Digital Art Zone

22 of 53
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 16 October 2012 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2009-04-21

I had some luck using dynamics created for DS3 in DS4.0, but then I upgraded to DS4.5 and the older dynamics aren’t loading visible objects-just the rigs.  I know this isn’t Martin’s department, so this is more aimed at other users: has anyone encountered something similar?

Posted: 16 October 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  578
Joined  2003-10-09
Odaa - 16 October 2012 11:17 AM

I had some luck using dynamics created for DS3 in DS4.0, but then I upgraded to DS4.5 and the older dynamics aren’t loading visible objects-just the rigs.  I know this isn’t Martin’s department, so this is more aimed at other users: has anyone encountered something similar?

The DAZ Studio 4.5 upgrade installer causes this. Reset the dynamic clothes plugin and re-install it and everything should work fine again.

Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.

Posted: 16 October 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-12-04
OptiTex - 16 October 2012 05:32 AM

Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress
Ultimate Tee is already updated and available.

Is there any chance you separated the pieces of the Belly Dancer costume so one could use individual pieces?

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2009-04-20
ThespiSis - 16 October 2012 10:25 PM

Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress

Is there any chance you separated the pieces of the Belly Dancer costume so one could use individual pieces?

Sure I will do this in the new update.

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18

This might get me into trying dynamics again. I strictly use Genesis at this point and the workarounds to get V4 items to work was time consuming. I think I have the flared skirt so I may reset my download and see if it’s working better now.

Either way thanks much, that’s good news.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2010-11-30

Can you post the version numbers for them?  If the Gen 4 version has a different version from the Genesis version please indicate both.

I want to add them to the Genesis products thread that I maintain that indicates what the current version is for products.

Posted: 17 October 2012 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1618
Joined  2005-02-25
OptiTex - 16 October 2012 11:22 PM
ThespiSis - 16 October 2012 10:25 PM

Sure I will do this in the new update.

oh man seriouslyl????  bought that initially when it came out and was so frustrated that it was all one piece that i returned it~~ if you separate it I may have to save up and buy it again but it wont be on sale anymore *sob*

Er, I mean, THATS AWESOME and thanks smile

Posted: 17 October 2012 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2009-01-09

I don’t know if this has already been asked—this is a pretty long thread—so apologies if I’m repeating something.

When you do the update for the dynamic kilt, would it be possible to both make it a bit longer and wider, or to toughen it somehow? One of the issues that I had, at least in using it with Genesis, is that it kept splitting up the front or the sides if the legs were apart.

Signature 

VWrangler at deviantArt (NSFW for some images; login required to view those)

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2009-04-21
SimonWM - 16 October 2012 01:01 PM

The DAZ Studio 4.5 upgrade installer causes this. Reset the dynamic clothes plugin and re-install it and everything should work fine again.

Thanks, I tried that and it didn’t work at first but it turned out that I had installed the 4.5.0.something version of DS.  When I installed the 4.5.1.6 version, the installer glitched but I did get it to finish and the dynamics started behaving again.

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2005-12-12

I think awesometastic is the adequate word wink

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Odaa - 17 October 2012 07:18 AM
SimonWM - 16 October 2012 01:01 PM

Thanks, I tried that and it didn’t work at first but it turned out that I had installed the 4.5.0.something version of DS.  When I installed the 4.5.1.6 version, the installer glitched but I did get it to finish and the dynamics started behaving again.

Glad you could fix your problem.

Signature 

Posted: 27 October 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2012-03-01

I just wanted to say a quick thank-you. I love these dynamic clothes, it was a big part of what attracted me to DAZ Studio in the first place. I have many commercial sets (as well as all the genesis compatible freebies) and I will will definitely purchase more as the genesis updated versions become available.

Thank-you again, and here is a render using one of your commercial sets (Dress Collection 2 - Sam) on Stephanie 5 grin

Image Attachments
pose39_Sam_Black.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ3D Store

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07

First time I’ve used dynamics since I upgraded to 4.5 and got my horrible mess of downloads, legacy, dson, poser, upgrades, updates etc. sorted (manually of course, how else do we do things around here). Then I discover poor Genesis can’t keep its fracken clothes on. I’ve used dynamics a lot and I don’t recall ever having this problem until I upgraded. Can somebody please please tell me how to fix this? Its late I’ve been fiddling the whole day and I’m starting to get just a teeny weeny bit impatient with the stupid thing now.

Static drape on frame 1 then an animated drape. Genesis doesn’t move until after the drape stops and the skirt doesn’t follow Genesis, Its set to collide only with Genesis, not the whole figure.

Thanks

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

In my experience Genesis works better when you don’t uncheck any of its bodyparts from the Collide with list.  just leave everuything selected and see if that fixes your problem.  Also going from a T-pose to the actual pose in at least 15 frames with an animated drape works MUCH better than a single frame drape.

Signature 

Posted: 27 October 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2009-12-07

Hey Simon

I’ve done as you suggested (checked all Genesis body parts) and yes the skirt is still not colloding with Genesis during the animated drape. The static drape works fine.

What I’ve noticed is that during the animated drape the timeline slider does not move, neither does Genesis. When I cancel the animated drape, Genesis moves into the correct pose, but the skirt does not move at all.

No idea what is going on here. Grumble grumble.

Image Attachments
Picture1.jpg
 Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

22 of 53