Digital Art Zone

What is zbrush - can I use it to alter models?
Posted: 03 September 2012 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2011-10-27

I have created a character / scene in daz 4.5 pro and want to add things like wrinkles and such to make my man look older (much older) than is possible with standard tweaks available in the Shaper window.

How can I do advanced editing?

Thanks

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6489
Joined  2005-08-15

Google will tell you all about ZBrush.  It costs around $500, and it will do what you want with a bit of a learning curve.  There is no simple solution that I know of, but working with a 2D program like Gimp or Photoshop may be a bit easier.

Posted: 05 September 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1158
Joined  2005-07-29

For wrinkles and minor skin variations, you would likely be better off using a bump or displacement map.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 05 September 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay for an Aged character I would use this Pack. Sure it comes with morphs for the face shapes but the REAL Aging comes from the Textures in the Set. We can use the V4 and M4 textures on Genesis so this set works very well. The Wrinkles are done with Displacement maps that you can control.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aged-for-v4-m4

EDIT To Add: This is Genesis with the Aged For M4 used in the textures.

Image Attachments
XTream_Jaderail_CloseUp.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt