Digital Art Zone

29 of 52
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 01 January 2013 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 421 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1880
Joined  2005-12-31

Be sure to keep in mind that the genesis stuff is generally sized for V5 supermodel/V5 scaled at 100%. So your going to need to use that shape or scale the figure accordingly.

I’ll see if I can get a list of what is updated and ask DAZ to add that information to the product pages.

Posted: 01 January 2013 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 422 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25

a list at the front of this thread would be helpful too… I cant remember all the items i bought and there’s no easy way to search my itemized history, and Daz store search is broken… j ust saying!

Posted: 01 January 2013 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 423 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6123
Joined  2005-04-16
BWSman - 01 January 2013 08:51 AM

The Ultimate Dynamic Tee has already been updated & if you have just needs a reset.

Thanks for that!  Downloading now.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 01 January 2013 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 424 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
belovedalia - 01 January 2013 03:39 PM

a list at the front of this thread would be helpful too… I cant remember all the items i bought and there’s no easy way to search my itemized history, and Daz store search is broken… j ust saying!

Have you gotten Taosoft’s DAZ History Manager yet?  It works really well.  And you can reset downloads right from there.  I just did that for the Ultimate Dynamic Tee.  I searched for it in there, checked the check box, logged in to the browser and then clicked Reset Checked Items button.  I’m already downloading.  grin 

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 01 January 2013 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 425 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16

There is also an upgrade file for a bunch of the freebies on Martin’s site from V4 to Genesis.

Upgrade to Genesis - included: Chef Apron for Genesis, Flared Dress for Genesis, Loincloth for Genesis, Pencil Skirt for Genesis, Chanel Jacket for Genesis, Sleeveless Top for Genesis, Evening Dress for Genesis, Ruffle Skirt for Genesis, Ladies Vest for Genesis

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 426 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1424
Joined  2010-03-01
DanaTA - 01 January 2013 06:19 PM

There is also an upgrade file for a bunch of the freebies on Martin’s site from V4 to Genesis.

Upgrade to Genesis - included: Chef Apron for Genesis, Flared Dress for Genesis, Loincloth for Genesis, Pencil Skirt for Genesis, Chanel Jacket for Genesis, Sleeveless Top for Genesis, Evening Dress for Genesis, Ruffle Skirt for Genesis, Ladies Vest for Genesis

Dana

He took that down when he put the coats up. downer

Posted: 01 January 2013 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 427 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Dollygirl - 01 January 2013 08:19 PM
DanaTA - 01 January 2013 06:19 PM

Dana

He took that down when he put the coats up. downer

Oh, that’s too bad.  I wonder why?

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 428 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1503
Joined  2010-03-15
DanaTA - 01 January 2013 06:13 PM

Have you gotten Taosoft’s DAZ History Manager yet?  It works really well.  And you can reset downloads right from there.  I just did that for the Ultimate Dynamic Tee.  I searched for it in there, checked the check box, logged in to the browser and then clicked Reset Checked Items button.  I’m already downloading.  grin 

Dana

Thanks for the link to the DazHM site. I have been doing it manually using a spread sheet and I just know I am missing stuff. This should be a big help :D

How does it deal with bundles?

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 02 January 2013 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 429 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
AidanaWillowRaven - 02 January 2013 12:24 PM
DanaTA - 01 January 2013 06:13 PM

Dana

Thanks for the link to the DazHM site. I have been doing it manually using a spread sheet and I just know I am missing stuff. This should be a big help :D

How does it deal with bundles?

It doesn’t right now.  But I think he is trying to work that out for a future update.  grin 

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 430 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9608
Joined  2007-11-06

The latest version does check for items in bundles.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 02 January 2013 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 431 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15
fixmypcmike - 02 January 2013 03:45 PM

Hmmm ... then I must have downloaded the wrong file :( Just to experiment, I looked up le Church from the le Village bundle, and the search showed nothing.

But even if I need to keep track of bundles in a separate spread sheet, this tool still makes my life loads easier.

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 02 January 2013 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 432 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
fixmypcmike - 02 January 2013 03:45 PM

Didn’t work for me, either.  I checked by putting Jamie Hair in the search and it didn’t find it, but it did find Michael 4 Pro Bundle, in which you find Jamie Hair.

Unfortunately, it did find Beck for M4, as a stand-alone purchase.  D’oh!  shut eye 

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 02 January 2013 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 433 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15

I was so excited about the DazHM, I almost forgot why I popped into the thread, today :D

I wanted to share my latest piece using the dynamic clothes closet expanding product, an oldie but goodie, MFD to QoA (http://www.daz3d.com/mfd-to-qoa). I learned a new trick with this one, too. I used the dress in the normal way ... loaded the blank dress, used the plugin to apply a free mat I found somewhere. I didn’t think the color was exactly what I needed, I I used a fabric shader then re-applied the opacity map from the previously loaded texture. Worked like a charm :D The most versatile dynamic dress I have :D

Question, Martin, does the plug-in also work with the MFD textures designed for Genesis MFD? Probably not, but doesn’t hurt to ask.

If any want to hear the song that accompanies the image, visit my website: http://willowravenillustration.weebly.com/featured-image.html

Image Attachments
Her-Name-is-Alice---layers---ff-augment-image-1----for-web.jpg
 Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven

Posted: 02 January 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 434 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17

The Genesis MFD is the V4 one re-rigged to fit Genesis so any textures for the V4 version will work with the Genesis.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 02 January 2013 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 435 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15
BWSman - 02 January 2013 09:00 PM

The Genesis MFD is the V4 one re-rigged to fit Genesis so any textures for the V4 version will work with the Genesis.

Not what I mean. I don’t use genesis. What I mean, if the genesis MFD shares the same mat formats, could I use free mats that I like, designed for the genesis MFD, in the MFD to QoA dress in DS3?

I think this will need experimenting with ... good reason to do another scene, huh ... lol.

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven

29 of 52