Posted: 02 September 2012 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2010-03-25
cimaira - 02 September 2012 11:43 PM
Ivy - 02 September 2012 11:39 PM
cimaira - 02 September 2012 11:37 PM

Ivy, the Juggle for V4 is the monthly Platinum Club freebie. It is marked at that price to discourage non PC members from purchasing it.

well it worked smile

lol, no kidding! I’m not sure why it was even mentioned, since it is obviously not meant to be for general customers. I mean who’s going to pay that price for a set of clothing. It looks like a wonderful set, but come on $99.00?!?!

For$99 I better be able to wear myself never mind v4 ..lol

i didn’t renew my pc when it ran out.. i opted for the prime at rendersoity,
Plus I got $15 back in render rewards this month smile

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s just some sort of thing the website does with the free items I think. I just got it for zero dollars.
love esther

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2003-10-09
Ivy - 02 September 2012 10:11 PM

I’m calling BullShit on this statement of easier to make content for daz4,..

I take that you make content for DAZ Studio and Poser? Because that’s the only way you would know.

Some vender at renderosity have even stop making for genesis or have never started and just create gen4 products because their sales had sucked for genesis.

Some vendors here stopped creating for Poser because their sales sucked. Same things happen on both sides.

Not to mention every other daz program release required the artist to do something new or different to make their products work in the new studio version. that is not progress to me or easier.

If that’s true why does all my old content work in DAZ Studio 4.5? If you mean they need to do something new or different to take advantage of new features and innovations in new releases of DAZ Studio that’s probably true.

A known fact daz sold tons of gen3 & gen4 content for their Studio program which had always worked in poser with out tools to make it work. now in order to use that same content you need to have a tool(auto-fit ) to work gen4 in Daz4 ,

No you don’t need a tool to use gen 4 content in DAZ 4, all my older content works perfectly fine, just like it has in the last couple of versions.

or export it and then jump threw this hoop to make genesis work in poser,  that is not progress and it is definitely not making the program easier to use for people that have been using daz &poser; programs for a long time.

It’s not progress in Poser (yet) but it’s definitely progress in DAZ Studio, and it certainly makes thing easier in DAZ Studio. You can’t keep using the same technology forever, you need innovations to make progress and move forward. By the way, I’ve been using Poser for 14 years and DAZ Studio for 4 years.

Here is another example how every version of daz leaves older content in the dust..
The Nerds3d VFX tools made for Daz3 still work great in Poser6 thru 2012pro.  In Daz 4 not at all.. But they were originally made for Daz studio now they are only good in poser. there are other products like particle FX and all of dreamlights products Daz tells the vender its their responsibility to update their content. why? they don’t need to update it for it to work in poser.
But Daz still sells these on their site.  because they know they work in poser even though they don’t work in daz4. Dreamlight is not going to update his content until daz gets done messing around creating beta versions of the studio program. who could blame him.

DAZ Studio 4.5 is not beta and the SDK has been out for weeks.

Poser never changed how older content worked in their program.

Then why did so many plug-ins and scripts have to be updated for Poser Pro 2012, (and there are still some that haven’t been updated and won’t work). Have you tried using the wind control in the Poser cloth room since SR3 came out? It’s broken. I’m just saying that these things happen in both programs.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2802
Joined  2007-12-25
cimaira - 02 September 2012 11:43 PM
Ivy - 02 September 2012 11:39 PM
cimaira - 02 September 2012 11:37 PM

Ivy, the Juggle for V4 is the monthly Platinum Club freebie. It is marked at that price to discourage non PC members from purchasing it.

well it worked smile

lol, no kidding! I’m not sure why it was even mentioned, since it is obviously not meant to be for general customers. I mean who’s going to pay that price for a set of clothing. It looks like a wonderful set, but come on $99.00?!?!

Based on what has happened with previous PC monthly freebies, it will probably be on sale to everyone else for a more normal price in about a month as a DAZ Original.

Regarding the data about sales figures for Genesis vs. V4 products… I don’t make conforming content for sale myself, but I do have the reliable word of several other PAs who do, and that’s what they’re telling me. As far as how easy or difficult it is to make content for Genesis as opposed to earlier figures, I guess I do know something about that, seeing as I wrote the first draft of the documentation for the new content creation tools. Supporting a wide variety of figure morphs is a lot less work with Genesis. That’s simply true. On the other hand, the behavior of the smoothing algorithm is a mixed bag. Smoothing helps a lot with minor poke-through, but also loses definition and crisp edges on many models (hence the larger buttons we’re seeing on clothing recently). And the new method of rigging, using multiple weight maps per joint, takes a lot of getting used to. And the tools (surprise surprise) are still somewhat buggy, which is very frustrating for content creators.

Many of us think this technology will ultimately support better images, though. For Poser users, too. And even eventually for people doing animation, perhaps. (I do very little animation myself, so I can’t claim to know how badly DS4 is behaving there compared to earlier versions.) Clearly it’s going to take a lot longer than the folks at DAZ thought it would.

Meanwhile… I have to admit, I haven’t really switched to using Genesis in my projects yet. On the other hand, I’ve got tons and tons of content for previous generation figures that I’ve barely used, some that I’ve never used. I still pick up the occasional item if I think it would come in handy for a specific project and it’s at an especially good discount, but other than that… I’m just tinkering with the new stuff to see where it’s going. That’s fun for me. Obviously it’s not fun for everyone… people need to do what works best for them.

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25

Here is another example how every version of daz leaves older content in the dust..
The Nerds3d VFX tools made for Daz3 still work great in Poser6 thru 2012pro.  In Daz 4 not at all.. But they were originally made for Daz studio now they are only good in poser. there are other products like particle FX and all of dreamlights products Daz tells the vender its their responsibility to update their content. why? they don’t need to update it for it to work in poser.
But Daz still sells these on their site.  because they know they work in poser even though they don’t work in daz4. Dreamlight is not going to update his content until daz gets done messing around creating beta versions of the studio program. who could blame him.

poser has barely changed in the years rolleyes
one of the reasons that I find less and less to use. ohh
and to animate I never found it good cool mad
there is a lot of work to improve poser. red face
a new build from the beginning would not be bad for poser. hmmm

Poser never changed how older content worked in their program.

Poser kernel ins’t changed, so plugins and content are very fast updated.

with the new studio it’s build up from “0” or recompile

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25
Bea - 02 September 2012 09:14 PM
Riggswolfe - 02 September 2012 05:58 PM

You know, I’d feel more sympathy if I ever logged into Smith Micro or Runtime DNA forums to complain about all the stuff that is released that is Poser only. There is so much stuff I’d love to use in Daz but it is made only for Poser. I guess I better head over to their forums asap and start complaining. “Stop releasing this cool stuff for Poser only, you’re alienating people who use Daz.”

Runtimedna does actually produce a lot of items that will work in DAZ Studio. All of the items are marked if they will work in both softwares. There are a lot of vendors like Ali and I who always include DS files with their items there.

on Renderosity, there ‘s lot of poser only stuff! cool hmm
we all can start complaining on the other forums.
would that solve something? I do not think so

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19

I’m calling BullShit on this statement of easier to make content for daz4

The statement is that content is easier to make for Genesis, not DS4 in general, and several well respected PAs have said that is exactly the case. At least one of them has said it directly to you.

Posted: 03 September 2012 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19

When Genesis came out, and SM announced they weren’t going to offer full support, Poser users had my sympathy.

Now, with the perpetual whining at DAZ, and not at SM, they’ve lost my sympathy, I’m well past ambivalence, and heading into open annoyance.

Not the way to persuade people to support your cause, people!

Posted: 03 September 2012 04:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5713
Joined  2006-02-20
Ivy - 02 September 2012 10:50 AM

...  they can’t understand that when poser makes a new version of their program all their older program stuff will still work in Poser with no extra hoops to jump through. unlike in daz. when daz makes a new version. Everything changes every time.
Every new version requires you to buy all new products or tools to get the older version products to work.. that is just sorry in my book.

Like how my Poser5 Python Scripts (and one of them never replaced) didn’t work in P7. Like how my Poser8 Python scripts don’t work in PP2012.
Like how I have to buy RenderStudio and Library manager again and again with each new version.
Like how figures that worked in Poser up to 8 don’t work in PP2012 anymore (BJD Type2) without working myself on them.
Sorry - but I am so often hearing that Poser content is always working in new versions that I am not happy about it.
I like both softwares (see my signature).

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 03 September 2012 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  302
Joined  2004-08-13
fixme12 - 03 September 2012 03:14 AM
Bea - 02 September 2012 09:14 PM
Riggswolfe - 02 September 2012 05:58 PM

You know, I’d feel more sympathy if I ever logged into Smith Micro or Runtime DNA forums to complain about all the stuff that is released that is Poser only. There is so much stuff I’d love to use in Daz but it is made only for Poser. I guess I better head over to their forums asap and start complaining. “Stop releasing this cool stuff for Poser only, you’re alienating people who use Daz.”

Runtimedna does actually produce a lot of items that will work in DAZ Studio. All of the items are marked if they will work in both softwares. There are a lot of vendors like Ali and I who always include DS files with their items there.

on Renderosity, there ‘s lot of poser only stuff! cool hmm
we all can start complaining on the other forums.
would that solve something? I do not think so

Did you pay for 2 years membership in Renderosity Prime on the promises that they would continue to support DS? Only to find that only 1 in 5 releases would even load in DS, and many of those were poses designed to work with old props? Because if you did, yeah, you have a right to complain.

That’s my beef. Not with what’s in the Daz store. But what’s available to me, as a benefit of my PC membership.

There’s plenty of stuff in the Daz store to keep me happy in that regard. I’m buying crap loads of props.

The PC, though, is…. disappointing. It’s not worth converting the Genesis clothes.

Get Genesis—and Genesis clothing—to work in Poser better than it does now, and the discount on Daz Originals and the monthly voucher will become useful again. Otherwise, it’s not a sound expenditure.

Posted: 03 September 2012 04:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  302
Joined  2004-08-13
DWG - 03 September 2012 04:07 AM

When Genesis came out, and SM announced they weren’t going to offer full support, Poser users had my sympathy.

Now, with the perpetual whining at DAZ, and not at SM, they’ve lost my sympathy, I’m well past ambivalence, and heading into open annoyance.

Unless you’re representing Daz officially, I don’t need your support or care about your opinion.

Posted: 03 September 2012 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19
Velvet Goblin - 03 September 2012 04:18 AM
DWG - 03 September 2012 04:07 AM

Unless you’re representing Daz officially, I don’t need your support or care about your opinion.

Doesn’t it help to have support from both sides of the divide? I’ve certainly suggested ways DAZ might ameliorate the situation for Poser users (a Genesis Base CR2 rather than requiring the export process) in the past, but I don’t see a reason to make that effort any more, and it’s the Poser users who are driving me to that, not DAZ.

Posted: 03 September 2012 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13940
Joined  2003-10-09

Poser users have a legitimate complaint about lack of new products they can use, at least when it comes to clothing and to a lesser extent characters. There may be something coming that will go at least some way towards ameliorating that situation (though it should be noted that BFurner’s post used neither “soon” nor “game changing”).

People do not need to justify their choice of application - if people want to use Poser, or an older version of DAZ Studio, that is nobody’s call but their own (system specs permitting, of course).

On the other hand, there have been a number of gross exaggerations about the way DAZ 3D develops and supports its software in this thread - while it’s true DS4.0 went through a lot of updates, and that the recently released DS 4.5 SDK has not yet produced updates for a number of popular plugins, it is certainly not true to describe DS as in perpetual beta - DS3 used the same SDK, or at least was able to maintain backward compatibility, throughout its development (and it had a manual, too). It is important, if you want to criticise, to make sure that your criticism reflects reality.

It is also important not to seize on odd words as the basis of criticism - my use of “cool”, as a shorthand for interesting, useful or offering new avenues for use for example, or the infamous “DAZ soon”.

As with so many of these conversations, far too many people are taking entrenched positions and are using selected facts as incendiaries rather than sources of illumination. There are real issues here, please discuss them n a civil and sensible fashion.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 03 September 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry Richard, It’s the same story every time in every forum, always the same old story…. sick

Posted: 03 September 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Joined  2005-09-19

The Nerds3d VFX tools made for Daz3 still work great in Poser6 thru 2012pro.  In Daz 4 not at all..

Image 1, DS3, image 2, DS4.5. Both using the same setup with Nerd 3D’s Deluxe Fog III, I just swapped the Troll for S5. Necessary changes, I dialled Fog A and B back to 25% opacity, dropped the external lights from 200% to 100% (which is the same level of light tweaking I’d expect in any image).

Image Attachments
A_Good_Man_in_A_Fight_-_Redux.jpgS5_Curvy_Fog.jpg

4 of 7