Digital Art Zone

3 of 8
What exactly is this new worldbase item?  I don’t see any information about it in the forums
Posted: 03 September 2012 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2011-07-18

Quote:Installed and Tested. DS4 only for the DS files. Loads Very fast and Renders very fast. Looks GREAT!

This works in DS4.03.47 OR does it work in DS4.5?
Edit : I have the original base Do I need to uninstall it to use this one ?
Thanks

Posted: 03 September 2012 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5759
Joined  2006-02-20
Cathy_Mod - 01 September 2012 08:48 AM

I too purchased this product and have been trying it out - I think it makes amazing scenery with it’s provided light set, but when I try to go offroad and use a different light set (one that uses uberenvironment) I am running into problems.  I’d really like to be able to use this set with these other light sets so I can change the time of day or the color, or just light up the foreground object I have put into the scene better.  Does anyone know what is causing these lines to appear, and how I can fix it, other than obviously not using uberenvironment/alternate lighting?  Thanks!  grin  -Cathy

I don’t have this one - but I did have problems with other skydomes and the Cyclorama with lines and Uberenvironment.
Subdividing helped me.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 03 September 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2004-05-14

There is a place for large objects in the scene (Desert Stone 1).
Rendered in Daz Studio Pro 4.03.47 using one of the presets in Speed Lights.
Click the image to see it enlarged.

Image Attachments
DesertStone1sc04pic05ed01.jpg

Posted: 03 September 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-03-18

Hi Keesha!  I am using it with Daz Studio Pro 4.5 - I do not have the old version and it works fine - it’s not needed. -Cathy

Posted: 03 September 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2011-07-18

Posted: 04 September 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2360
Joined  2003-12-06
jerham - 03 September 2012 12:33 AM

Are you using the smart content and shaping tabs?

If so i would want to suggest to use the Content library instead (DAZ Studio Formats->Props->Magix-101->Worldbase-XT) for applying mats, lights etc, they are better grouped and have a extra icon with what part to selects. For the shaping i prefer the parameters tab, i find these also clearer to use (select WB-Base in the scene and worldbase in the parameters tab).

That’s not quite what I meant. Look at the names of the icons — especially in the Lights folder, those names mean almost nothing to me. This is where instructions are vital, there’s too much information to describe each option that can possibly be squeezed into a plausible file name.

FWIW, I’ve never used, and probably never will use Smart Content or Categories, only the plain old dependable Content Library. And I very rarely use the Shaping tab — I learned to use the Parameters tab way back in D|S1.0 and I’ve never seen the need to use any of the bolt-on bits that have been added in the last couple of versions.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 04 September 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  192
Joined  2007-03-10

I’ve purchased about every version of these background sets…and I have yet to find one that is anywhere as good as Movie Maker. I’m still trying to decide about this setup. So far, all the renders are nice but pretty dark.

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2008-04-29
Khory - 01 September 2012 09:51 AM

Does anyone know what is causing these lines to appear, and how I can fix it, other than obviously not using uberenvironment/alternate lighting?  Thanks!

I don’t have the product yet but that does remind me of an issue I was having with some dynamic clothes I was working on a while ago. It would happen when I really jacked up the smoothing in the surface settings and an uberenviroment light was used. I can’t remember if displacement came into play as well or not. You might check the smoothing parameter and see if it is set really high.

For those having the issues with the lines in the Worldbase XT products, I think I discovered something. I had the line problem too when using the lighting that came with the product when I cranked the main light up to around 178% or something like that so I could get a bright render that looked as much like daylight as possible. I got pretty close to where I wanted to be with the daylight results but I also got the lines back in the mountains like others have displayed in renders.

I looked at those and thought for a moment and decided that the lines looked like shadows, so I tinkered with shadow settings, shadow softness to be exact recalling how adding shadow softness causes the shadows to be less dense and exact on smaller scale figures. I found that adding a shadow softness of as little as 1% got rid of the lines for me and made everything look natural again. I was using the Snowlands set when I discovered this but I am assuming that it would work about the same on other sets as well.

Charles

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Shadow softness of 1% ? Who would have thought of that? THANK YOU!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 07 September 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2003-10-09

HI Guys
Sorry for any late replies on this.
I have been so busy that I hardly ever find time to check the forums.
Basically….the 3 part Worldbase-XT kit is as explained in the blurb.
Its not just backgrounds, but a large environment with modeled hills, ground patches etc..
It does however use some 2d style images, such as trans-mapped trees, very distant mountains,and of course the sky dome.
Generally those items (incl sky dome) are a long way away.
Our human eye can only pick up 3d dimension in items that are reasonably close…and not items that are in the distance.
So the Worldbase is built on this principle, ideally it is the one that now will be developed,
so in that sense it is a replacement for the old worldbase, although many people are still using that one and it works well so its still in my store.
The new one is more versatile tho, and can be built onto.
I intend to do that, right now I have some very realistic palms, other trees..(hi quality 3d…for close work)
new architecture, plus an absolutely massive fantasy city coming up (I have been working on the city nearly 2 years)
on and off.
I enclosed a pic (no post production) of some new architecture (The Dwelling), the front trees are 3d and the rear ones are the default ones in the Lushlands Kit.
Rendered in Poser Pro.
The most difficult aspect of the new Kit is the default lighting in Daz Studio, that is generally up to the user to experiment with…or use 3rd party (such as Omnifreaker) light kits, the Default Lighting in Poser with AO, Raytracing etc…does a nice job, but so can DS with a good setup of lights.
As the WB-XT develops…there will be more and more available for it, incl many add ons and stuff, the design ( a body null with objects attached and therefore a central morph hub) allows for this, both in Poser and Daz Studio.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Magix-101

Image Attachments
Dwelling.jpg

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-29
Magix 101 - 07 September 2012 03:52 PM

HI Guys
The most difficult aspect of the new Kit is the default lighting in Daz Studio, that is generally up to the user to experiment with…or use 3rd party (such as Omnifreaker) light kits, the Default Lighting in Poser with AO, Raytracing etc…does a nice job, but so can DS with a good setup of lights.
As the WB-XT develops…there will be more and more available for it, incl many add ons and stuff, the design ( a body null with objects attached and therefore a central morph hub) allows for this, both in Poser and Daz Studio.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Magix-101

I was just wondering if any Daz Studio optimized light sets might be in the plans for future add-ons? Cuz, I like light sets and I think that would be really cool. Actually I was thinking that some Light ‘n Go sets for the world sets would be really nice, like for different times of the day or something like that. I know that “Light ‘n Go” is a Dreamlight product but I was just using those sets as examples.

Charles

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Yep thats a possibility.
I may not do that tho, there are people who specialize in this…like Dreamlight, Omnifreaker and so on.
The standard lights in Poser work very well, it should not be too hard to customize DS lights to do the same.
The main thing is distances, the lights have to be set in places that are a long way from the center of the BW-XT
to simulate the sun etc….
AO and raytracing help a lot too…but are a little time consuming to render, that said its pretty easy to get good looking
renders out of the WB-XT without trying too hard.
Cheers

Posted: 07 September 2012 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-29
Magix 101 - 07 September 2012 08:06 PM

Yep thats a possibility.
I may not do that tho, there are people who specialize in this…like Dreamlight, Omnifreaker and so on.
The standard lights in Poser work very well, it should not be too hard to customize DS lights to do the same.
The main thing is distances, the lights have to be set in places that are a long way from the center of the BW-XT
to simulate the sun etc….
AO and raytracing help a lot too…but are a little time consuming to render, that said its pretty easy to get good looking
renders out of the WB-XT without trying too hard.
Cheers

Oh yeah, I have no complaints, in fact the more I play around with it the better I am getting things to look (hehe who’da thunkit???). Here is a pic of some gargoyle hounds I just kinda tossed together with minimal tweaking to the lights in the Snowlands. I think daylight is coming together pretty well here.

Image Attachments
Hounds_at_Play_3.jpg

Posted: 08 September 2012 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

A new fantasy city? Like Andoria???? Niiiiice!

Don’t mention Dreamlight as a good vendor of lights. He has shown up in another thread and basically told people that he will probably not update LDP2 for DS4.5. He didn’t update it for DS4. He has more interesting things to do now.
(Yes, I am angry about that.)

Signature 

Posted: 08 September 2012 02:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh yeah, I have no complaints, in fact the more I play around with it the better I am getting things to look (hehe who’da thunkit???). Here is a pic of some gargoyle hounds I just kinda tossed together with minimal tweaking to the lights in the Snowlands. I think daylight is coming together pretty well here.

Very nice, that looks great actually, is that in DS?
It looks real good, nice and realistic, I would not like to run into those guys anytime tho LOL!!

3 of 8