Digital Art Zone

2 of 8
What exactly is this new worldbase item?  I don’t see any information about it in the forums
Posted: 31 August 2012 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Cagnazzo82 - 31 August 2012 06:54 PM

Is it possible to mix a scene like this with one of Stonemason’s cities?  Cause that would be phenomenal for a superhero render. smile

Yes, you can and yes it would.

Cypherfox - 31 August 2012 06:29 PM

Can someone render a daylit scene, with a person in it, to see what it looks like?

Here you go, DS scene three, Light setting three, default camera with light set to Ray Traced Shadows.

Title: Following the Prey.

Image Attachments
XT_Following_Prey.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 01 September 2012 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1663
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
Thanks @Jaderail!  There’s still a slightly odd cast to the image, but it looks solid.  Cyclorama, Millenium Environment, meet your new friend… wink

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 01 September 2012 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-04-29

I just bought the base set a couple of hours ago and I have been playing around with it some. I have to say that it is really nice and at the price that it is at right now it is even nicer. In just the tinkering with it that I have been able to do in the past hour and a half to two hours I can conclude the following.

The skies and landscapes both look amazing.
The lighting is good with the light sets at default but I found that better results can be achieved with a little bit of light tweaking (raising the intensity for some lights to give the scene more of a “daylight” look. Turning some kind of shadows on for the main light, they are off by default in all of the scenes that I tried.)
Sometimes I found the image still rendered a little dark even after tweaking the lights (though further experimentation in this area may fix this), so what I did on a couple of images was run the rendered image through a light weight photo program like Irfanview and auto adjust colors and maybe sharpen the image just a tad.

This set is just what I had been looking for though, it is a lot better than a cyclorama unless you just like using cycloramas. I can envision a lot of growth for this product as well. It is fertile ground for the creation of compatible light sets to get just the right feel, new scenery and props. All in all a very fine product.

Charles

Posted: 01 September 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2011-03-18

I too purchased this product and have been trying it out - I think it makes amazing scenery with it’s provided light set, but when I try to go offroad and use a different light set (one that uses uberenvironment) I am running into problems.  I’d really like to be able to use this set with these other light sets so I can change the time of day or the color, or just light up the foreground object I have put into the scene better.  Does anyone know what is causing these lines to appear, and how I can fix it, other than obviously not using uberenvironment/alternate lighting?  Thanks!  grin  -Cathy

Image Attachments
What_Are_the_Lines.jpgHash_Marks.jpgFence.jpg

Posted: 01 September 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1652
Joined  2005-12-31

Does anyone know what is causing these lines to appear, and how I can fix it, other than obviously not using uberenvironment/alternate lighting?  Thanks!

I don’t have the product yet but that does remind me of an issue I was having with some dynamic clothes I was working on a while ago. It would happen when I really jacked up the smoothing in the surface settings and an uberenviroment light was used. I can’t remember if displacement came into play as well or not. You might check the smoothing parameter and see if it is set really high.

Posted: 01 September 2012 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2011-10-02

I get those same lines with any other skydome when I use any uber environment lighting.

I have the original Worldbase and I love it.  They do warn that the grassy ground textures are tiled for DS and I found that a tweak to the tiling made them look much better than their default totally out of focus out of the box base. 

I also found the original very slow to navigate in because it’s so huge.

Cyclos can be sized up a bit but are definitely better for smaller sets, so I’m definitely considering this new one. . .  Thanks for all the information, everyone.

Posted: 01 September 2012 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1330
Joined  2010-03-25
Cagnazzo82 - 31 August 2012 08:11 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/the-all-new-worldbase-xt-lushlands
Has anyone tried it out?

It looks enticing… but I wonder how well it runs on average to decent machines confused

Do you just keep adding worlds or landscapes to it?  How does it work.

I must know! smile

one of my most favorite background props. works great in Poser and daz3 I can;t tell you how it works in daz4.5
its works terrific in animation also.
I used it in my Diane Dublin animation. i would highly recommend it

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations
YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1

Posted: 01 September 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2009-03-29
Cagnazzo82 - 31 August 2012 06:54 PM
Jaderail - 31 August 2012 04:32 PM

I just have to show this off. Default Hires load file, 12mm camera and Hi Render Settings. Rendered in about 5 minutes in DS4.5P.

Not bad.

Is it possible to mix a scene like this with one of Stonemason’s cities?  Cause that would be phenomenal for a superhero render.

I really like how the sky looks. smile

See below for an example. Was just experimenting with it and the stonemason Winter kingdom, already like this very much. It has some great possibility’s grin

Image Attachments
Stonemason.jpg

Posted: 01 September 2012 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2006-05-29

Is it a 360 degree environment ? So that I can use it without camera headaches in interactive Web 3D content ?

Posted: 01 September 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1105
Joined  2010-01-23

I really like this - have just downloaded the basic set at present (pretty large files) but a quick play impressed me so I just bought an add-on (not yet DL).  Here’s some quick examples - and yes, it is 360 degree capable, though the lights are directional so in some directions things look pretty dark unless you modify them.

ETA: Having just seen jerham’s quick Winter image, I’m glad I just bought the Snowlands expansion!

Image Attachments
WorldBase-Out-of-Box-1.jpgWorldBase-Out-of-Box-2.jpg

Posted: 01 September 2012 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  123
Joined  2007-06-16

I’m getting some light patchwork in the mountsin background as well.  Just added a distant light, with raytraced shadows on.  It looks real good except for the faint lines.  Probably have to take those out with a smudge brush

Image Attachments
A_walk_in_the_desert_LR.jpg

Posted: 02 September 2012 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  667
Joined  2010-03-13

In my view something is definitely off, as I see dark marks above the trees even when using the default lighting of an unmodified !WorldBs-XT-1Def.daz scene when looking through the MAIN camera.

When using UE2 I was able to get the lines on the hills/sky removed by using shaders that can disable occlusion, so e.g. UberSurface2, pwSurface2, but the marks above the trees remain and so far I couldn’t figure out how to repair this.

Edit: I am using Daz Studio Pro 4.5.0.114 at the moment.

Image Attachments
WorldBase.jpg

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2262
Joined  2003-12-06

Just bought and installed the lot, but I have no idea what I’m doing. There are way too many options identified from one another only by a string of letters, especially in the D|S lights folder. And with the latest (let’s be honest) downright stupid idea by DAZ of not including the readme in the download, and now not including a link (that I can find, and if it even exists) to the online readme on the DAZ site…

Anyone know what they’re doing with this otherwise excellent set, or are we all just blundering along?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 02 September 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2011-03-18

Hi Spotted Kitty!  I know what you mean about being lost trying to decipher what the different settings mean - I think this product would benefit greatly by a basic user manual - but I do think it’s definately worth buying and trying to figure out on your own!

I did find a read me at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14880/start - but it seems to have basically the same info as the product page - maybe even LESS info. 

I think this product has ALOT of options that I don’t even know how to use. red face  It certainly does produce some beautiful pictures, and I have been wishing for a product that had the middle ground options that this does.  It has some really stunning skies as well.  Maybe if we all keep adding hints here we can help each other with problems.

I found turning off smoothing in the surfaces tab on the mountains and middle area (I think the fog) can SOMETIMES get rid of the hashmarks, if you are using uber lighting.  Adding Uber lighting and/or light sets that use them can really add to rendering time too.  The lights that come with the set seem really good, unless you want a night-time or special effect picture.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help - it’s fun trying out the different scenes though smile  -Cathy
Here’s the Snowlands Pak readme: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14890/start
And the Desertlands Pak as well: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14889/start

Posted: 03 September 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2009-03-29
SpottedKitty - 02 September 2012 05:27 PM

Just bought and installed the lot, but I have no idea what I’m doing. There are way too many options identified from one another only by a string of letters, especially in the D|S lights folder. And with the latest (let’s be honest) downright stupid idea by DAZ of not including the readme in the download, and now not including a link (that I can find, and if it even exists) to the online readme on the DAZ site…

Anyone know what they’re doing with this otherwise excellent set, or are we all just blundering along?

Are you using the smart content and shaping tabs?

If so i would want to suggest to use the Content library instead (DAZ Studio Formats->Props->Magix-101->Worldbase-XT) for applying mats, lights etc, they are better grouped and have a extra icon with what part to selects. For the shaping i prefer the parameters tab, i find these also clearer to use (select WB-Base in the scene and worldbase in the parameters tab).

EDIT: Also keep in mind, if you installed both the DS File and the Poser file. The Poser specific lights also show up in the smart content in DAZ. The poser package contains an additional 8 lights (with names like 1Def-1Sun+IBL). These will not show if using the content library

2 of 8