I’m coming in late to this thread, so please forgive me if anything I’m mentioning here has already been brought up (I confess I didn’t read every post)... But, for my money, things I’d like to see:
- Stylish boots (male and female varieties) that can go from low- to mid- to high- heel/platform for use on everything from Soldiers to Goth Club scenes. I think Sickleyield has done something similar to this with a shoe set, as an example.
This set is in the works at this time Genesis TreadZ
- “build your own” type kits for heeled shoes that have closed toes (I know there are a lot of shoes out there, but it feels to me like the default heeled shoe type for Genesis, especially the ladies, is peep-toe).
A morphable Shoe would be nice.
- This is one I know has been mentioned: More skin textures that have “imperfections” on them - more freckles, more blemishes and moles and things. I’d also like to suggest a tone-kit that could enable us to give sunburns and tans to our figures.
- While on the topic of a tone-kit, I’d like to see a tattoo-kit that would enable us to, say, give Figure A a butterfly tattoo on her right shoulder, and Figure B that same butterfly, in a different color and a different size, on the back of his hand.
You can do all of this with the LIE (Layerd Image Editor) built into DS4 and DS4.5 is a Surface option when you select the Image area of a surface zone.
- Easy-to-use/easy-to-set-up internal lighting options for figures, such as Bot-Genesis or Hitomi’s Robo Geisha, that give an “internal glow” to portions of the body (eyes, chests, hands), and can be applied on the fly.
The Uber Area light will do this but is not a on the FLY set up.
- Not so much for Genesis itself, but I’d like to see a set of volumetric morphs that one could apply to a surface such as a chair, or a bed, or a blanket, or what-have-you, that would help that surface look as though weight had been applied to it - so that if a figure were posed on it, the surface could deform appropriately. (Or does such a thing exist, and I’m just blind for missing it?)
Deformers can be used for this one. Also built into DS.
Again, apologies if any of those have already been mentioned. I just know that a few of my practice pieces of late would have been a lot easier if I’d had these things.
DS has lots of things built into it that many overlook or have not learned of.