Digital Art Zone

4 of 5
What the heck am I supposed to do.
Posted: 13 September 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2006-10-13

I have a weird bug where in carrara I have all the constraints set up for something, but now when I go to rotate anything instead of it rotating it just freezes up, and after it freezes it refreshes the program and nothing happens. The only way I can get the object to rotate according to the constraints is by moving the constraint wheels themselves.
I do believe this skeleton is more of a pain then it needs to be.

Posted: 13 September 2012 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

Actually when I go to rotate something now it doesn’t freeze it just gives me the blue dial (that happens when something freezes on windows 7) as I rotate it, and when I get through with the rotation the dial goes away, and the rotation doesn’t happen. If I try to rotate the whole object it works just fine.

Posted: 14 September 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1816
Joined  2004-08-24

It sound like some part of the object is Locked, or on Full constraint,.

Q: How are you adding the constraints,. ?

Q: what’s the structure of the object,  ?
Q: does it have bones ?

Screen-shots help a lot, smile

Posted: 14 September 2012 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

I was going to make a recording and give you a link, but my recording program seems to not work I used one and it recorded it, but compressed it down into a 2 second video ( It was 15 seconds if not more of material). I tried cam studio, and I remember why I never used it I call it seizure cause that is what it feels like its trying to do anyways with cam studio I record, but can’t stop recording so I have exit, and that is when the bug happens it exits, but my entire screen flash from white to green and maybe a couple of colors in between and it goes really fast I me beyond fast. So here is some pics.

Its not rigged.

Image Attachments
pelvic_locked.jpgspinema.jpgskull.jpgjaw.jpgupper_arm.jpg

Posted: 14 September 2012 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

The collar is locked to.

Posted: 14 September 2012 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  0

Can you post the model or give a link to download the 3ds file? I would like to take a look at it if that is possible.

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi Grimreaper smile

I agree with Muphasa, having the file to look at would be easier, but,.. looking at the first image, I noticed that the Motion method for the pevis is set to “Still” which will stop it from creating any keyframes in the timeline.

You seem to be choosing the most complex method of making an animated figure, (out of separate objects) and the most complex method of animating it.

Building a single Vertex model (mesh) even if that includes separate “Poly-meshes” for the eyes, tongue, teeth etc.. is much simpler to Rig and animate.
smile

Posted: 14 September 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

Do you think I should post it on sharecg.com I was wondering.

Posted: 15 September 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

HI smile

Normally share CG is for completed objects, so that anyone can download and use them,. so,. no. .. not yet smile

You can PM anyone interested in looking at the files, with a Link to your file.

Something that may be useful for you is Dropbox, which is free and secure.
It creates a Dropbox folder on your computer, with a “Public folder” inside it.

Any files you want to share with anyone can be placed here,. then you can right click, and Copy the (Public link) to that file.
If you want to send that to an individual, you can email them, and post in the public link, .. they can click that link, and download the file from Dropbox. (they have no access to your computer, or any other files)

If you wanted several people to be able to access it, you can post that link in a forum EG: here. smile
than anyone interested can click the link, download the file, and have a look.

If you don’t want anyone to be able to get that file from the link,. you simply remove / delete the file from your Dropbox / Public folder.
and the link stops working, since the file has been removed.

You can also save a backup of important files by creating your own folders within your Dropbox folder, and adding files to there.
Those files are then uploaded to your own dropbox on-line account, and if you delete the files from your computer dropbox folders, they’ll also be deleted from your on-line dropbox folders.

smile

Posted: 15 September 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

The reason why this is so complexed is because I’ve tried to rig this in so many ways. Not just bones. Here is the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lrmwlzi1o8ltu7w/AqLy2Ksdc9

It’s called stalfo child.

Posted: 15 September 2012 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  0

If I turn off collision detection the rig acts smooth for the most part. I have not used the axis constraint much. I probably would have used limited movement ball socket joints but you have some of those too.

I will play with it a little more and come back.

Posted: 15 September 2012 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

Thank you I forgot that I had collision detection on. I turned it on to put him on the floor properly.

Posted: 16 September 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-24

A couple of initial issues jump straight at me. 

The figure in the scene is a few feet high, but if I edit the Skull , then look at the size of it,. the object is 35 ft, and has some issues,. there’s a bunch of isolated vertices where the lower Jaw has been moved, or deleted without clearing those up, that will lead to issues.

Different scales in different parts, is one of the main issues that you’ll avoid if you have a figure which you build (assemble) in the vertex modeller, rather than in the Scene assembly room. since everything is being built at the same scale.

If you look at V4 for example, there are several poly-meshes placed together, and things like the Eyes are made of separate meshes.

When you jump out of the Modelling room, you’ll only see one “object group”

As for constraints, it’s easier to have everything set to something simple like Ball joints, and then either change some, like the elbows and knees, or just Limit the motion of those joints

smile

Posted: 16 September 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

Yeah I’m not going to lie it’s a big mess. I don’t know what I was drinking when I made it, I think it’s because I was in a hurry. I was going to clear the jaw out, but it crashed on me at one point and I forgot about the jaw. I’m thinking about going to make a grimreapers thread again so we can talk about everything like we did on the old one smirk

Posted: 20 September 2012 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-10-13

gulp Ummmm…....... wtf I finall got 8.5 install, but it installed over 8 even though I unchecked the box that said to install it over the original, and the thing saids 8 instead of 8.5 now but the code that works for 8.5 worked for this one, and it said installing 8.5.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE.

4 of 5