Digital Art Zone

17 of 47
New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]
Posted: 14 September 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2004-01-05

Just replied via PM over at RDNA, zigraphix!

I’ld be willing to work on a conversion with Martin, but it really depends how much work it would be.
I have absolutely no idea how dynamics in DS work…

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2010-03-01
Arki - 14 September 2012 12:41 PM

I’ld be willing to work on a conversion with Martin, but it really depends how much work it would be.

All I gotta say is “YIPEEE!!!!!”

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1302
Joined  2010-03-15

Well, I’d be one of your top customers if a union between your Dynamics and Daz Dynamics was made. So many of you outfits suit my fantasy book cover themes :D

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 14 September 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  357
Joined  2007-09-11

HAPPY DANCE!!!

I LUV YOU, ARKI!!!!!!!

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4467
Joined  2004-08-11

You got a sale from me too Arki!  Hope it all works out.  That’s a fantastical set you got over there at RDNA!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 14 September 2012 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3115
Joined  2007-06-22

Will this be a conversion for V4 or Genesis?

Would really love to see something like this for Genesis.

Posted: 14 September 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  803
Joined  2007-01-08
RAMWolff - 14 September 2012 12:38 PM

Now that would be cool indeed.  The new Angelic set at RDNA only has the sleeves and over skirt needing to be dynamic,  I think it would be a wonderful start to a beautiful union if you both made it work in DAZ Studio.  There is supposedly an issue with the wing armor for DS but they forgot we have that nifty smoothing and collision we can add.. no poke throughs that way!  grin

Oh, thanks for mentioning it. I asked in a thread hereabout but didn’t get any responses.

Posted: 14 September 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4467
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea, when I read that about the wings I just chuckled.  If I can get ill fitting clothing to fit an old figure like Aiko 3 using the smoothing and collision then a new item like the wing armor should be no issue what so ever.  I hope!  lol

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  992
Joined  2012-02-04

The main problem the wing armor has is the ‘winghand’ bones don’t conform to the wing (the bones leading up to that do, however).  So it’s not so much a collision/smoothing thing as it is that the bone is angled off in completely the wrong direction.  Now, you can go in and manually adjust the winghand bones, but it’s an extra step that is a nuisance.  I don’t understand why just this one pair of bones (left and right side) don’t conform when the rest of the armor bones do…

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2004-01-05
scorpio64dragon - 14 September 2012 01:39 PM

Will this be a conversion for V4 or Genesis?

Would really love to see something like this for Genesis.

To this point, I am thinking more of a version for V4, as the original outfit is.

Posted: 15 September 2012 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2009-04-20

You can not make a conversion from poser dynamics to Daz, you have to start from scratch again.
OptiTex/Daz dynamic clothes is not made like Poser but is made like marvelous based on real sewing patterns like it is in real live.
You have to make a real sewing pattern and sew it in the computer together, this work must be done in OptiTex and than you can bring it into Daz as a dynamic item.
That mean in this case I have to make the patterns for this dress from scratch again and Arki has to make the amazing textures again and somebody has to make the Daz promos, all together a lot of work.

Posted: 15 September 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2759
Joined  2007-12-25
OptiTex - 15 September 2012 12:26 AM

You can not make a conversion from poser dynamics to Daz, you have to start from scratch again.
OptiTex/Daz dynamic clothes is not made like Poser but is made like marvelous based on real sewing patterns like it is in real live.
You have to make a real sewing pattern and sew it in the computer together, this work must be done in OptiTex and than you can bring it into Daz as a dynamic item.
That mean in this case I have to make the patterns for this dress from scratch again and Arki has to make the amazing textures again and somebody has to make the Daz promos, all together a lot of work.

For the patterns, I recommend starting from the texture templates for the over skirt and sleeves. They should be close to the shape that would be needed for an actual cloth pattern.

I have offered to remap the dynamic item to use the same textures as the original (as I did with Queen of Ages and the MFD). Starting from the existing texture template to lay out the pattern pieces will help a lot. I believe I also have a method to convert existing textures to the OptiTex mapping with a script, once the remapping step is done, which would solve the problem that the uv map reverts to the original if the drape is frozen.

I’m willing to do promos for this add-on, as well, though it will be up to Arki to decide if they are acceptable.

I think the effort is worth it for this set. Again, this kind of clothing is exactly the sort of thing many of us were hoping for with dynamics. I could see being able to use these pieces in all sorts of situations.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 15 September 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-20
zigraphix - 15 September 2012 07:21 AM
OptiTex - 15 September 2012 12:26 AM

For the patterns, I recommend starting from the texture templates for the over skirt and sleeves. They should be close to the shape that would be needed for an actual cloth pattern.

I have offered to remap the dynamic item to use the same textures as the original (as I did with Queen of Ages and the MFD). Starting from the existing texture template to lay out the pattern pieces will help a lot. I believe I also have a method to convert existing textures to the OptiTex mapping with a script, once the remapping step is done, which would solve the problem that the uv map reverts to the original if the drape is frozen.

I’m willing to do promos for this add-on, as well, though it will be up to Arki to decide if they are acceptable.

I think the effort is worth it for this set. Again, this kind of clothing is exactly the sort of thing many of us were hoping for with dynamics. I could see being able to use these pieces in all sorts of situations.

No they are not similar because for clothing patterns you create the shape with darts and seams and in poser you can sculpt the clothes that is why a texture map from OptiTex or marvelous has much more panels than poser dynamics, but no problem I can make the patterns

Posted: 15 September 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2759
Joined  2007-12-25
OptiTex - 15 September 2012 07:51 AM

No they are not similar because for clothing patterns you create the shape with darts and seams and in poser you can sculpt the clothes that is why a texture map from OptiTex or marvelous has much more panels than poser dynamics, but no problem I can make the patterns

Yes, I do understand that. All I’m saying is that if you lay out the patterns on the “fabric” similarly to how the existing texture template looks, it will be easier for me to remap the dynamic item to use the original textures. But I can deal with it either way.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 15 September 2012 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-20
zigraphix - 15 September 2012 06:30 PM
OptiTex - 15 September 2012 07:51 AM

Yes, I do understand that. All I’m saying is that if you lay out the patterns on the “fabric” similarly to how the existing texture template looks, it will be easier for me to remap the dynamic item to use the original textures. But I can deal with it either way.

understand

17 of 47