Your line of thought has helped.
Instead of changing the file names of a thousand files, I had to narrow it down to WHICH files of morphs the offender was in using process of elimination.
What I did was just made a separate file and placed the directories with morphs in them all in there.
From there, I added groups of morphs and then restarted DAZ repeatedly, narrowing my list. Adding slowly each file until the offending head popped up.
It was confusing but I found two folders that have files files that cause the extra head morphs selection to appear in the Hierarchy. When those file folders are not present in the Morph directory, the head doesn’t show up. Now I am going to use your method to find out which one of the morphs inside are the culprit.
Wish me luck.