Digital Art Zone

5 of 8
Genesis Wishlist… what do you want to see next for Genesis?
Posted: 22 November 2012 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2310
Joined  2007-12-13

One thing I wouldn’t mind seeing is hair for M5 that has a scalp which can be geografted to his head. There’s nothing worse, to me anyway, than short hair that conforms only to the top of the head leaving the sides flapping uselessly. A geografted scalp would mean that the hair could look like it was growing properly from the head everywhere that it is meant to and it wouldn’t look like a dodgy wig. The scalp could also have the same material zones as Skin_Face and Skin_Head and the same UV properties as the rest of Genesis so that any head texture could be used.

Whether or not this could actually be done is beyond me, but, it’s food for thought…..

CHEERS!

Posted: 22 November 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
HeraldOfFire - 22 November 2012 09:13 AM

There doesn’t seem to be many stylized anime Genesis characters yet aside from Aiko

Here’s some!

Sadie and Sam (kind of anime-flavored western stylized)
Mavka for Genesis
Jazlyn for Genesis (again, anime-flavored, more western stylized)
Kiyoko
Hitomi + several characters
Chibi people
Nata for Genesis (stylized, way less anime)
A3 and H3 for Genesis.
Toon Amy (more western, but stylized)
Taiga for Genesis
Jason and Jasmin for Genesis
A4 & H4 for Genesis

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  608
Joined  2012-02-07
RKane_1 - 04 September 2012 05:32 PM

Couples poses (similar to:Tender Moments for M4/V4; Need a Lift - poses for M4/V4; Together Pose Set)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/true-love
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/subtle-couple-poses-for-v5-m5

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2310
Joined  2007-12-13

I’d like to see some Elite textures that are just as good in Poser as they are in DS. There’s been too much emphasis placed on the Elite Human Surface Shader which Poser users can’t use.

If you look at Snarlygribbly’s EZ Skin 2, there are things that it creates that I think all textures should have as standard, things like procedural bump and specular maps.

Now that both platforms are back in the game again it’s time they were both properly catered for.

CHEERS!

Posted: 26 November 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4182
Joined  2011-11-25

Poses for groups of characters would be nice .Poses with genesis with various animals. I would like poses which are… .Expressive and use the hands near the face, and expression combos.

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

I really want to see an Autofit option for long (loose?) dresses.  The current one for knee length dresses tends to massively over stretch the bottom of floor length dresses and sashes that theoretically should work like dresses.  More Autofit options for looser clothing overall would be good.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3484
Joined  2012-02-06
ZamuelNow - 04 December 2012 09:39 AM

I really want to see an Autofit option for long (loose?) dresses.  The current one for knee length dresses tends to massively over stretch the bottom of floor length dresses and sashes that theoretically should work like dresses.  More Autofit options for looser clothing overall would be good.

Agreed! And more looser clothing options in general…cloaks, coats, robes, gowns, etc. I like Mec4D’s products, and, SickleYield has some nice ones at Renderosity (and they’re 50% off today!) but options in the store here are limited. I’d be especially interested in ethnic/traditional/historical clothing along these lines.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 04 December 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2008-06-01

How about a multiple selection option of collision items for smoothing modifier. This would help sell items of clothing that are layered upon the figure, bras, panties, undies, undershirts, etc. : )

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

* Hairlines for male hairdos?  I don’t know how many hairdos I buy, that have no sideburns, and just look strange up close because the hairline doesn’t have sideburn or other options.

* Genesis cowboy. A realistic looking one to go with horse. cowgirl too.

* Easy pose bullwhip and lariat for genesis for your adventurer or cowboy. Poses too.

* Indiana Jones style adventurer outfit.

* Male hats. Cowboy hat, and Indiana Jones style.

Posted: 04 December 2012 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

I only just saw this post so I’m reporting that SickleYield and I are doing a cutaway tux for Genesis, with pants, dress shoes, cumberbund, dress shirt, top hat and cane. The Morphing Business Suit vest will layer with it, if desired, but it will be a stand alone set.

Posted: 04 December 2012 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1491
Joined  2010-02-14
Marieah - 04 December 2012 04:26 PM

I only just saw this post so I’m reporting that SickleYield and I are doing a cutaway tux for Genesis, with pants, dress shoes, cumberbund, dress shirt, top hat and cane. The Morphing Business Suit vest will layer with it, if desired, but it will be a stand alone set.

Sexy! DEFINITELY looking forward to it! grin

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 04 December 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1491
Joined  2010-02-14

By the way, I’m still wishing they’d made a tutu and a pair of ballet slippers for Genesis… smile

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 04 December 2012 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
SereneNight - 04 December 2012 03:45 PM

* Easy pose bullwhip and lariat for genesis for your adventurer or cowboy. Poses too.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=84684

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3484
Joined  2012-02-06
Scott-Livingston - 04 December 2012 10:56 AM
ZamuelNow - 04 December 2012 09:39 AM

Agreed! And more looser clothing options in general…cloaks, coats, robes, gowns, etc. I like Mec4D’s products, and, SickleYield has some nice ones at Renderosity (and they’re 50% off today!) but options in the store here are limited. I’d be especially interested in ethnic/traditional/historical clothing along these lines.

Huh, ask and ye shall receive, apparently:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dragon-princess
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/dark-moods-for-genesis
and maybe coming soon to ShareCG: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/10236/P30/

Now, I know it’s a coincidence that Dragon Princess and Dark Moods were released so quickly after I asked for more of this stuff, but just in case: toga, kimono/yukata, hanbok, kaftan, thawb, zupan, dhoti/pancha/sampot, hijab, shalwar, kosovorotka, houppelande… wink

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 07 December 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

How about a sexy male santa outfit? Afterall we have santa baby…. =-) Of course I’d rather have a regular santa, but since that doesn’t appear to be happening…..

I also really want better pants for michael. Going through my library the only pants that just don’t look like tights on him are jeans and ones set of cargo pants But some pants with an appropriate folds and better textures= that look good would be nice.

I also would dearly love that pants allow for some morphs for shoes. I have the worst time, once I find a decent pair of pants for Michael, to put say boots or other shoes with them.

I’d love it if the calf part of the boots were adjustable to tuck in, or disappear altogether so he could have some versatility with his rather limited wardrobe.

5 of 8