Nope, I checked that and it was at 5% and I have 341GB of 465GB free on my Windows drive so it can’t be that. This is all so strange because I usually have no problems figuring out and fixing what ails my PC. This is one time where I’m at a loss. Anyway, I upped the amount of space for system restore to 10% on each drive (since I’ve got plenty of room to spare) and now it’s saved restore points three times so it’s working… for now.
On the up side though, I haven’t had any crashes (yet) since I took out and reinserted the GPU so maybe it was loose after all. I think I’ll still roll back the drivers once my render finishes though. I never did like the idea of having beta drivers on my machine but I did that as a last resort.