Digital Art Zone

25 of 52
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 10 November 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 361 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1879
Joined  2005-12-31

You should have two serial numbers. One will match the beginning letters of 4.5 and is the newer version.

I understand you feel crushed for time. But I also know that hundreds of content creators work just as many hours and are just as crushed for time but make time to learn software they need. Every single person who has done a 4.0 or 4.5 product had to learn to use it and learn to make content for it without delaying production because that is where the money comes from. And yes most of them work long days, seven days a week without vacations before you add on the learning curve for evolving software.

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2006-05-18

Maybe refresh or clear cookies to see your serial.

Signature 

I Am Not An Expert Because I Never Stop Being A Student And Continue To Learn.

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17

When you copied & pasted; did you make sure there were no spaces before or after the serial #?  A blank space at the beginning or end will cause that error.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

Pretty sure the correct SN will begin with SDZDCCT

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1502
Joined  2010-03-15
Khory - 10 November 2012 07:07 PM

You should have two serial numbers. One will match the beginning letters of 4.5 and is the newer version.

I understand you feel crushed for time. But I also know that hundreds of content creators work just as many hours and are just as crushed for time but make time to learn software they need. Every single person who has done a 4.0 or 4.5 product had to learn to use it and learn to make content for it without delaying production because that is where the money comes from. And yes most of them work long days, seven days a week without vacations before you add on the learning curve for evolving software.

Nope ... This is all I have for the clothing control serial number options:

|Dynamic Control Studio3.X| SDZDCCT-010-?????-WQN-001-???????
|Dynamic Control Studio2.X| DC10CRD-?????-???????

(question marks on purpose)

And nothing is wrong with my DS3, therefore, the upgrade is not required.

What’s wrong is my clothing control is not available to me all of a sudden.

Prime example, I don’t need CS5 to continue painting in Photoshop. I can continue to work in Photoshop 7 and continue to make money at it as long as I wish. Furthermore, Photoshop is not idiotic enough to completely change the platform making users uncomfortable with their supposed ‘advancements’ that are not useful to you in any way. When I finally upgraded to CS5, I did not need to re-learn PS and all of my existing PS files actually open and work and are where they are supposed to be, unlike half of my runime.

Just because I am the only one honest and open about the subject does not make me the only person not happy about the way things have been handled the last couple of years.’

I don’t want to learn CS4 because I need nothing from it ... that is until I am prevented from using my dynamics control. I don’t like the platform, I don’t like my produces missing, and genesis, although better than it was, looks like all of the characters are made of rubber prosthetics.

I am going through this aggravation purely because a DS3 product I bought is reset with DS4.5 files and my DS3 serial number refuses to be validated or recognized. And since Daz was evidently closed Thursday and Friday, I get to spend the week-end freaking out ... lol.

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

Dynamic Control Studio3.X| SDZDCCT-010-?????-WQN-001-???????  this is my 4 sn
|Dynamic Control Studio2.X| DC10CRD-?????-???????                2 and 3 shared the same number if I recall correctly

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

And nothing is wrong with my DS3, therefore, the upgrade is not required.

No one said it didn’t work just that it is outdated. Mine still works perfectly though it is so dumbed down from 4 I don’t open it very often.

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15
Khory - 10 November 2012 07:36 PM

Dynamic Control Studio3.X| SDZDCCT-010-?????-WQN-001-???????  this is my 4 sn
|Dynamic Control Studio2.X| DC10CRD-?????-???????                2 and 3 shared the same number if I recall correctly

Ok ... I will try the one titled Control 3.X ...

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15

OMG ... it’s so slow!

And I hate the way the content folders are set up. Uck! Let’s hope the control works ...

Looking in the plug in tab, I see DS4 has a ‘basic’ version with a serial number already in place, but neither one is mine from my account. Will it still do what I am used to it doing?

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2004-07-01
AidanaWillowRaven - 10 November 2012 08:04 PM

OMG ... it’s so slow!

And I hate the way the content folders are set up. Uck! Let’s hope the control works ...

Looking in the plug in tab, I see DS4 has a ‘basic’ version with a serial number already in place, but neither one is mine from my account. Will it still do what I am used to it doing?

DS 4.5 comes with the basic drape -  if you want all of the controls try your sn .

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15
bigh - 10 November 2012 08:10 PM

OMG ... it’s so slow!

DS 4.5 comes with the basic drape -  if you want all of the controls try your sn .

I don’t see an option as to where to put it ...

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven

Posted: 10 November 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-31

And I hate the way the content folders are set up.

Then change them. They can go down the side or across the top. And can be moved in any order you like. My set up looks almost exactly like it did in the older versions except for a couple of addional ones folders to take advantage of new things.

Posted: 10 November 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-02-04

DS4 comes with the basic version of the dynamic control for free.  It will do drapes, but has many of the advanced options missing.  As you own the plugin, you should do a reset and install the version you download to get the advanced version, which will also require your serial number.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage
Set Focal Distance script for DAZ Studio

Posted: 10 November 2012 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
cwichura - 10 November 2012 09:14 PM

DS4 comes with the basic version of the dynamic control for free.  It will do drapes, but has many of the advanced options missing.  As you own the plugin, you should do a reset and install the version you download to get the advanced version, which will also require your serial number.

I thought that 3 had ‘basic’ control in it…at least the ability to run a drape…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 10 November 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  811
Joined  2008-09-17

DS3 & DS4 “basic” both come with the bare bones dynamic control that just do draping.  They always have.

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

25 of 52