Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Lookout! here comes Genesis, now we can do it in six minutes!
Posted: 04 September 2012 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1352
Joined  2010-03-25
Khory - 04 September 2012 06:22 PM

I have giving up hope and pretty much on buying anything new at daz that is created just for Daz

I know I am prickly this week.. But I always find statements like that to be rather painful to hear. And not just because I’ve had a daz only product come out in the last couple of weeks. But because its so similar to people who say “nothing is ever for V4 any more” when several PA’s still work exclusively with her. I fully understand “different strokes for different folks” and everyone’s taste/needs are different. But things not being to your taste or fitting your personal needs really doesn’t mean everything put out is bad or not going to fill someone else’s needs.

Please don’t take it personally . I am not putting anyone down for the decision on what they want to make or sell. you have to make what the demand is for.
I have never said it was bad, New Daz just does not fit my needs any longer. No hard feelings I hope.
Though I still will and do buy environment models that poser can use for now .

Just because I don’t like the new daz format, there is no reason others shouldn’t. its is after all a hobby program and I have out grown what it can do for my needs.
As R-kane had mention in another thread and he is right. So I am taking his advice & spend my money at other places to buy the things i like and do use.  I spent $40 at runtimedna last night so its really no loss to me if I buy here at Daz.

On a positive note i had orientation class today at Tennessee State and got my student voucher.for Autodesk covering 3ds and Maya. which i have always wanted to learn. So this will be my money Pitt. err focus.

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 04 September 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
RKane_1 - 04 September 2012 06:35 PM

Well, bye and good luck in all your future endeavors.

I never said I was leaving i still come here because i do have friends here.

But thank you for the well wishes.

Signature 

My Art on Google

Posted: 04 September 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29
Ivy - 04 September 2012 07:15 PM

Just because I don’t like the new daz format, there is no reason others shouldn’t. its is after all a hobby program and I have out grown what it can do for my needs.
As R-kane had mention in another thread and he is right. So I am taking his advice & spend my money at other places to buy the things i like and do use.  I spent $40 at runtimedna last night so its really no loss to me if I buy here at Daz.

On a positive note i had orientation class today at Tennessee State and got my student voucher.for Autodesk covering 3ds and Maya. which i have always wanted to learn. So this will be my money Pitt. err focus.

Well, we miss you but if you are investing in Autodesk, I hope you become a vendor and make some mad money.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 04 September 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
RKane_1 - 04 September 2012 07:40 PM

Well, we miss you but if you are investing in Autodesk, I hope you become a vendor and make some mad money.

I’m taking class for autodesk to help me in my career in animation. i will never be a vender sorry.

Signature 

My Art on Google

Posted: 04 September 2012 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7498
Joined  2009-07-13

wow, that is fantastic news Ivy!
looking forward to seeing what you can do,
MAX works well with iClone too, they have whitepapers and plugins on the Reallusion developer site.
it was made to work with a MAX pipeline.
there are a lot of things I cannot do in iClone just using Carrara and 3dx5pipeline that are doable with MAX.
(and you do not even need to use 3dx5pro, it is direct, I think you need to have pro though to sign up for the developer licence)
most MAX plugins are free btw including nVidia Apex cloth, nearly everthing I have to work around using several programs can be done with one Max plugin.
they have a Poser plugin too ofcourse!
and a Carrara one.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 04 September 2012 09:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
wendy♥catz - 04 September 2012 09:15 PM

wow, that is fantastic news Ivy!
looking forward to seeing what you can do,
MAX works well with iClone too, they have whitepapers and plugins on the Reallusion developer site.
it was made to work with a MAX pipeline.
there are a lot of things I cannot do in iClone just using Carrara and 3dx5pipeline that are doable with MAX.
(and you do not even need to use 3dx5pro, it is direct, I think you need to have pro though to sign up for the developer licence)
most MAX plugins are free btw including nVidia Apex cloth, nearly everthing I have to work around using several programs can be done with one Max plugin.
they have a Poser plugin too ofcourse!
and a Carrara one.

Thanks Wendy
I finely bit the bullet. I’m starting part time this semester and maybe after January I will go full time.
the best thing is I have full access to Autodesk University online resources as well.
My friend Chris at Disney talked me into it . He said if i was going to be serious about animation i needed to stop playing with hobby programs. he is always busting my butt about me using poser and daz for animation.

So laid out the money in July & registered. In Nov Autodesk is having a 2012 training seminar for students in Las Vagus too which is optional but most of them go so i properly will too. the ISP company I work for said for each semester I complete they will reimburse 50% of my school cost. so maybe i can talk them into paying 50%  for my trip to Vagus in Nov..lol
I’ve been doing a lot of reading on specs and stuff tonight there is a lot more geometry involved and different techniques on lighting than in poser. so that is going to be a big change right off i noticed. Plus I dunno if i can do the build as you go animation that is something else i think i might struggle at first. Though I am going to like the rendering options like real time rendering with GPU and High-poly meshes with easy switch conversions for low poly for gaming. maybe once i get the hang of it i can makes some iclone stuff for you.
I Submitted my voucher tonight so I should get the programs tomorrow or the next day. I got my sign in info already
I am kind of excited and scared all the same time. most of the students are half my age.. but there are a lot of cute guys so that is another incentive smile

Signature 

My Art on Google

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1582
Joined  2009-08-08

Good for you. The local Jr College has an Intro to 3D class that I was considering. But it seems that the program used is FormZ which I’ve never heard was used for anything other than Architectural renderings.

Anyone have any idea as to whether it would be a waste of time, or can that actually be used for anything?

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7498
Joined  2009-07-13

I mentioned iClone in particular as a lot of “pros” use it for pre viz, just as a super fast GPU gaming based render engine even though their workflow is Max based.
no need to even use iClone content except as a means of learning how to construct your own compatible characters if desired.
and I know of at least one Carrara user who builds and rigs everything from scratch in Carrara and renders in iClone.
I cringe at the wasting your time with Poser comments though as I fail to see how learning to use any software is wasting your time, it does enable you to concertrate on other things like the story instead of the technical issues of building and rigging models etc.
A really gifted person would use what ever means they wished to create their work, even stick figures, the studio underlings then go about rigging and making the models etc they get a tiny spot in the huge credits list and he/she gets the screenwriting Oscar!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11023
Joined  2007-11-06

...when I purchased Poser Pro 2010, I received a complete working application that functioned nicely right out of the box. All of the various tools and “rooms” worked the way they were supposed to. The same with PSP X3 and Photoshop Elements.

With every new rollout of Daz Studio, it always seems to be a struggle, components are not finished or just don’t work, plugins have not been updated, etc. It wasn’t so much a deal when the applciation was free, but when many like myself plunked down our hard earned money for what was supposed to be a “complete” application (3Advanced) to find it no better (and even less stable) than the previous free versions we felt sort of “cheated”.  After trying to work with it for a couple months, I uninstalled the app and went back to 2.3 for a while.

Actually I find PP2010 to be more stable than 3.1.2.32 (on my old duo core 32 bit notebook with shared graphics memory) as it has much better memory management and the ability to perform batch rendering which helps when working with limited memory resources.  Granted, I still prefer Studio’s basic light system as it is far more intuitive and feels more like working with actual stage lighting (which is why I still prefer LDP and SLP over UE).  However, if the tradeoff is better success with having renders actually complete instead of crash, then the extra learning curve will be worth it.

Funny, when I first became involved in this, I was a very staunch supporter of Daz and Studio as I saw them as the underdog in the 3D software world. I liked the simplicity of the application and basic philosophy Daz had, give the full blown programme (not some hamstrung 30 day demo) for free for people to try out without any time limit. It’s “open” plugin based style allowed one to customize the application to one’s workflow and needs. One could also “pay as they go” which on a limited budget was easier to manage than having to come up with a large lump sum up front.

In comparison it seemed that with programmes such as Poser, one had to accept and (pay for) what the developers gave you whether you used all of the features or not.  When S-M took over the rights to Poser from EFrontier (my copy of P6 is still from EFrontier) it felt like things became colder and more impersonal (particularly when the forums at CP were closed) which turned me off even more.

The only reason I ended up with P8 in my library was because I won it as part of a prize package from a challenge. I installed it and started playing around to find that I actually liked what it could do.  Yes it handled a lot differently, but I found could actually render scenes that would crash in 3A. I also found (at least from my perspective) the morphing and posing controls to be more precise. Then just before the release of 2012, S-M offered an incredible upgrade deal for PP2010. Having seen what others did in 2010 and looking at some of the advanced features it had (as well as it being more “gentle” on older systems such as mine), I sent off for the upgrade.

I’m not trying to foster an app war as I agree that is counterproductive and only leads to bad blood.  I’m just mentioning that I feel I’ve found something that works better for me for the time being.  So I guess I’ll have to be content to ‘limp along” with the “imperfect” Gen4 figures (along with Aiko3 and the original Sadie, Sam and Mavka).  I see it as tradeoff for more stability and less aggravation. After all this is supposed to be something to help me relax after dealing with the real world for thirteen hours each day.

Someone once said, “It’s not the tools, it’s how they are used is what counts”.

Image Attachments
leela_child_of_war_rescaled.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1768
Joined  2005-12-31

Actually I find PP2010 to be more stable than 3.1.2.32

Which is great for you. But I’ve never had any version of poser that was stable on any of my computers.

Posted: 05 September 2012 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3172
Joined  2007-06-22
Khory - 04 September 2012 11:55 PM

Actually I find PP2010 to be more stable than 3.1.2.32

Which is great for you. But I’ve never had any version of poser that was stable on any of my computers.

Same here. Couldn’t even get Poser 9 to install and I just hate how you can’t select all mat zones at once and alter them but have to do each one individually.

Posted: 05 September 2012 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2009-02-26
Ivy - 04 September 2012 07:42 PM
RKane_1 - 04 September 2012 07:40 PM

I’m taking class for autodesk to help me in my career in animation. i will never be a vender sorry.

Well done Ivy! That must be awesome news for you!! 3ds max takes a little to get a grasp of - it’s soo advanced, but once you learn the basics It will be one of your most favorite softwares!! I did a diploma in 3ds max a few years back… now I use it all the time!! A tip for you, if you get stuck on anything Youtube is the greatest resources, provided you learn the lingo. I cant wait to see your creations!!

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 05 September 2012 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
Kyoto Kid - 04 September 2012 11:52 PM

...when I purchased Poser Pro 2010, I received a complete working application that functioned nicely right out of the box. All of the various tools and “rooms” worked the way they were supposed to. The same with PSP X3 and Photoshop Elements.

And the same with Studio 4.5.

I’m just mentioning that I feel I’ve found something that works better for me for the time being.  So I guess I’ll have to be content to ‘limp along” with the “imperfect” Gen4 figures (along with Aiko3 and the original Sadie, Sam and Mavka).  I see it as tradeoff for more stability and less aggravation.

Which would be fine, except you seem to be criticizing Studio for problems you think you’ll find, rather than the situation the vast majority of users are encountering.

Posted: 05 September 2012 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4895
Joined  2009-02-26
DWG - 05 September 2012 06:00 AM
Kyoto Kid - 04 September 2012 11:52 PM

And the same with Studio 4.5.

I’m just mentioning that I feel I’ve found something that works better for me for the time being.  So I guess I’ll have to be content to ‘limp along” with the “imperfect” Gen4 figures (along with Aiko3 and the original Sadie, Sam and Mavka).  I see it as tradeoff for more stability and less aggravation.

Which would be fine, except you seem to be criticizing Studio for problems you think you’ll find, rather than the situation the vast majority of users are encountering.

@Kyoto Kid - I don’t mean to butt in on this subject, But I have been working on daz 4.5 since its release… I have had no problems with it what so ever, in-fact it’s been more reliable for me than previous versions. I would suggest rather than critsize the software (Which is still free btw) without having tried it out yourself. Likewise, I do not criticise poser ‘because’ I don’t use it.

Please no one think I’m taking sides in some debate, It’s just my opinion. smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 05 September 2012 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25

Thank you. . I excited and scared both at the same time. this is a diploma course as well.
I’m excited with the possibility of what i can do with autodesk in animation and to help me in my job as a front end great designer. there is so many applications that people use autodesk for..
I’m scared because this is expensive course and most of the students are half my age.

I may be hitting you up for help seeming you hve already gone throught it smile

Well off to work everyone have a great Wednesday.

Signature 

My Art on Google

2 of 4