Odd Cat Poses I ⅈ UPDATED
Posted: 05 September 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17035
Joined  2003-10-09
carrie58 - 04 September 2012 05:11 PM
chohole - 04 September 2012 03:20 AM

These are super.  Only one I think you may have missed is cat trying to get into too small a box, she says watching a catling trying to settle in a box that is 8” x 6” x 6” tall

I can see me using these poses a lot.

Actually Cho I did try to figure out how to do that one,the problem is that MilCat unlike real cats ,doesn’t have the ablitiy to move in the fourth dimension .......that’s why there isn’t a better muffintop pose either, if I figure them out I’ll post ‘em

But I am really glad ya’ll like’em ,cause they’ve been takeing over my brain for way too long now .......I need my brain for other life functions .....

My Brothers Birman has worled out the too small box thing quite well, but my youngsters are still struggling LOL

Image Attachments
holly_box.jpg
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 September 2012 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4804
Joined  2011-10-04

Sooooo… what about Odd Cat Poses III?

Did I mention that I have about 3,000+ lolcat pictures as screensaver slideshow?

And did I mention that it shut up my mom for about ten minutes as she was trying to figure out where those cat pictures were coming from?

Image Attachments
Pose1.pngPose2.pngPose3.pngPose4.pngPose5.png
 Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 05 September 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2008-10-19
Skiriki - 05 September 2012 03:54 AM

Sooooo… what about Odd Cat Poses III?

Did I mention that I have about 3,000+ lolcat pictures as screensaver slideshow?

And did I mention that it shut up my mom for about ten minutes as she was trying to figure out where those cat pictures were coming from?

OoooooHHhhh you are wicked trying to get my brain to take off on cats again .......Skiriki!! Honestly I went through the LOLCats pictures at I can has Cheezeburgers , and Odd cats I ⅈ come from the inspirations there, but ran out of pictures around page 223,if in your collection of cat pics you find ones you really want ,then put the picture up and I will do my best to reproduce it ........Oh and that goes for everyone.
See Cho ,even lil cats do the 4th diminsion thingy ,when I put milcat in a pose like that in a too small box ,it does POKE Through everywhere!!

Posted: 05 September 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17035
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes cats are amazing aren’t they.  It has been about 20 years since I had a young cat, and now I have 2 together, and the antics an positions they get themselves into are very entertaining. Although they are litter sisters one is very much smaller than the other, but she is the adventurous one, always first to try things out, So she gets in a box fine, the bigger one has to try too, and fails.  lol

We think the small one may have been the runt of the litter, as she is noticebably smaller, even now they are almost at full growth being a year old now. You never know the full history when you get Rescue cats.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 05 September 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2008-06-25

Aww cat poses, how awesome! Thank you so much!

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 05 September 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Challenge accepted! Let’s see what I can conjure up!

Note: Partial poses (like for the head or paws or tail) would be pretty cool too.

I’ve arranged these into some kind of loose thematic bundles, from more passive poses to active ones, ones that require a group arrangement, show emotion, are good for facial expressions & misc etc. I don’t expect you to duplicate ‘em all, just to get inspired by them. And there’s probably some you’ve done already… but hey, 3,000+ pics, about 1.5 sec per pic to decide if I save it or not… kinda… FUZZY right now.

Like someone had coughed a hairball into my brain.

Image Attachments
01_Inaction.jpg02_Emotion.jpg03_Action.jpg04_Partial_and_Misc.jpg05_Group.jpg
 Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 05 September 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

I shoulda known better!! I have to laugh cause I had a collection of cat pics on my laptop and lost’em when it croaked.
I saw the passive resistance picture and wanted to do it ,but somebody will have to create a cat harness for the milcat .But looking at these pics,there will be Odd Milcat poses 4 coming ........now on the expressions ,Milcat LE has a few morphs I can use to create the expressions ,I have the full Milcat which has a lot more morphs,but they wouldn’t be useable to people without the full Milcat .Haveing said that I’d like opinions on whether I should make the expressions with just the morphs that the LE version has that everyone could use or go with the Loaded Milcat to make them which means some people won’t be able to use them.I used the LE version for the poses so far .......

Posted: 05 September 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Well do expressions and partial poses for non-LE version of MilCat, and the rest which can be done for everything else? Thems the breaks, life ain’t fair, and so on. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 05 September 2012 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5221
Joined  2012-04-07

It’s been around for long enough many people must have it by now. I certainly do. Would love a range of expressions too.

Was thinking of the ‘chattering’ that they do when spotting a bird on the other side of the window. Don’t have any pics atm of that though.

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 05 September 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24

Wonderful - thanks for these!

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 07 September 2012 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1922
Joined  2010-10-10

Thanks for these, just what I was looking for.

Signature 

Wendy

My website: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk

Tutorials: http://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_products.php?cat=10

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2006-08-27

These are perfect true cat behavior poses! Love your idea. Thank you for creating and sharing them!

Signature 

My Showcase at Carrara Cafe

Posted: 09 September 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

Hello there well I just put up 20 expressions for the MilCat ,you will have to adjust the head bending depending on what pose you use them with,but they will work with any pose without changeing anything except the expressions.It took me a couple of tries to figure that out.

Here’s the link :  http://www.sharecg.com/v/64622/view/11/Poser/20-Expressions-for-MilCat-+-Eye-Poses

Image Attachments
MilCat_Expressions.jpg

Posted: 09 September 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5221
Joined  2012-04-07

These will come in real handy! Thank you so much grin

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.

Posted: 09 September 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-19

You are very welcome Patience55. Would love to see a render or two or three or ...........

2 of 4