Digital Art Zone

28 of 51
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 03 December 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 406 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-03-21

Hi guys!
I just came to say that apparently my problem is solved. It is not perfect yet, but is muuuuch better now and I know I’m on the right path now.
Thank you ThespiSis, BWSman and Lonnie aka Dollygirl for pointing this topic. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt: http://0snow-white0.deviantart.com/
Daz Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/430/

Posted: 04 December 2012 01:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 407 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2003-10-09

I would like to see Dynamic Ball Gowns for Genesis.

Posted: 06 December 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 408 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
carrie58 - 02 December 2012 05:37 PM

Martian I have a request ........I think it is a simple request but I don’t know ..........reins ,that would be able to pin,lock attach in some way to the horse2 bridle ,cause it looks like dynamic is the only way to get them to move properly ,even just one single rein that we could duplicate .......it doesn’t even have to have textures ....... maybe 2 or 3 different lengths .......  maybe even a dog leash,or a piece of rope ........

P.S.
Yeah I just noticed that Martian hasn’t posted since September .......has anyone heard from him???Anyone know if he’s okay??

Ditto this. Or if not Martin, maybe Draagonstorm could release a new set of Controllable Dynamic Shapes containing various ribbons, ropes, leashes, reins, etc.? It would be best to be able to position them somewhat and fasten the ends before the final drape.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 08 December 2012 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 409 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2004-07-16

OptiTex dynamic fabric presets not working on a Mac OS 10.7 in Daz 4.5.1.6

I am just getting started but have successfully animated V4 using the skirt and shirt from the ultimate pattern design kit with pins to stabilize the shoulder straps and the skirt waist.
I got the dynamic fabric presets freebie from the OptiTex website.  When I select the shirt and then double click on one of the dynamic fabric presets, nothing happens.  I can’t change the fabric.
  Can you help with this please?
Thanks,
Frank

Posted: 08 December 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 410 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
FrankDSM - 08 December 2012 08:16 AM

OptiTex dynamic fabric presets not working on a Mac OS 10.7 in Daz 4.5.1.6

I am just getting started but have successfully animated V4 using the skirt and shirt from the ultimate pattern design kit with pins to stabilize the shoulder straps and the skirt waist.
I got the dynamic fabric presets freebie from the OptiTex website.  When I select the shirt and then double click on one of the dynamic fabric presets, nothing happens.  I can’t change the fabric.
  Can you help with this please?
Thanks,
Frank

Do you have the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in installed?  The fabric presets change the properties of the fabric; which can be seen on the panels sub-tab in the Dynamic Clothing tab.  If you don’t have the plug-in; you won’t be able to see the changes, the the will change.

Image Attachments
DCC_panel_tab.jpg
 Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 09 December 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 411 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2009-10-25

The presets will work without the control plugin, you just don’t have a way of seeing that they worked other than by redraping and observing the difference in how the item behaves.

I’m still getting situated in DS4, and I’m experiencing a few issues of my own:

1) In DS3, I could rescale dynamic clothing items and individual actors within items to custom fit them to morphed characters. For example, if I had a smaller-breasted character, and I wanted to use the dynamic bikini, I could shrink the “chest” actor in the bikini top so the cups would fit correctly instead of going baggy. I can’t seem to do this in DS4: I can rescale things, but the items relax/constrict back to their default size during draping.

2) In DS3, there is a “fit to” button in the perimeters tab for most dynamic clothes items. This appears to have vanished for dynamics in DS4. It exists in DS4 for non-dynamic fitted clothing items, but none of the dynamics are showing the option, regardless of which figure they’re made for or being used on. This creates a lot of problems for posing, as well as rendering some items unusable (one’s I paid for, interestingly, not the freebees) by causing “pose parameters too extreme” type errors that don’t occur when using the same item/character/pose with the item fitted to the character in DS3.

3) I absolutely love the new freebee coats, but the starting pose provided has morph data in it that screws up my characters (resetting faces and limbs to the default blank V4, among other things), making it (and by extension, the coats) unusable. Is there a way for me to manually edit a pose file to strip out all the morph data?

Posted: 09 December 2012 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 412 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2004-07-16

Thanks for clarifying this for me.  The OptiTex dynamic fabric presets work fine as shown.  They affect the bend resistance, stretch resistance, etc.  I mistakenly thought they also applied textures which they do not.  I have also loaded other textures from standard Shaders or using fabricator.

My next question is:

Is it possible to weld or anchor 2 separate dynamic clothing figures together at a couple of places without using the pinning method?

Thanks again!
Frank

Posted: 29 December 2012 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 413 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  446
Joined  2008-06-25
mnpazan - 09 December 2012 06:40 PM

Is there a way for me to manually edit a pose file to strip out all the morph data?

Yes, but it’s a tad tedious. I’d say you would be better off resaving the pose as a DS native pose preset file, with only the transforms checked in the options dialogue.

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 01 January 2013 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 414 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1606
Joined  2005-02-25

Is it possible to get some basic dynamic clothing for Genesis?

I’m a bit bummed because i have TONS of the optitex dynamic clothes (i bought nearly all of them I think, except for newest ones) but there’s hardly anything for Genesis- and that’s pretty much all I use anymore!!  Any chance of getting things already made either converted to genesis, or new things?? There’s not even a basic tshirt for Genesis that I know of. 

it’s very sad T_T

I don’t want to stop the release of V4/M4/other figure dynamic clothes, but I’m 100% into Genesis and moving on from Gen 4 for the most part. and that depressingly seems to be hardly any dynamics anymore.

Posted: 01 January 2013 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 415 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1837
Joined  2010-10-10

There are some free ones for Genesis on the Optitex site.  Pages 14, 15

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload14.php

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 01 January 2013 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 416 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

a star trek uniform is cool, but i seriously need some basic clothiing items…. short sleeve tshirt, long sleeve tshirt, regular jeans ....
i bought the M5 dynamic clothing bundle but could use a tshirtt and jeans for v5…just wishing :(

Posted: 01 January 2013 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 417 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
belovedalia - 01 January 2013 07:38 AM

a star trek uniform is cool, but i seriously need some basic clothiing items…. short sleeve tshirt, long sleeve tshirt, regular jeans ....
i bought the M5 dynamic clothing bundle but could use a tshirtt and jeans for v5…just wishing :(

Here’s a post that should interest you

OptiTex - 16 October 2012 05:32 AM

Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress
Ultimate Tee is already updated and available.

The Ultimate Dynamic Tee has already been updated & if you have just needs a reset.

Some of the names above are different than from the Store name so you’ll have to do a bit of searching.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 01 January 2013 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 418 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

Oh fantastic i do need that Tshirt! Resetting it now! Whee thanks so much BWSman.

Will daz let us know if they update the other store items?? I’m not sure which is dress of your dreams, but I have several of the listed ones!

Posted: 01 January 2013 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 419 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
belovedalia - 01 January 2013 10:13 AM

Oh fantastic i do need that Tshirt! Resetting it now! Whee thanks so much BWSman.

Will daz let us know if they update the other store items??

Doubtful…other than primary software updates, there aren’t really any updates being mentioned, unless someone notices something and makes a post about it.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 01 January 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 420 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1350
Joined  2010-03-01
belovedalia - 01 January 2013 10:13 AM

Will daz let us know if they update the other store items?? I’m not sure which is dress of your dreams, but I have several of the listed ones!

DAZ doesn’t but this thread does:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3885/

28 of 51