Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Texture Converter 2 and Genesis
Posted: 06 September 2012 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3378
Joined  2009-08-05

Ye I watched the tutorial on it. Looks interesting. I’ll play around with it tonight. My only issue is that it does not resolve seams. That will remain a guessing game in 2d paint apps.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 06 September 2012 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2009-02-26

Pm me if you have any questions… I love photoshop lol!

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 06 September 2012 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14035
Joined  2003-10-09

Another approach, if you have a suitable tool (I don’t think DS texture baker will do it) is to take the model into a mapping or modelling application and give it a second UV map, for the figure you ant to convert to (or from, depending on which you are using), then bake the texture from one mapping to another. If you have multiple maps you want to convert, and the relevant tools and skills, this may be easier than using PS to manipulate the flat map. However, it would be a lot of work to get set up.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Richard Haseltine - 06 September 2012 07:47 AM

Another approach, if you have a suitable tool (I don’t think DS texture baker will do it) is to take the model into a mapping or modelling application and give it a second UV map, for the figure you ant to convert to (or from, depending on which you are using), then bake the texture from one mapping to another. If you have multiple maps you want to convert, and the relevant tools and skills, this may be easier than using PS to manipulate the flat map. However, it would be a lot of work to get set up.

God, I wouldn’t know where to start with UV mapping in daz, I couldn’t even master it in 3ds max letalone on a human figure LOL! But Zev might be good at that sort of thing. cheese

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05
Richard Haseltine - 06 September 2012 07:47 AM

Hmmm that actually might work. However that is more a technique for an indiviual who has those tools and extensive knowledge. We are trying to come up a solution that anybody can do. Can you tell me why when you fit M5 Gens to genesis and hide it, there is a transparent hole on the figure? Its a hurdle that is halting my testing..:(

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Lol, I had that problem too. I descovered if u select ‘it’ on the scene tab, and delete it, things go back to normal… The only problem is of course, If you want the gens back later, you gotta start again :(

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2010-01-02

None of this would be necessary, actually! If you have purchased (or prepared to purchase) the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes for Genesis, their respective UV maps will be available to you when you apply gen 3 textures to Genesis. By default, Genesis uses V4 UV’s, but just select the correct one under the UV Set option under the surfaces tab smile

Signature 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
My deviantART

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

We are specifically talking about using m4 gen UV on M5 Genitalia. That is what we are trying to solve. M5 Gens only comes with M5 UV set.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Lol, the topic evolved haha!

@Tigerste - Love your avatar!

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Lol the OP got his answer already, so we might as well continue:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2010-01-02

@Zevo, my apologies, I was posting regarding the original topic that was still the topic title and didn’t have a definitive answer hehe wink
@marcus, many thanks! smile

Signature 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
My deviantART

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Lol no need to apologize. We derailed the crap out of this thread. Your response was to the op:) I just thought it was to us:)

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Zev, how did you go with your puppet warping?

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-05

Oh I nailed it. Its actually a lot of fun:) What I’m doing when the process is perfected, is saving an action script for photoshop, so all you do is load up the m4 gens texture on the m5 gens texture, run the script and it will do the conversion. You’ll need Cs5 though. I will have to make one for the Gen and one for the hip. So all in all it will be two scripts. just click run action and watch all the crap I catch on LOL. So instead of having to tweak every set, just run the script and the exact process will happen on whatever M4 UV is loaded.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 07 September 2012 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

OOOO.. That’s awsome! I’d love to get my hands on that! I’m rather skilled in PS but I dont have much knowledge on action script.

Signature 

2 of 3