Digital Art Zone

42 of 45
“I’ve become addicted to TV” September Freebie Challenge
Posted: 01 October 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 616 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  767
Joined  2012-02-12
Krissy - 01 October 2012 01:56 AM

I also would like to say that I made a decisson to leave the challenge. I have a lot of fun here, but right at this moment my RL became little to complicated. I am on a raugh path now and have to put all my energy in it..Be sure that I will come over every now and then,

Sorry to read that but hope that everything will be fine for you. I wish you best luck

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 617 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2008-09-17
Krissy - 01 October 2012 01:56 AM

I also would like to say that I made a decisson to leave the challenge. I have a lot of fun here, but right at this moment my RL became little to complicated. I am on a raugh path now and have to put all my energy in it..Be sure that I will come over every now and then,

Do drop in and say hello once in a while.  We’ll be gentle…
~hold pie hidden behind back~  sorta

Signature 

Resistance is futile.  You will be DAZzimilated

Old post count: 5719

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 618 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  588
Joined  2006-08-11

Thanks guys ..

BWSman.. I can smell it raspberry

Posted: 01 October 2012 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 619 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5830
Joined  2005-04-16
DaremoK3 - 01 October 2012 01:07 AM

Jet Lee would be a cool Ninja.  Loved him as the Black Mask (701 Syndicate Super-trooper TanJian).

But, for continuity, I would like to see the son take up the mantle of the father.  Kane Kosugi would make a formidable Okasa.

For the Master’s apprentice I would like to see Michael Angarano from the Forbidden Kingdom, Sky High, and Haywire.  He has great Martial Skill, and is a little bit goofy like Timothy Van Patten, but could pull off the seriousness of it all when needed to.

Ah, I haven’t seen much lately, I wasn’t aware that Sho had a son that was in the business.  I’m not familiar with Angarano at all, I haven’t seen any of the titles you mentioned.

See you in the Monster Mash!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 01 October 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 620 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  218
Joined  2009-04-21
DaremoK3 - 01 October 2012 12:39 AM

DanaTA:

Yeah, I liked it even though it was only on par with other shows of the time such as the A-Team, Dukes Of Hazzard, and etc. when it comes to cinematography and overall aesthetics of the show.

I swear there has to be a car chase with a car going off of some kind of ramp and crashing upside down in every episode.

It was a great series done before it’s time, and with the worst low budget elements.  Can you imagine if it was done now with the great directors creating projects today?

I loved Van Cleef as the Master, but I would love to see a redo.  My vote to play the new Master would be Liam Neeson (Think Master Ninja in Batman Begins crossed with Qui-Gon Jinn, crossed with Taken, crossed with Kingdom Of Heaven, and then crossed with Rob Roy).

I think he has the chops both physically, and actor-wise to do the role justice.  What do you think?  Who would you like to see for the role if it ever was resurrected?

I have the entire season on VHS.  I picked it up a couple of decades ago at a Mom-n-Pop Video Rental Store which went belly-up when Blockbuster moved into the neighborhood.  I still watch it every once in a while.

Side Note;  I also have “The Last Ninja”.  A pilot movie for a T.V. series a year before “The Master Ninja” series came out.  It has one of my favorite Japanese actors, Mako, in it.  It would have made for an even better series.

Wow, I had nearly forgotten that show-fun times.  Neat pic, Daremok!  You did a pretty convincing Van Cleef, there.  Never saw the Last Ninja pilot, but anything with Mako sounds like it would have been awesome.

And yeah, post-Batman Begins/Taken I think Liam Neeson is the obvious choice for a westerner turned ninja.  I’ve seen some bits of Kane Kosugi’s Japanese films-he was in one of the newerGodzilla movies-and he would make a cool villain I think.

Someone who I think I would rather like as the sidekick…Andrew Garfield from the most recent Spiderman movie.  He’s dorky but immensely likable and seems comfortable with the physical stuff.

Posted: 01 October 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 621 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2828
Joined  2010-11-30

Krissy, I just sent you a PM with my votes. I believe I was the last one… so now everybody else gets to wait for you to read my PM tomorrow morning.

(Yeah - prolong the agony. Ain’t I a stinker?)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge!

Posted: 01 October 2012 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 622 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  385
Joined  2003-10-09

Dana:

You should check out Forbidden Kingdom.

Great fantasy piece with Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and Michael Angarano as the reluctant student.  It is a Monkey King tale written by a Martial Artist.  It’s a great story with some decent Martial Arts action.

Odaa:

I haven’t seen the new Spiderman, but I can see where you are coming from.  Yeah, I could see him as the apprentice.

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 02 October 2012 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 623 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-11
robkelk - 01 October 2012 05:12 PM

Krissy, I just sent you a PM with my votes. I believe I was the last one… so now everybody else gets to wait for you to read my PM tomorrow morning.

(Yeah - prolong the agony. Ain’t I a stinker?)

I am off to read it smile And then make my own desissions and announce the winners. Will also make a post in new tread to be sure everyone will know and come over.
Prizes will be redistributed by the donnors eaither today ot tommorow ( I will send out mine as soon as I will have some more PC time - means my evening)

Posted: 02 October 2012 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 624 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-11

Thank you so much guys for a wonderful and fun month .
And so much entries.. good that my judges came out of it without serious headaches smile
So the winners are (drumroll) :
1st - Dollygirl - Would’ja be wantin’ some coffee now, Rowdy?
2nd - Lord Ganthor - Superman
3rd - Takeo Kensei - the mystery machine render ( I couldn’t actually decide which render of Takeo to put on the third place smile )

Honorable Mntions:
ShanarahPSU - Forever West
alanscape - Michigan X

Thank you again, and sorry again for all the technical diffiulties.
And a round of applause for the judges, who done wonderful job and were very neat and fast with their votes smile

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 625 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17

Award Ribbons given and the top 5 have been moved to the top of the gallery.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 626 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2020
Joined  0

Congratulations to all the winners. I will be sending my prize donations to each of you, so check your pm boxes.

My thanks once again to all who entered…you are all winners in my book!

Now…on over to the 5th annual Monster Mash Halloween Bash.

See ya there.

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 627 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-24

congrats to he winners great job done by all. and of course the honorables too. another month gone by wow… good job Krissy with hosting and keeping the peace.See you all in the Oct thread

Signature 

old post count 2826   ETO and all around crazy person

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 628 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2020
Joined  0

All prizes sent, so check your pm box winners.

Thanks again.

grin

Signature 

I am not this way because I am a musician, I am a musician because I am this way.

old posts: 10,322 Daz member since Build 1

Freebie Challenge Rules! - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/286/

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 629 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2010-03-01
Krissy - 02 October 2012 04:42 AM

Thank you so much guys for a wonderful and fun month .
And so much entries.. good that my judges came out of it without serious headaches smile
So the winners are (drumroll) :
1st - Dollygirl - Would’ja be wantin’ some coffee now, Rowdy?
2nd - Lord Ganthor - Superman
3rd - Takeo Kensei - the mystery machine render ( I couldn’t actually decide which render of Takeo to put on the third place smile )

Honorable Mntions:
ShanarahPSU - Forever West
alanscape - Michigan X

Thank you again, and sorry again for all the technical diffiulties.
And a round of applause for the judges, who done wonderful job and were very neat and fast with their votes smile

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. A first place. Yippee!!!! I am so happy!

Congratulations to the other winners. I must say there was some tough competion. Thank you Krissy for hosting and having such a fun theme. Thank you judges for taking the time to evaluate the entries. Thank you Teresa, Krissy, Music, Anna and Frank for the prizes. And thank you entrants for coming and playing this month. Now I am off to download Music’s wonderful stuff.
Lonnie

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 630 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2012-02-07

Congratulations to all of the winners.  Looking forward to the new contest.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

42 of 45