Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Strange Problem with Transfer Utility
Posted: 01 September 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2003-10-09

I am a big fan of Genesis and the ability to transfer V4’s clothes to it via the Transfer Utility.  I have had almost zero trouble doing it with any model I have, the clothes convert to Genesis very well, the morphs usually work, and it is usually pretty awesome.  (I should add I use Daz Sudio 4.0, I am not going to be taking the plunge into 4.5 any time soon.)

I have, however, had trouble with ONE clothing item, a very popular one called Cutoff Jeanz you can get elsewhere.  I have full-length “Jeanz” from the same vendor that transfer with no trouble, but I get a weird result from the “cutoff” version.

Take a look.  This is Genesis turned into Hitomi, wearing Hong Yu’s bikini top, and the full length Jeanz:

Image Attachments
HitomiThing001.jpg

Posted: 01 September 2012 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Both garments were converted to Genesis by selecting the garment in the scene tab.  Then I went:

Edit > Convert to Weight Mapping and then I selected Triax weight mapping.

After that, I selected Assets >  Transfer   and for the source “scene item” I pick Genesis, for “item shape” I pick “clone” and then “victoria 4.”  For the target “scene item” I pick the name of the garment, and then under “show options” I select “reverse source shape from target”

Posted: 01 September 2012 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

However, with the Cutoff Jeanz, I used the exact same steps, and THIS is the result:

Image Attachments
HitomiThing003.jpg

Posted: 01 September 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

The waistline is completely caved in, inside Genesis’s hip.  Troubleshooting, I’ve made her invisible, and look at the shape of the waistline:

Image Attachments
HitomiThing004.jpg

Posted: 01 September 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

It curves up into a dome inside Genesis’s hip, and the waistline is extremely small. 

Does anybody have any idea why this would happen, and if there would be a way to fix it?  It’s probably something to do with this particular model, but I’m hoping it’s popular enough that somebody not only owns it, but might have the knowhow to figure out what the error is…  here’s hoping, at least!

Posted: 01 September 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Here’s the shorts with Hitomi completely invisible:

Image Attachments
HitomiThing005.jpg

Posted: 02 September 2012 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  925
Joined  2007-01-04

Do they fit the default Genesis shape?

Try using Autofit and see if the same thing happens.

Check the scale on each of the outfits bones.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi twalling…

I believe bejaymac is right… the scale of the abdomen bone is probably at or near zero. This can happen sometimes using the Transfer Utility if the original garments bones ended at the hip, but not always. Sometimes it just happens.

You may also notice that there are extra thigh and shin bones. That’s because the naming of the bones is different between Gen4 and Genesis.

Hope this helps… smile

Posted: 03 September 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I think you two are on to something… unfortunately, all of the bones show a scale of 100%.  There *is* an abdomen “bone” in the scene tab, when I select it, it has no parameters at all.  (There are parameters for Abdomen 2, but not for just plain “abdomen.”)  There are spare thigh bones, too.

I’ve tried it with autofit, it works that way, but the morphs don’t transfer over with that.  Is there a way to transfer morphs over to an autofitted outfit, ‘cause I think this business with the abdomen begins to look tricky!

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2010-06-18

Hi twalling…

The missing parameters for “abdomen” is most likely the culprit… you could select the menu on the parameters tab and select “Show Hidden” to see if they are actually missing.

As for transfering the morphs… no, there is no easy way. I don’t know what morphs are included with the shorts, but I would think you probably shouldn’t need them with Genesis.

If there is a morph you do want, then what I would do is load the original V4 version, dial the morph to 100% and export as OBJ, then use MLP to load the morph into the ‘auto-fitted’ version.

Hope this helps… smile

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  925
Joined  2007-01-04

In DS4 DAZ added a keyboard shortcut to some of the parameters tabs options, so select the shorts in the scene tab and press Alt + Z to zero the figure, that might reset the hidden controls on the abdomen bone, failing that you need to select “Show Hidden Properties” in the parameters tabs option menu, this will reveal all of the hidden dials.

In 4.5 autofit keeps the morphs so you don’t need to “jump through hoops” with the transfer utility any more.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 03 September 2012 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I hate to add this after reading you do not wish to use 4.5 BUT. 4.5Pro now loads all the morphs for Autofitted clothing. FYI.

Opps, I just noticed I was beat with this info.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Ha ha… of course it does!  However, I’d lose all of my GenX morphs, and I’m working on a project that has characters that use ‘em, so 4.5 is right out for me. 

I’ve tried “Show Hidden” and there’s nothing hidden in that abdomen bone… it’s just completely empty, it would appear.

What is “MLP”?

Posted: 03 September 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

would not you try to change other option of transfer utility?
eg check off transfer morph from projection template.

I think after saved the sceane with change triax figure and genesis,
then try with some option.

and which ever you check remove unused bones option,
they often remain some bones which has no means of target figure

(so you get some no use pare bones r thins or l thins,,etc

have you ever seen duplicate ID erroer when you saved your transfered figure?,
some time you need to delete the bones manually in ds 4.0.3.

you can check the bones weight map assigned how,,
and you can check and delete scale weight map,,  select the bone in scene tab,
I think,, if you delete scale weight map, assigend vertexs must be default scale,,
by wieght map tool.

Image Attachments
weightsee.JPG

Posted: 03 September 2012 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8706
Joined  2007-11-06
twalling - 03 September 2012 08:07 AM

Ha ha… of course it does!  However, I’d lose all of my GenX morphs, and I’m working on a project that has characters that use ‘em, so 4.5 is right out for me. 

I’ve tried “Show Hidden” and there’s nothing hidden in that abdomen bone… it’s just completely empty, it would appear.

What is “MLP”?

Morphs previously transferred using GenX will still work, just transferring new ones isn’t available yet.  But I’d be hesitant to upgrade in the middle of a major project.

My Little Pony

ETA:  Just kidding, MorphLoaderPro

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 03 September 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
niccipb - 03 September 2012 01:52 AM

Hi twalling…

If there is a morph you do want, then what I would do is load the original V4 version, dial the morph to 100% and export as OBJ, then use MLP to load the morph into the ‘auto-fitted’ version.

Hope this helps… smile

It looked like this was going to work, I exported the V4 version with the morphs dialed up to 100% as an OBJ, then I autofitted the shorts to Hitomi and then transferred the morphs over to the autofitted version of the shorts.  It worked, but when I dialed in the morph, the shorts reverted to the pre-autofitted shape… with the morphs applied, but still conforming to V4’s shape, not Hitomis.

1 of 2