Digital Art Zone

14 of 16
WIP THREAD for September NEW USERS CONTEST
Posted: 20 September 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2012-08-07
Thought I would go with something completely different to my first entry.

What do you think?
Image Attachments
guitarChick.jpg

Posted: 21 September 2012 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  643
Joined  2010-02-25
bluemoon - 20 September 2012 09:24 PM
Thought I would go with something completely different to my first entry.

What do you think?

Great work, excellent grin
 Signature 

My renders on deviantART http://rendersas.deviantart.com/

Posted: 21 September 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-07
Thankyou Sasje

Posted: 21 September 2012 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-07
Made a few changes, tried to make the right arm less awkward and give the singer a bit more emotion.
Image Attachments
folkSinger.jpg

Posted: 21 September 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15965
Joined  2003-10-09
Looking really good.
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 23 September 2012 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2012-02-07
As far as positioning is concerned, I tend to add at least three cameras to a new scene and swap between them for selecting different angles for posing something.

The picture is an unfinished tongue in cheek homage to early 90s comics and it's simply titled Xtreme!. The fingers weren't quite as hard as I was expecting. The real nightmare came from that ammo belt. Gonna adjust the lighting some and I'll probably retexture the clothes to something more comic style or at the very least I'll pick something with better contrast to the background. Any suggestions?
Image Attachments
Xtreme.jpg
 Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 23 September 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5434
Joined  2006-08-27
I think you're off to a great start. I have a couple thoughts: The big gun seems as if it should be two handed due to it's extreme size. I think to get the comic vibe a low camera angle would look more true to form. The lighting needs to be a bit more dramatic, but may be easier to set when you find the camera angle that you want.
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 23 September 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
The lower angle does seem to work better for the image. As far as the gun, it's more based off of a specific era of comics so unrealistically huge is part of the feel. Just wish I knew of a good pouch belt.
 Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 24 September 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  643
Joined  2010-02-25
ZamuelNow - 23 September 2012 04:47 PM
As far as positioning is concerned, I tend to add at least three cameras to a new scene and swap between them for selecting different angles for posing something.

The picture is an unfinished tongue in cheek homage to early 90s comics and it's simply titled Xtreme!. The fingers weren't quite as hard as I was expecting. The real nightmare came from that ammo belt. Gonna adjust the lighting some and I'll probably retexture the clothes to something more comic style or at the very least I'll pick something with better contrast to the background. Any suggestions?

You’re figure looks very good with all those props, good work.
Only I miss something in the back, in my eyes it’s a little bit empty.
Otherwise good work. grin
 Signature 

My renders on deviantART http://rendersas.deviantart.com/

Posted: 24 September 2012 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3572
Joined  2012-02-06
bluemoon: I think this turned out well.

ZamuelNow: Maybe she needs some unrealistically huge muscles to go with the gun? For the pouch I was going to recommend Percy, but it looks like she's wearing it already. smile Don't know of a better one, unfortunately. The pose looks good...looking forward to seeing that lower camera angle.
 Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 24 September 2012 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
I'm a little amazed at this months contest. I just looked over lots of it and noticed just how few questions were about the hard parts of posing a prop in the hand. And all the renders are posed so well prop wise. Great work everyone. Keep it up the month is all most over.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 24 September 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
Scott-Livingston - 24 September 2012 07:41 AM
ZamuelNow: Maybe she needs some unrealistically huge muscles to go with the gun?

Well, all things considered it would probably be more fitting the era for female characters if I made her waist pencil thin but my brain won't allow me to do that. I think I will dial the arms up a little, though.
 Signature 

Posted: 24 September 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
I do believe we are ready for truth, justice, and shooting wildly while snarling at friend and foe alike.

XTREME!!!
Image Attachments
Xtreme_2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 26 September 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  425
Joined  2012-08-14
Title: Dark Hunter

At the beginning of the month we were discussing posing 'muzzle flashes' onto the weapons. Due to RL concerning, I've put a lot of my experimentation on the back burning. I've still been working on it here and there; not super thrilled with it but its progressing. Looking for some input on this rendering. Thanks.
Image Attachments
Dark_Hunter_1.jpg
 Signature 

Brotherlobo aka A.E. McCullough
Self-published Author and Hobbyist Designer

Checkout my website @ http://www.aemccullough.com
or on Amazon @ A.E. McCullough on Amazon
or ‘like’ me on Facebook @ A.E. McCullough on Facebook
or on deviantArt @  Brotherlobo @ deviantArt

Posted: 26 September 2012 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-07
You might want to work on positioning. Not because the actual positioning is bad (it looks very good) but because you need to find a spot where the guns have better contrast with the wall so they stand out more. Perhaps altering the texture or using a different metal shader could work as well.
 Signature 

14 of 16