Digital Art Zone

21 of 52
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 08 October 2012 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2011-09-23

For the Red Carpet Evening Gown, if you use a curvier model or increase the Shrink X and Shrink Y settings (preferably with an animated drape), you can get a tighter fit up to the flare. Attached is an image of the gown on a fully figure. I increased the flare by pushing the internal pressure up to 10.00 for one drape and then decreased the pressure back to 5.00 for another to soften the drape a bit.

Thanks, that looks great

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2005-12-04
RKane_1 - 07 October 2012 06:21 PM

Okay, cool. Do you have like an elasticity setting? Is there a good tutorial around for things such as this?

I’m sure there are, though I’ve never done an active search for them. I tend to just go by trial and error until I get the look that I want.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload04.php

These fabric setting presets are a good start.You can choose a stretchier type of fabric (each preset has the fabric name it’s meant to emulate), for instance, to fit a slightly larger figure. Try playing with each preset and observe how it drapes and take note of what the settings are if you like a particular effect.

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2005-12-04
Knight22179 - 07 October 2012 06:33 PM

And these are the reasons why I won’t touch dynamic clothing. Way too many hoops to go through just to make them work. oh oh

Not really. A couple of items require animated drape, but they’re worth the extra effort. And, yes, if you want to try to make them do what they weren’t really designed to do, they also require a bit of extra tweaking. On the whole, though, they aren’t particularly difficult to use so long as you’re using them on the figure they were designed for. I do extra work because I like to push what I can do with them and use non-standard figures/characters.

Posted: 08 October 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9327
Joined  2007-11-06

Make sure the version number of the Dynamic Clothing Control installer matches the version number of DS.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 09 October 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-23
ThespiSis - 08 October 2012 09:55 AM

And these are the reasons why I won’t touch dynamic clothing. Way too many hoops to go through just to make them work. oh oh

Not really. A couple of items require animated drape, but they’re worth the extra effort. And, yes, if you want to try to make them do what they weren’t really designed to do, they also require a bit of extra tweaking. On the whole, though, they aren’t particularly difficult to use so long as you’re using them on the figure they were designed for. I do extra work because I like to push what I can do with them and use non-standard figures/characters.

I thought it was all a bit of a faff at first, but now I hardly use non-dynamic clothes at all; dynamics are generally far cheaper for the same quality (or free) and look better. I found animated drapes slow and difficult and often gave the wrong results (such as ‘popping out” of low cut clothes). I now go into the item rig in Scene and rotate each rigged part to sort-of fit before draping and it seems to work really well, even in more extreme poses.

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
siluria - 09 October 2012 03:01 AM
ThespiSis - 08 October 2012 09:55 AM

I thought it was all a bit of a faff at first, but now I hardly use non-dynamic clothes at all; dynamics are generally far cheaper for the same quality (or free) and look better. I found animated drapes slow and difficult and often gave the wrong results (such as ‘popping out” of low cut clothes). I now go into the item rig in Scene and rotate each rigged part to sort-of fit before draping and it seems to work really well, even in more extreme poses.

With the ‘cloth’ settings and shaders like Fabricator, one shirt becomes 100…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 October 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2655
Joined  2003-12-06
siluria - 09 October 2012 03:01 AM

I now go into the item rig in Scene and rotate each rigged part to sort-of fit before draping and it seems to work really well, even in more extreme poses.

I’ve always done that in preference to running an animated drape. It does have limits, though, e.g. when putting a pretty dress on a werewolf. One method or the other usually works well enough, with enough tweaking.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 16 October 2012 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-03-26

Posted: 16 October 2012 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2009-04-20

Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress
Ultimate Tee is already updated and available.

Posted: 16 October 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2004-07-01
OptiTex - 16 October 2012 05:32 AM

Just to inform you, I am working on the free updates for all Dynamic Clothes items in the Daz store (rigged to Genesis) I uploaded to Daz 10 items until now and hope Daz will release them soon.
Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress
Ultimate Tee is already updated and available.

wonderful news - thank you

Posted: 16 October 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2566
Joined  2007-12-07

Many thanks for this.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 16 October 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6459
Joined  2006-02-20

Thank you very much!
smile smile smile

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 16 October 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2007-09-11

YEAH!

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1391
Joined  2010-03-01

Thank you Martin.

Posted: 16 October 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Just passing-through and wanted to add my ‘Thanks’ for updating these outfits, and supporting (in my case) hobbyists!  Vendor support might be a short-term cost, but in the end, it speaks volumes to your customers….grin

21 of 52