Digital Art Zone

3 of 7
It’s just too bad . . . 
Posted: 02 September 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2004-06-23
Riggswolfe - 02 September 2012 05:58 PM

You know, I’d feel more sympathy if I ever logged into Smith Micro or Runtime DNA forums to complain about all the stuff that is released that is Poser only. There is so much stuff I’d love to use in Daz but it is made only for Poser. I guess I better head over to their forums asap and start complaining. “Stop releasing this cool stuff for Poser only, you’re alienating people who use Daz.”

Runtimedna does actually produce a lot of items that will work in DAZ Studio. All of the items are marked if they will work in both softwares. There are a lot of vendors like Ali and I who always include DS files with their items there.

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  547
Joined  0
Bea - 02 September 2012 09:14 PM

You know, I’d feel more sympathy if I ever logged into Smith Micro or Runtime DNA forums to complain about all the stuff that is released that is Poser only. There is so much stuff I’d love to use in Daz but it is made only for Poser. I guess I better head over to their forums asap and start complaining. “Stop releasing this cool stuff for Poser only, you’re alienating people who use Daz.”

Runtimedna does actually produce a lot of items that will work in DAZ Studio. All of the items are marked if they will work in both softwares. There are a lot of vendors like Ali and I who always include DS files with their items there.

I know and I buy a lot of stuff from there actually. The point was that not everything there works in both pieces of software but I don’t complain about it. I do hold out hope that some of it will get converted but I know the odds are relatively low.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1428
Joined  2010-03-25

I’m calling BullShit on this statement of easier to make content for daz4,.. there are other sites runtime dna, , renderosity where the venders are making for both v4 & genesis products and are doing fairly well in this crappy economy. 
Some vender at renderosity have even stop making for genesis or have never started and just create gen4 products because their sales had sucked for genesis.  Not to mention every other daz program release required the artist to do something new or different to make their products work in the new studio version. that is not progress to me or easier.

A known fact daz sold tons of gen3 & gen4 content for their Studio program which had always worked in poser with out tools to make it work. now in order to use that same content you need to have a tool(auto-fit ) to work gen4 in Daz4 , or export it and then jump threw this hoop to make genesis work in poser,  that is not progress and it is definitely not making the program easier to use for people that have been using daz &poser; programs for a long time. Yet they advertise Make art easier with da4 ( BULL its easier)
Also you can’t animate autofit tool with out all the clothes flying off unless you render your animation in single PNG keyframes instead of avi. who has time for that?

Here is another example how every version of daz leaves older content in the dust..
The Nerds3d VFX tools made for Daz3 still work great in Poser6 thru 2012pro.  In Daz 4 not at all.. But they were originally made for Daz studio now they are only good in poser. there are other products like particle FX and all of dreamlights products Daz tells the vender its their responsibility to update their content. why? they don’t need to update it for it to work in poser.
But Daz still sells these on their site.  because they know they work in poser even though they don’t work in daz4. Dreamlight is not going to update his content until daz gets done messing around creating beta versions of the studio program. who could blame him.
Daz’s answer to ad VFX to a graphic is a Photoshop layer.( You can’t animate a Photoshop layer if you need fire or smoke or lightening..) Don;t even get me started on my script library i have for daz3 and poser that won’t work in daz 4.. That is not progress that is not easier. that is just sucker the customer into buying more Bright and shiny.
Poser never changed how older content worked in their program. They may have new sss maps & shaders, IDL lighting etc..  but the older content will still work with out having a tool to make it so.. Daz can’t say that. I think the excuse it easier to make daz4 content is a poor cop-out
and that is just BS if your a poser & a long time Daz2 &3 user. if the product takes a little more time to create then charge a little more for it. If is good like Stonemasons or Merlin content people will buy it.

Signature 

My web site
My Daz & Poser animations
My Art on Google

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1808
Joined  2012-04-14

I know and I buy a lot of stuff from there actually. The point was that not everything there works in both pieces of software but I don’t complain about it. I do hold out hope that some of it will get converted but I know the odds are relatively low.

I don’t think this is really comparing like with like. For years Daz has actively courted Poser users, made content that will work in both poser and daz. Heck you only have to look at the content manager to see the poser format in the file section. Now all of a sudden they start making a product that doesn’t work in poser - which is up to them but they shouldn’t be surprised when a proportion of their customer base complains and no longer wishes to play in their sandbox.

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1841
Joined  2008-05-31
zigraphix - 02 September 2012 08:29 PM
Taozen - 02 September 2012 08:22 PM

Doesn’t work with stuff you have bought in bundles though (but it works on the bundles themselves).

Do we still have a “Fun with Bundles” list anywhere that could be used to help with this? Is there some online format that could be used that would help you add this functionality? I have a website with software that can be used to store a database with RSS feeds, for example.

Just checked my files - I knew I had a copy of that list and I found it. The original URL doesn’t work anymore though.

It’s possible that it can be used, it depends on how consistent the data are and if the product names are exact. Will take a look at it when I get some time.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2004-09-27

The difference is SM has never been a source for DS content. RDNA has products that are DS compatible, but they are mainly a Poser site. Until Genesis was released, Daz was also a huge source for Poser content before DS was ever released. You could only complain to SM or RDNA if they had always been a constant source for DS content which they have not.

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2010-02-14
Taozen - 02 September 2012 10:13 PM
zigraphix - 02 September 2012 08:29 PM
Taozen - 02 September 2012 08:22 PM

Doesn’t work with stuff you have bought in bundles though (but it works on the bundles themselves).

Do we still have a “Fun with Bundles” list anywhere that could be used to help with this? Is there some online format that could be used that would help you add this functionality? I have a website with software that can be used to store a database with RSS feeds, for example.

Just checked my files - I knew I had a copy of that list and I found it. The original URL doesn’t work anymore though.

It’s possible that it can be used, it depends on how consistent the data are and if the product names are exact. Will take a look at it when I get some time.

You’re welcome.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

I don’t mean to sound crass or confrontational but, vote with your feet and your dollars.

Don’t swear to “Never come back” but leave until you hear word that things have changed and things are different.

I’m sure that if they DID have Genesis waiting in the wings, they would be making sure the thing is tested to all Hell before aggravating there Poser user base again.

BTW, DZFire has a new M4 only conforming robot figure for DAZ *AND* Poser avilable for sale for you Terminator/I Robot fans and it looks DAMN nice.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

Oh and the Juggler for V4 is free too so you may want to grab that.

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  216
Joined  2006-06-10
RKane_1 - 02 September 2012 10:55 PM

snipped

I’m sure that if they DID have Genesis waiting in the wings, they would be making sure the thing is tested to all Hell before aggravating there Poser user base again.

snipped

ROFLMBO… sorry, but this just struck me as hysterically funny!  Since when did DAZ test anything “all to hell” before releasing it? More likely they would rush it out to the store, so they could try and quiet the complaints. Oh, and so the customers who purchased it could beta test it all to hell.  lol, Sorry, still giggling. If your join date is correct, you’ve been here long enough to know better. But thanks for the giggle.

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2010-02-14

Well, that is true, but a point that is always brought up with that is, yes, there maybe Gen 4 items still coming out, but they may not be to the poser user’s liking…

All the “good stuff” is only for Genesis.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
RKane_1 - 02 September 2012 11:09 PM

Oh and the Juggler for V4 is free too so you may want to grab that.

If your talking about this product   http://www.daz3d.com/shop/juggling-act-for-v4
it says its $99 which i think is a little steep too for v4 clothing smile

Signature 

My web site
My Art on Google

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-10

Ivy, the Juggle for V4 is the monthly Platinum Club freebie. It is marked at that price to discourage non PC members from purchasing it.

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
cimaira - 02 September 2012 11:37 PM

Ivy, the Juggle for V4 is the monthly Platinum Club freebie. It is marked at that price to discourage non PC members from purchasing it.

well it worked smile

Signature 

My web site
My Art on Google

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-06-10
Ivy - 02 September 2012 11:39 PM
cimaira - 02 September 2012 11:37 PM

well it worked smile

lol, no kidding! I’m not sure why it was even mentioned, since it is obviously not meant to be for general customers. I mean who’s going to pay that price for a set of clothing. It looks like a wonderful set, but come on $99.00?!?!

3 of 7