Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Why does ‘head’ show up twice?....*SOLVED*
Posted: 05 September 2012 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29

Why does the ‘head’ section show up twice in my Shaping Tab Hierarchy? Once under ‘Actor’ and once in the main section?

Image Attachments
multiple_head_error.jpg
 Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 05 September 2012 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

It doesn’t for me.  Best bet is that you either have old versions of some content installed or have saved some custom shaping parameters (or home-grown metadata imports) that are causing it.

Image Attachments
201209050831_shaping_no_2xhead.png
 Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

weirdness…

What would cause it in the metadata and is there a way to modify the metadata to correct it?

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  883
Joined  2007-01-04

Either that or you’ve been messing around with the property editor and buggered the settings in your morphs.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Nope, this is after a total wipe and restart of DAZ3d. It was normal… I added a bunch of morphs, and then I opened it and there it was. I actually believre I know the culprit .DSF file but it is encrypted. I was going to download 7ZIP to take a look at it and see if I can confirm my suspicions.

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

It is “fixable” as it were, but I don’t know of an easy way to do it.  Let me think on it for a bit.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
RKane_1 - 05 September 2012 08:26 AM

Nope, this is after a total wipe and restart of DAZ3d. It was normal… I added a bunch of morphs, and then I opened it and there it was. I actually believre I know the culprit .DSF file but it is encrypted. I was going to download 7ZIP to take a look at it and see if I can confirm my suspicions.

You could temporarily rename it to a non-daz file type, that should take it out of the hierarchy and confirm which file it is (provided you restart Studio).

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
DWG - 05 September 2012 09:10 AM

You could temporarily rename it to a non-daz file type, that should take it out of the hierarchy and confirm which file it is (provided you restart Studio).

How do I do that, exactly? Won’t changing it to say a .txt file screw it up and I won’t be able to get it back?

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19
RKane_1 - 05 September 2012 08:17 AM

weirdness…

What would cause it in the metadata and is there a way to modify the metadata to correct it?

Shaping tab isn’t one I use, but if it determines morph ierarchy the same way as the morphs section of the parameter tab then that’s dependent on the content of the morph files, not metadata (or at least not on what I would call metadata).

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7088
Joined  2009-07-13

maybe it is Zaphod Beeblebrox?

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 05 September 2012 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19
RKane_1 - 05 September 2012 09:13 AM
DWG - 05 September 2012 09:10 AM

How do I do that, exactly? Won’t changing it to say a .txt file screw it up and I won’t be able to get it back?

File type is completely independent of file contents, I regularly change many file types back and forth if I can’t be bothered to set them up to launch things like editors by double-clicking. I’ve happily changed an (unencrypted) .dsf to .txt, edited it, changed it back to .dsf and used it without issue. In fact I did it to deliberately do what you’re trying to investigate, change the position of a morph in the hierarchy. If you’re worried, take a copy of the file first, but you’ll need to store it somewhere other than /data otherwise Studio will read the copy. And at worst you could always reinstall, but changing file types won’t change file contents on its own.

Posted: 05 September 2012 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Well, I did it and it wasn’t the one I thought it was. *pout*

And i guess there is no easy way to track which one of them it is, huh. *sigh*

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2012 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Okay, DWG.

Your line of thought has helped.

Instead of changing the file names of a thousand files, I had to narrow it down to WHICH files of morphs the offender was in using process of elimination.

What I did was just made a separate file and placed the directories with morphs in them all in there.

From there, I added groups of morphs and then restarted DAZ repeatedly, narrowing my list. Adding slowly each file until the offending head popped up.

It was confusing but I found two folders that have files files that cause the extra head morphs selection to appear in the Hierarchy. When those file folders are not present in the Morph directory, the head doesn’t show up. Now I am going to use your method to find out which one of the morphs inside are the culprit.

Wish me luck.

smile

Signature 

Posted: 05 September 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2259
Joined  2007-12-07

Good luck and let us know - mainly as I have this duplication too! smile

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 05 September 2012 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  883
Joined  2007-01-04

If your using 4.5 then use the batch converter tab to uncompress it.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 05 September 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Okay… It was NOT in the third party products as I suspected.

It was in two products I bought here.

Is it appropriate to state this in the forum? I don’t want to embarrass anyone and the products themselves are great, they just cause this duplication error.

Signature 

1 of 2