Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Painting and blending male genital maps - Is there a tutorial out there? 
Posted: 02 September 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4593
Joined  2004-08-11

Hi,

Hope I’m not being overly adult by asking a blunt question about painting and blending in maps to the new M5 genitals.  I’m working primarily with Genesis now, loaded up the M5 gens and they conform very nicely to my Bruno shape but the V4 body UV’s and M5 Genital UV’s are not exactly matching up.  Even loading up other folks genital maps that they created for M5 is not matching the Bruno Textures. Part of the issue is that the Bruno maps are only 3000 X 3000, skin tone is more of a tanned one.  Not very many packs out there at this point.  I guess the whole idea of blending out the genitals with transmaps is a thing of the past with the implementation of Geo Grafting so when I made the “Hip” invisible on the genital figure that entire area turned off.  OK so back to square one.  Tried importing the UV’s into the Bruno Torso PSD file and had a go with blending things out like that, brought it back to it’s native file and exported.  YUK…

So all I can think of is exporting the Genesis figure WITH the genitals and importing the whole thing into a 3D paint program, which I really don’t have one I like so it’s like pulling teeth to get me to do that.  Not sure what to do at this point.  I don’t want to hand it off to someone else to do either.  I want to learn this or Bruno will be released once again with no genital maps.  The M4 figure just doesn’t conform nicely enough and every attempt at making transmaps that help blend out the seams fails in my eyes.  So it’s gotta be Genesis with the M5 genitals or no go.  Why does artistic creativity have to be such a pain in the ass?  cool mad

PS: The original Bruno can be found on this page: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/6841/

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 02 September 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Use the remapped gens—there’s an alternative UV map for Genesis male toast that accepts both V4 and M4. I think I’ve posted the link couple of times.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 02 September 2012 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1653
Joined  2008-11-10
RAMWolff - 02 September 2012 06:41 PM

Hi,

So all I can think of is exporting the Genesis figure WITH the genitals and importing the whole thing into a 3D paint program

If you’re working with the M5 gens, this (in particular projection painting) is the way to go. With the geografting it’s going to be more difficult to match things up in photoshop, and exporting with the gens allows you to use any uv with the gens. You will probably end up with two torso textures, so you’ll have one for use with the gens and one without.

Posted: 02 September 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4593
Joined  2004-08-11

Ah, thanks for stopping in M3dia… I know you have worked with all this.  What program do you favor??? 

Thanks Skiriki.  I think I have that around here somewhere but will hold off before giving in!  lol I don’t think everyone is going to have that little goodie and it may not be available forever so then there will be some left out.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 02 September 2012 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

It is not perfect, either. But it was “good enough” for some purposes… so by all means, yes, totally do it the right way. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3458
Joined  2009-08-05

Ignore.. Just realized I found the remapped version.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 03 September 2012 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4938
Joined  2009-02-26

I got the remapped version but havent tried it yet. Utill then, I worked out how to warp the textures on Photo shop. The torso section is the hardest to do, specially on hairyness LOL

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 03 September 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

FYI, the remap does torso-hip section OK. It is the “torso connects to the toast” section that has some problems.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 September 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Thats the easy part to warp in photoshop lol…... “The toast” HAHAHA! I like your discriptive alternative

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2012 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
marcusfinnigon - 03 September 2012 07:55 AM

Thats the easy part to warp in photoshop lol…... “The toast” HAHAHA! I like your discriptive alternative

Oh that’s not mine, apparently people use it here a lot. (Maybe because much like a slice of toast, it pops up?)

I tend to say things like “one-eyed purple trouser-snake”, “Mr. Willy Wiggles” “Sir John Thomas”, “Mighty Wyrm of Midgard”, “you-know-what”, “Vulnerables”...

However, “toast” sure gives a new meaning to buttering. Although I think that orange marmalade is way too kinky.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

skiriki, you sound like you’ve given this some thought snake

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
marcusfinnigon - 03 September 2012 08:01 AM

skiriki, you sound like you’ve given this some thought snake

I got 37 years under my belt, and a mind filthier than a sewer.

In any case, I’m thinking about possibility to remapping The Tall and Proud Thingee, so it is slightly closer to original connection point… sadly, my first attempt was kinda major fail.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2003-10-09

I think the M4 Genitals are still good enough to be used on Genesis. They fit very nicely on Genesis with the Smoothing/Collision Modifyer applied. If you compare both Genital figures, they are not that different, in the contrary - due to the fact that M5 Genitals are geografted they are not only limited texture wise, they are also limted with shaping and scaling.
For serious texturing nowadays it is necessary to have a program that is able to paint across seams, there are several out there, as far as I know. You simply have to learn how to use them.
And btw. artistic creativity is 99% knowing your tools and 1% talent to use it in an original way.

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1653
Joined  2008-11-10
Jepe - 03 September 2012 08:18 AM

they are also limted with shaping and scaling.

They have the same initial limitations as the M4 gens, but you can fix both with ERC freezing and morphs. Since it uses Genesis tech, it’s much easier to add new morphs and shapes than to them.

I’ve added gens morphs in our Tyrese, Braxton and Corbin products for example and it didn’t require updating the gens figure.

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Male-M3dia - 03 September 2012 08:25 AM
Jepe - 03 September 2012 08:18 AM

they are also limted with shaping and scaling.

They have the same initial limitations as the M4 gens, but you can fix both with ERC freezing and morphs. Since it uses Genesis tech, it’s much easier to add new morphs and shapes than to them.

Not to mention it’s actually part of the figures anatomy… No more oppacity maps to blend it to the figure. I dont use them oftern, but when I do I like it to actually be part of the figure, in my opinion that makes it more realistic.

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m sorry, Terry, I can’t agree with you. It is not possible to scale the M5 genitals to let’s say 120% in whole without having additional correcting morphs for the distortions. That is not necessary with the M4 Gens. Beside the fact that no one except you did any morphs for the M5 Genitals yet, it is limited not only in the ways I said, it also is not available for all the Poser users. And the fact that the M5 Gens are not in any way better than the M4 Gens, the new UV Mapping has NO benefits, there’s absolutely nothing new in functionality beside that geografting, it doesn’t have a higher density for better morphing and I also didn’t have to update the M4 Genitals for any new morphs I now have made btw.

1 of 4