Digital Art Zone

Are there any arm wings for Genesis like the ones in the V4 Creature Wings?
Posted: 01 September 2012 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2007-06-13

I’m working on converting one of my M4 characters into a Genesis character.  My M4 one uses the V4 Creature Wings arm wing.  When I fit them to Genesis, the look fine in the default zero pose, but when I bend Genesis’ arms down, the wings are distorted.  I even tried changing them to weight mapped and then using the transfer utility, but they are still distorted when the arms are bent down.  I also tried parenting them to Genesis, but they obviously don’t bend with the arms that way.  As the title says, are there any wings like these somewhere for Genesis, or any suggestions for using them for Genesis?

Posted: 01 September 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2008-04-09

Can you post a pic showing the distortion?  Also, what setting did you use when you fit them?

I used the Gloves—> Tight setting and things looked OK for the most part.

Posted: 01 September 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17
cecil30 - 01 September 2012 06:58 PM

I’m working on converting one of my M4 characters into a Genesis character.  My M4 one uses the V4 Creature Wings arm wing.  When I fit them to Genesis, the look fine in the default zero pose, but when I bend Genesis’ arms down, the wings are distorted.  I even tried changing them to weight mapped and then using the transfer utility, but they are still distorted when the arms are bent down.  I also tried parenting them to Genesis, but they obviously don’t bend with the arms that way.  As the title says, are there any wings like these somewhere for Genesis, or any suggestions for using them for Genesis?

Try this:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/strigoi-the-ancient-vampire

Maybe it’ll get you what you want, and it’s part of the PA sale today. grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-13

I would post an image, but every time I do I’m told the image is always too big, I’m still trying to figure that out.  I just fitted them as being made for V4 and for type of clothing as none.  I never thought of fitting them as gloves.  That worked perfectly, Thanks, Nightwolf!

Thanks, Kendall Sears, for the suggestion.  Though these wings are not really what I’m looking for, I may buy this anyways.  It looks really cool and I I could use them for another character.

Posted: 02 September 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Just a heads up MAX size for images are 2000x2000 with a File size cap. Not sure on the file size, I can post 1000x1000 png’s all day without errors.

Thanks for the GLOVES info. That will come in very handy for me.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 September 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-13

Thanks, Jaderail.  I’ll have to remember that.

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2008-04-09

glad I could help