Digital Art Zone

2 of 8
Genesis Wishlist… what do you want to see next for Genesis?
Posted: 07 October 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

Nicola is a nice one and the fact she has a larger-than-a-dime nose makes me quite happy. She has character. She is a beauty but not a rubber-stamped, frankly-run-of-the-mill , more perfect than human could almost ever be female figure where here, in the world of 3d, is a major accomplishment. I would love to see some more character morphs and characters with…well… character. *smile*

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2012-02-07

GASP! You don’t like Same Face Syndrome in rendered characters?  Such blasphemy!

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
ZamuelNow - 07 October 2012 07:26 PM

GASP! You don’t like Same Face Syndrome in rendered characters?  Such blasphemy!

I know… I am gonna go straight to DAZ Hell, aren’t I?

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

So… does this mean y’guys would buy a lady who looks like this? Skin is temporary (Niara’s), as it is the closest approximation to what I eventually plan to use (except of course there’s some serious twist to the whole thing, but the character morph is pretty much usable for anyone).

Image Attachments
Elehiel.png
 Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Skiriki - 07 October 2012 08:02 PM

So… does this mean y’guys would buy a lady who looks like this? Skin is temporary (Niara’s), as it is the closest approximation to what I eventually plan to use (except of course there’s some serious twist to the whole thing, but the character morph is pretty much usable for anyone).

Yes, I would purchase if there was a complimentary texture which really set her apart. I think she is quite pretty but more normal.

You may want to take a look at the Normal Challenge I put up.

Normal ... make it and render it. Render, morph and texture challenge with prizes! [CHALLENGE!]

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4268
Joined  2011-11-25

Speaking for myself, I buy models mostly for the skins. So… It would depend on how the skin looked whether I would buy it. The facial features are less important than the look of the skin, and whether I can use it for other things effectively.

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
RKane_1 - 07 October 2012 08:47 PM

Yes, I would purchase if there was a complimentary texture which really set her apart. I think she is quite pretty but more normal.

You may want to take a look at the Normal Challenge I put up.

Normal ... make it and render it. Render, morph and texture challenge with prizes! [CHALLENGE!]

Well…

...she’s going to be a bronze-dragonblooded human. smile So there will be pretty scales mixed with human skin, here and there. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

I may just if there will also be included a human texture too. Especially one with some imperfections included. Perhaps she has a normal human guise? *smile*

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

I’ll have to see what I can do, since right now I’m working on getting my morphs right; skinning will come a loooooot later. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07

Yes. And no. And maybe.

While the face is normal compared to normal people, it’s different from the mass cloned V4 template that’s so prevalent.  She looks nice though.  The “no” is from the fact that I’m leaning more towards buying for textures since I dial spin morphs nowadays.  I feel I’m hovering close to my texture threshold since I’ll gladly mix and match across genders if I think it looks right.  The “maybe” is because I still see interesting stuff to buy, plus I like to vote with my dollars and support something that looks like a good product.

Sorry if that was utterly unhelpful.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 07 October 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Oh no, that was helpful all right. ‘Cuz I’m pretty much like that—I’m a dialing monkey, I love to play with sliders.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 08 October 2012 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
SereneNight - 01 October 2012 09:05 PM

I’ve also had problems with skins that are in the middle-tone range. I’m not sure why, but creators put less highlights in them, and they tend to just look beige. I’m not sure why, but I don’t know anyone with beige ken-doll skin….

Well, I have a mini list of sorts of midtone skins:
Shayla and Sadira Rose by SpookieLilOne.  You may want to ask her what lighting she uses.  I have both and Shayla seems to fluctuate a fair bit based on the light.  Attached a Shayla render I was just messing around with.
—RecieCup’s Renderosity store and personal site.  I have the Payne skin plus several of the freebies from her site.  Well, actually more than that but Payne seemed the most suited for the topic at hand.
—xilia78 seems to have good stuff as well but I haven’t bought anything yet so I can’t directly vouch for them.  I can vouch for SASE ROz, especially since she comes with two skin textures.
Age of Armour’s Paola is free and looks nice as well.

Image Attachments
Shayla_Bath.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

Lovely render! And Shayla is on sale right now for a great price 6.50 I like the movement and lighting in that picture! Great work!

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

These three products are also all middle-skin tones that daz has and are on my wishlist, but I haven’t bought them yet, because they are a touch expensive and possibly may suffer from beigeness without a lot of skin detail. . Without better screenshots its tough for me to see what the skins look like in detail and close. But they are well done, so maybe if they do ever go on sale I might buy them…

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/keira-for-stephanie-5
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/falcon-for-m4
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/derek-for-m4

Posted: 09 October 2012 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

But these textures can be used by Genesis with no issues.

So what do you want to see for Genesis that isn’t there now?

Or is there a problem implementing these textures for Genesis I don’t know about?

8/

Signature 

2 of 8