Digital Art Zone

26 of 51
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 10 November 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 376 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1437
Joined  2010-03-15

I give up for the night ... I have dynamic clothing control ... it just doesn’t want to work right now and DS4 has shut down on me three times, now. And no, DS3 didn’t come with dynamic control. That’s why I bought it.

GN

Thanks to all who’ve been helping.

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 10 November 2012 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 377 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4863
Joined  2004-07-01
AidanaWillowRaven - 10 November 2012 08:17 PM
bigh - 10 November 2012 08:10 PM
AidanaWillowRaven - 10 November 2012 08:04 PM

OMG ... it’s so slow!

And I hate the way the content folders are set up. Uck! Let’s hope the control works ...

Looking in the plug in tab, I see DS4 has a ‘basic’ version with a serial number already in place, but neither one is mine from my account. Will it still do what I am used to it doing?

DS 4.5 comes with the basic drape -  if you want all of the controls try your sn .

I don’t see an option as to where to put it ...

you enter it in the plugin space for it

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 378 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1606
Joined  2005-02-25

what version of DS4 does this work with?

I’m running DS4.5.0.114.  I’ve reinstalled dynamic plugin.

but all the dynamic clothes load a rig and nothing else, nothing is visible.  I haven’t used dynamics since DS4 came out!!  :(

Posted: 13 November 2012 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 379 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6192
Joined  2006-02-20

DS 4.5.1.6

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 13 November 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 380 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2003-10-09
belovedalia - 13 November 2012 02:15 AM

what version of DS4 does this work with?

I’m running DS4.5.0.114.  I’ve reinstalled dynamic plugin.

but all the dynamic clothes load a rig and nothing else, nothing is visible.  I haven’t used dynamics since DS4 came out!!  :(

Belovedalia, I’m running the same version and my plugin version has a .114 too.  In DAZ Studio 4 I think you need your plugin version number to match your Studio version number.

Image Attachments
Dynamics.jpg
 Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.

Posted: 13 November 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 381 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14840
Joined  2003-10-09
SimonWM - 13 November 2012 05:10 AM

In DAZ Studio 4 I think you need your plugin version number to match your Studio version number.

That was true, but with the official release of 4.5 the SDK has been locked 9so far) and plugins haven’t needed to be updated, though there have been updated versions of the DAZ plugins each time.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 13 November 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 382 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

well I downloaded the most recent version of the plugin and installed it but it didnt change anything.  :(  Doesn’t work.

Posted: 13 November 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 383 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2003-10-09
belovedalia - 13 November 2012 06:37 AM

well I downloaded the most recent version of the plugin and installed it but it didnt change anything.  :(  Doesn’t work.

If you don’t want to upgrade DAZ Studio to the current version the latest version wouldn’t work because like me you are running an older version of DAZ Studio that requires an older version of the plugin.  If you check your “about plugins pop up window” in Studio like the one I posted above you will probably see a different version than mine for your clothing plugin.

I haven’t upgraded yet because I’ve been too busy in production but I intend to do it asap and I’ve been told that the current version is more stable and I know of a couple of bugs I have (non-dynamic related) that they have squashed.

Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 384 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

i didn’t upgrade to the most latest because it feels like i *JUST* updated everything… gosh darn it, it’s really frustrating all these updates, it seems like something always breaks something else and i have to reinstall so much…. can’t we just have a stable release like, once a year and not all the time??? *sigh*

will think about updating… I would love to be able to use the dynamic clothes again though it seems like store releases of dynamic clothes have REALLY slowed down….. :(

and I’m bummed that my computer virus/me loosing everything on desktop/getting a new computer meant that i lost a couple limited time release freebies from Optitex that were shared a while back…. :’(

Posted: 13 November 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 385 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6192
Joined  2006-02-20

I prefer updates more often - I sure don’t want to live with bugs for a full year for the next update.
It often depends whether a bug hits you, because it is a part of the software you are using that is bugged. In that case you want an update - fast.
If it is a bug that doesn’t hit you, because it is part of something you don’t use, you want updates less often.

As for your limited freebies - I am sorry!
Did you try to contact Martin with a PM?
(and buy an external harddrive to make backups ...)

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 13 November 2012 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 386 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1840
Joined  2005-12-31

I have updated to version 4.5.1.6 of studio and my version of the plugin is 1.2.0.114 and everything works properly. Be sure that you have the correct SN in the plugin field.

Posted: 13 November 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 387 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17

One piece of good news is that the core program has been separated from the content; so updating DS doesn’t involve as large a download as it used to.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 13 November 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 388 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25
Kerya - 13 November 2012 08:25 AM

I prefer updates more often - I sure don’t want to live with bugs for a full year for the next update.
It often depends whether a bug hits you, because it is a part of the software you are using that is bugged. In that case you want an update - fast.
If it is a bug that doesn’t hit you, because it is part of something you don’t use, you want updates less often.

As for your limited freebies - I am sorry!
Did you try to contact Martin with a PM?
(and buy an external harddrive to make backups ...)

Well I DID have a backup, the problem is that it backed up the virus as well, so literally everything was affected. I had a much older backup, but lost everything in the few years :(
Have been slowly hunting down things i had installed… mostly genesis stuff…..
DId not ask martin, as it was a limited freebie.

Posted: 14 November 2012 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 389 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-25

bother, I may have go reinstall all the dynamic clothing items. I upgraded to the most recent daz version 4.5.1.6, and reinstalled Dynamic clothing plugin (which is loading fine and has the serial code and all).

it’s still not loading the clothing, it gives an error every time. :(  It appears like the folders for them are missing from my data folder.  Bummer. So tired of endless reinstalls… just want to make pictures and not have to reinstall all the time! :(
Also wish there was an easy “reset all dynamic clothing items button” so I don’t have to dig through all of them to reset each one. Sigh.

Posted: 14 November 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 390 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2009-04-21
belovedalia - 14 November 2012 07:43 AM

bother, I may have go reinstall all the dynamic clothing items. I upgraded to the most recent daz version 4.5.1.6, and reinstalled Dynamic clothing plugin (which is loading fine and has the serial code and all).

it’s still not loading the clothing, it gives an error every time. :(  It appears like the folders for them are missing from my data folder.  Bummer. So tired of endless reinstalls… just want to make pictures and not have to reinstall all the time! :(
Also wish there was an easy “reset all dynamic clothing items button” so I don’t have to dig through all of them to reset each one. Sigh.

I had a similar problem, which I think involved a corrupted download of DS4.5.  Ultimately I had to uninstall DS4.5, re-download it, and reinstall it.

All Optitex dynamics start their names with the word “Dynamic”, so you need to go to your itemized history, which lists the items you’ve bought in alphabetical order.  Set it to display fifty items per page, then skip from page to page til you find the items whose names start with Dy-.  hit the “reset downloads” button at right.

Aidana’s problems are why I prefer to start a new directory and content/runtime folder for each major version of DS, rather than overwrite DS2 with DS3 and DS3 with DS4.5.  You can get the newer versions to recognize the content directories stored with the older version, so there’s no need to mess up previously working content set up for your older versions.

26 of 51