Digital Art Zone

not sure if this is the place but
Posted: 01 September 2012 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2005-08-17

I bought stonemasons winter castle ruins yesterday,installed the three PC files in studio3,and it’s nowhere to be found,it doesn’t appear in Props-stonemason like the documantation says it should,running the Import brings up some sort of DAZ scene file that does nothing when I click on it…oh it’ll open up in DAZ 4 which I can’t understand what you people have done with the interface,I use daz 3 only,it atleast I understand….

could someone help me here I love stonemasons stuff.

Posted: 01 September 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7083
Joined  2005-08-15

I am not sure what you mean by ‘running the import’?

There is a .DAZ scene file which loads the complete scene, do you have that?  It should work in DS3 without any problems.  The installer will have put items into the ‘data’ folder so that the scene can load.  What happens when you double click on the .DAZ scene in the Content Library tab?

Posted: 01 September 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Something is not right. I have it in DS3A and it loads and is found properly.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 September 2012 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2005-08-17

what I mean is that some times I can’t find things in the content and use the import function to get them to load,I’ve had a lot of trouble with things made specifically for daz studio,it took forever to get the blood shaders to work,and even then I had to use a work-around that Richard H gave me.

yes I have the daz scene file…daz 3d 13049 winter kingdom castle ruins.dsx and other ones

it doesn’t come up in the content library tab,it doesn’t show up at all?

Posted: 02 September 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9615
Joined  2007-11-06

That’s not the DAZ scene file, that’s the metadata file.  The .daz files are in your content folder in the DAZ Studio files (the folder icon with the S on it) in \Props\Stonemason\WinterKingdom

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products