Digital Art Zone

6 of 8
What exactly is this new worldbase item?  I don’t see any information about it in the forums
Posted: 09 September 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  861
Joined  2004-05-14

I have found the other solution - just subdivided WorldBase-XtrRings in the scene WorldBase-XT +1-Green+Mist1
and that eliminated completely the grid on the sky even when using Uber Environment.
On the render below Shadow Softness was increased to 4%.
Click the image to see it enlarged.

Image Attachments
GreenMist1sc05pic08.jpg

Posted: 09 September 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi.
Thanks to all those that have posted on this, in a perfect world its true that we would have knowledge of what works with what and what doesn’t.
Unfortunately as there is DS and Poser and a different development path for each, and each app has a host of different add ons and 3rd party developers making add ons and content for both apps,
This scenario becomes something of a problem for developers trying to make products that are compatible with other add ons in both Poser and DS.
Generally speaking its next to impossible to test all the problems that could arise with these add-ons in both apps, if you did you would spend about 1/10th of your time developing and 9/10ths testing, and that is the problem with these apps expanding in this way.

So I opted for testing with the default lights etc… that come with these apps ...basically for my own sanity LOL!!
On top of this both Poser and DS were originally designed to be figure/character apps mainly and not for large environments generally.
Now both apps have some quirks with large environments, but TBH Poser is a little less troublesome in this regard these days.
DS still has a few quirks (which I wont go into here) but I managed to find my way around them, and its default lights are not nearly as versatile as Posers,I just wish they were because this would help a lot for future Worldbase development.

I have been checking for quite a while using the Daz lights in different configurations and I cant reproduce this problem yet.
I also located the Uber environment lights ...but they seem to have very little shadow parameter control even with the show hidden properties enabled (this cant be right)
I selected Uber Environment Base.DSA…but there is no shadow intensity/color just an option to select Raytraced or shadowmap etc.
So its difficult for me to test it (I am using DS 4)

But I am thinking that there is something in UberEnvironment Lights that does not calculate distance and shadows properly (in a large world sense).
Because the problem is appearing on the outer mist and these use trans maps, I am reasonably sure that those lights are not calculating the transmap falloff properly at the distance, I suspect that these lights were made for quite small environments, I could be wrong but thats what I think.
Remembering that you could literally fit 100’s of Streets of Asia probably even more into the WorldBase XT, an example is the new city I am building..its very large…and you could probably fit at least 20 to 30 of those in Worldbase-XT.
The point being I am pushing the envelope with the Worldbase-XT because as architecture becomes more sophisticated and these Poser and DS become more powerful also…there will be a need for much larger environments and I am addressing that now.
So hopefully something will work out, I do appreciate all the feedback and let’s see what we can come up with.
Cheers

Posted: 09 September 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Joined  2003-10-09
Artini - 09 September 2012 05:30 PM

I have found the other solution - just subdivided WorldBase-XtrRings in the scene WorldBase-XT +1-Green+Mist1and that eliminated completely the grid on the sky even when using Uber Environment.
On the render below Shadow Softness was increased to 4%.
Click the image to see it enlarged.

Nice work Artini!!
Cheers

Posted: 09 September 2012 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  861
Joined  2004-05-14

Thanks, Magix 101. As I remember from the another thread about how to get shadows when using Uber Environment,
one need to add a regular light (for example distant) and in that light parameters set Shadow Softness to the desired value.
Since now I know how to avoid these grid lines on the sky, I will try different light sets as well.

Posted: 09 September 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I thank you for Your work and just because I need to use some lights and not others without extra steps does not make your set any less useful for me. I’m very happy with it and I’m looking forward to any and all add on’s. This was and still is my favorite buy so far in the environment category Magix 101. More please.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 September 2012 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  360
Joined  2003-10-09

hi guys..the artefacts people are getting on the skydomes can be removed by raising the bias dial in UberEnvironments paramaters.

-Stefan

Posted: 09 September 2012 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Stonemason - 09 September 2012 10:36 PM

hi guys..the artefacts people are getting on the skydomes can be removed by raising the bias dial in UberEnvironments paramaters.

-Stefan

Tested and confrmed. Any Shadow Bias above .6 will fix it. Easy fix and renders fast.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Hey Thanks for the feedback on this guys
Thanks Artini, Jaderail and Stonemason for the helpful solutions.
BTW Stonemason…love your stuff….great work.
I am also from New Zealand too originally, I have played in Christchurch a few times, quite some time ago in rock bands.
I am from Auckland…played all over NZ, still prefer it to Oz in many ways.
Cheers

Posted: 10 September 2012 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5858
Joined  2006-02-20

Another Uberenvironment / Mesh grid showing thread:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/7390/

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 12 September 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-03

I bought this. It does not work right in Poser Pro 2012. There is no sky ! I wouid love to get this to work.

I submitted a ticket: Ticket #111078: 14880_NewWorldBaseCorePs_1.1_dpc.exe - PC - NO SKIES

but haven’t heard back.

Posted: 12 September 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2009-03-29
wizzster - 12 September 2012 08:31 AM

I bought this. It does not work right in Poser Pro 2012. There is no sky ! I wouid love to get this to work.

I submitted a ticket: Ticket #111078: 14880_NewWorldBaseCorePs_1.1_dpc.exe - PC - NO SKIES

but haven’t heard back.

Having no problem with it in Poser Pro 2012. When using the main/standard poser camera the sky is not visible in the preview screen, but should be visible in the render. If you want to see the sky in the preview then load one of the camera’s that are part of the package.

Also turn of the ground guide so you can see the ground

(on the left side a standard camera (face cam) on the right the main camera with 35mm Worldbase-Xt cam loaded +ground plane guide still on)

Image Attachments
Naamloos.jpg

Posted: 12 September 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-02-03

cheese

Thanks !!!!

This products needs some docs !!

Thanks again !! 

wizzster

Posted: 12 September 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2004-10-04

Any suggestions on reducing the very noticeable texture tiling of the WorldBase-XtrCntr?  Assume that you’re explaining to a small child.  It looks very checkerboard-y. 

My problem is with Ground-PlaneSHI that uses the texture Grass-3GS.jpg as the texture.  I can mess around with it and get it to look like it does in the cow picture below, which looks very artificial, more like water than grass.  Or, I can see the grass texture using the default settings of horiz and vert tiles set to -80 (as it loads using the presets), but then it look like a checker board.  The area I am having a problem with is the middle ground between the foreground patches and the background fog(?) layer.  Here is an image:

Image Attachments
test.jpg

Posted: 12 September 2012 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1367
Joined  2010-03-25

Field of Cows
click for full size full
Rendered in Poser2012 pro.
This is a fantastic world base set. that loaded great with no issues and rendered fantastic. in poser
this render took 43 seconds using IDL light set with raytrace.  I added the cows to give some depth to the render.
A great world environment set for poser. smile

Image Attachments
field_of_cows.jpg
 Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 13 September 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-09-24

Ivy, it looks like you’re getting the dark spots above the treeline that Renpatsu mentioned.

Has anyone found a way to remove them other than hiding the trees?

Signature 

Rune: A Tale of Wizards and Kings, a Graphic Novel. Free PDF.

6 of 8