the Dynamic Clothing tab itself. The only problem is that I’ve always had the paid-for additional dynamics plugin, so I can’t remember if this feature is in there, or in the basic plugin that everyone gets.

The big advantage of doing it this way is that you can shrink individual materials — in the loincloth example upthread, you can shrink the belt so it fits more snugly, but not shrink the front and back dangly bits.

One minor gotcha — the shrinkX and shrinkY directions might not go the same way on all materials, it depends on which way round those materials were laid out in the UVmapping. One not so minor gotcha is that you can only shrink smaller. Expanding by more than a tiny amount causes the drape to crash every time.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2009-04-21
SpottedKitty - 06 September 2012 03:03 PM
Poppa C - 06 September 2012 08:12 AM

I would like to know why Scailing does not work.  If I sacle up or down it returns to origenal sacale when draping.

Yes, the Optitex dynamics have always worked that way. When I said “scaling” upthread, I meant the Shrink X% and Shrink Y% parameters on the Panel pane in the Dynamic Clothing tab itself. The only problem is that I’ve always had the paid-for additional dynamics plugin, so I can’t remember if this feature is in there, or in the basic plugin that everyone gets.

The big advantage of doing it this way is that you can shrink individual materials — in the loincloth example upthread, you can shrink the belt so it fits more snugly, but not shrink the front and back dangly bits.

One minor gotcha — the shrinkX and shrinkY directions might not go the same way on all materials, it depends on which way round those materials were laid out in the UVmapping. One not so minor gotcha is that you can only shrink smaller. Expanding by more than a tiny amount causes the drape to crash every time.

I think I’ve tried Stretch somewhat successfully when I needed to unshrink something.

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-02-27

Very happy to see this thread. Since I’ve discovered just the basics of dynamic clothing I’ve been aching to see more.

Here’s my wish list…

First I agree with anteros70118 list,

Lace-up foot ball pants with pads
Baseball Uniform with socks
Cycling Top and Shorts
Wrestling Unitard
Speedos
Jockstrap:-)

(would really like to see a jockstrap!)

and would add…

business jacket/sport coat/tuxedo.
military wear, both contemporary and vintage.
(there’s an amazing Napoleonic costume available at Rendo that is really impressive)

I’d also like to see more style options open/closed.

Signature 

Some people are like Slinkies, not much good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push one down a flight of stairs.

Posted: 06 September 2012 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2003-10-09

Towels. Male and female towels that are essentially cloth tubes that wrap around the chest or hips and have a slit in the side where they over lap. Something like http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-towel-set

A version for men and women would be something I’d buy right off.

Signature 

Disrupting trains of thought since…. ohhh shiney!

Posted: 06 September 2012 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-02-27
Ikyoto - 06 September 2012 04:49 PM

Towels. Male and female towels that are essentially cloth tubes that wrap around the chest or hips and have a slit in the side where they over lap. Something like http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-towel-set

There is a freebie over at Optitex called the “Skirt Berlin”

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload09.php

If you go into your surface tab, hide the sash parts, and manipulate the texture, you can get a pretty good towel look.

Image Attachments
towel.jpg
 Signature 

Some people are like Slinkies, not much good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push one down a flight of stairs.

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1834
Joined  2005-12-31

That is an adorable image!

Posted: 06 September 2012 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2009-04-20
Ikyoto - 06 September 2012 04:49 PM

One of the PA’s is working on this, I will ask when this will be expected to be ready.

4 of 51