Digital Art Zone

Where did the Readme’s gone
Posted: 04 September 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  737
Joined  2008-02-24

Hello!

I’ve noted lately that the readme’s have dissapeared, and instead upon installation, the installer tries to find a site which very often ends up in a 404. Happened to me just today when I got the M4 cyborg. (nice product by the way) After installing I clicked ‘view readme’ and then Firefox started to load, pointing to this page
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14923/start

And when I came back with my cup of coffee FF told me that the file was not found.

Now, please, can we have our readme’s back! I use them all the time, to try to locate products in the jungle which is my DAZ file system.

Posted: 04 September 2012 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17137
Joined  2003-10-09

I followed the link you gave and it took me to the readme for the new Cyborg.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 04 September 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  526
Joined  2005-01-18

The site was not there for a while today. I upacked some things and couldn’t reach it either, a few hours later it was there alright. I think this is not right, I really would like to have the readme’s on my own computer instead on a site that isn’t always reachable.

@ Herakleia: Maybe you could add a little note here: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47340, there are more people that want their readme back with the product.

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 04 September 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1443
Joined  2010-03-25

I agree I was trying to load world-base xt last night and couldn’t find the read me which left me having to screw around until i finely accomplished what i was trying to do.
i don’t want to have to fill my book mark folders up with read me files .

Daz guys
PLEASE bring back the read me file.  they are a very important part of the products we buy

Signature 

My web site
My Daz & Poser animations
My Art on Google

Posted: 04 September 2012 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2010-11-30

Sometimes the newer Read Me may not have been uploaded yet, before the product is released which can be the problem

I do wish the Read Me’s would be put back in the installers or they had an seperate download for them