Digital Art Zone

7 of 8
What exactly is this new worldbase item?  I don’t see any information about it in the forums
Posted: 13 September 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1432
Joined  2010-03-25

Has anyone tried pairing this worldbase product up with any of grass sets?
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pred-pack-grass-one
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lisas-botanicals-tall-grass
I was wondering how much extra time it would take to render a large scene using these grass sets in this world base model.
I have a great idea for a animation smile

Signature 

My web site
My Daz & Poser animations
My Art on Google

Posted: 13 September 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6592
Joined  2006-02-20

Pred pack grass one is a grass that works without Transparency maps, like Traveler’s lawn here:
http://www.runtimedna.com/Naturals3-The-Lawn-Vol-1.html
Lisa’s grasses are transparency mapped ...
The render times for transparencies are higher.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 13 September 2012 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
Kerya - 13 September 2012 06:49 AM

Pred pack grass one is a grass that works without Transparency maps, like Traveler’s lawn here:
http://www.runtimedna.com/Naturals3-The-Lawn-Vol-1.html
Lisa’s grasses are transparency mapped ...
The render times for transparencies are higher.

thanks for the reply, I properly will us lisa’s grasses only because they are taller. and would make more sense in a field setting.  But you r right about the transparency map taking longer in renders .
I’ll have to see what kind of work around i can come up with smile

Signature 

My web site
My Art on Google

Posted: 13 September 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6592
Joined  2006-02-20

If you don’t mind trans ...
http://www.runtimedna.com/RDNA-Fields-Volumetric-Field-Figure.html

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 13 September 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-25
Kerya - 13 September 2012 07:36 AM

If you don’t mind trans ...
http://www.runtimedna.com/RDNA-Fields-Volumetric-Field-Figure.html

wow now that maybe do able smile thanks for the lead smile

Signature 

My web site
My Art on Google

Posted: 20 September 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2012-04-12

Hi all!  I am trying to use the WB XT set with Reality/LuxRender.  I loaded the WB XT, then dropped in the Hacienda Hermosa set I bought recently.  Then I removed the two lights the WB came with, and added a Reality mesh light, moved it way up in the sky and cranked up its intensity to simulate the sun.  Finally, I turned the WB XT Skies into a light within Reality and adjusted the intensity so it would render a sky that would suit the scene. 

Here is my current scene.  My question is, what do I need to do to get the ground in WB to render properly?  In this render, it looks like it snowed!  and no, I don’t have the Winter expansion.  (Yet!)

I really want to be able to use this with Reality and LuxRender, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

~ Russ (a.k.a. Ansel)

Image Attachments
WB_XT_Test_7.png

Posted: 05 October 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2003-10-09

I just installed the 3 parts on my Mac. The Base and Desert are all there but the lights and cameras for SnowLand are missing. I downloaded and installed it twice.

Any Mac users?

edit: I’m using PP 2012

Posted: 16 December 2012 10:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  0

I load this item and adjust the sliders and see little to no change.  I can’t figure it out at all….help please!!!! Maybe someone could post a mini tute of say loading the file then making some adjustments to the camera and light and changing the terrain, I am sure once I see what it does I can figure out from there how to use it, just getting started is a problem.  thanks

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 16 December 2012 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I posted this in another thread but maybe more help here. I played around and got this image but when I endered it got these strange colored spots..what may cause them and how could \I remove them? used the WB-Green+Mist2 and 3-lights(smap)

Image Attachments
lushlands.jpg
 Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 16 December 2012 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9668
Joined  2007-11-06
Kharma - 16 December 2012 09:08 PM

I posted this in another thread but maybe more help here. I played around and got this image but when I endered it got these strange colored spots..what may cause them and how could \I remove them? used the WB-Green+Mist2 and 3-lights(smap)

You can sometimes get those artifacts when using Deep Shadow Maps—it’s a 3Delight bug.  Sometimes shifting the camera angle slightly will eliminate them, but the only surefire solution is to use Raytraced shadows.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 17 December 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

ok thanks I will try both ideas…maybe I will get the hang of this !! smile

Signature 

Posted: 22 January 2013 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2012-02-04

I just bought the Worldbase XT Lushlands in the Fast Grab today. This thread has helped me eliminate the grid marks by adjusting the UE shadow bias and subdividing the XtrRings. (Shadow bias alone didn’t do it for me, so I added the subD.) Thank you for posting your solutions.

I still have two problems that I haven’t solved. I saw both mentioned in this thread, but I didn’t see a solution. Maybe I overlooked it.

1) The dots over the trees happen even with the default setup, with no lighting mods or other adjustments. Did anyone find a solution?

2) Has anyone found a workaround for the very obvious repetitive pattern tiling in the ground plane?

The lack of documentation on this product is frustrating!!!  What on earth do icon names like “1-Green+LwC-RT(Slow)” mean? I guess RT means ray trace. Slow probably means slow render time. Any clues about 1-Green+LwC ?

Image Attachments
Worldbase_XT.jpg
 Signature 

New member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1023
Joined  2004-05-14

I also wondered about that tiled ground in “1-Green+LwC-RT(Slow)”, so I rendered it with only 1 repeat for WorldBase-XtrCntr
Ground-PlaneSHi (default in this scene is -80). It does not look very well, because of the intended use with the tiling.
Rendering Time: 8 minutes 30.10 seconds

Image Attachments
WorldBaseXT1GreenLwCRT01pic02.jpg

Posted: 23 January 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-05-14

In next experiment I have applied the procedural shader to WorldBase-XtrCntr Ground-PlaneSHi.
I have used as an example Age of Armour Metalized Glass shaders preset Carnival Green Gold.
It looks better, so I guess if one will apply the grass procedural shader to the Ground-PlaneSHi the render should be ok.
Rendering Time: 11 minutes 8.4 seconds

Image Attachments
WorldBaseXT1GreenLwCRT02pic01.jpg

Posted: 23 January 2013 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-05-14

Another example with Supersuit Fabric preset “Camo - Jungle Green” applied to WorldBase-XtrCntr Ground-PlaneSHi.

Image Attachments
WorldBaseXT1GreenLwCRT03pic01.jpg

7 of 8