Digital Art Zone

8 of 8
What exactly is this new worldbase item?  I don’t see any information about it in the forums
Posted: 26 January 2013 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4274
Joined  2011-11-25

I am having a bit of trouble with this product. I am not an advanced lighting user, so I tend to use light sets, and most contain uber environment.  I have worked for several hours trying to remove lines from the mountain ring worlbase XRT ring and artifacts from the sky but am not successful. The picture is otherwise gorgeous.

I don’t know how to subdivide, which is the only thing I have not tried…Can someone tell me where this is located?

I also am worried, will I have to adjust these settings everytime I use uber light sets… IS there some way to make the ajdustments permanent in this product?

Posted: 27 January 2013 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2282
Joined  2012-02-04

I believe I have figured out the cause of the dots above the trees in Lushlands. I believe it is a DS bug related to the way transparency maps are handled/scaled. There seems to be a wraparound problem. The Lushlands trees have transparency maps with white areas all the way to the bottom of the map (tree trunks). When the transparency may gets scaled way down, like those distant trees, there seems to be a wraparound problem. The white areas at the bottom of the map (tree trunk bottoms) appear as dark lines at the top.

I have written a bug report https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48986.

As a workaround for myself, I create a modified version of each tree transparency map and blacked out the bottom 16 lines. That seems to work pretty well, depending on the camera zoom level.

If DAZ doesn’t fix this bug or declares that it is not a bug, I think the Lushlands product could be updated by the vendor with modified transparency maps to avoid this problem.

Posted: 15 June 2013 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-03

Could some do a render showing just how big this is against some thing like Streets of The Med please? I have got other 360 enviors before and found them not really big enough. Also how fast would it possibly render on a 5 year old pc with 2 gig ram in poser pro2012?
Looks amazing, just want to make sure I really need it before taking the plunge.
Thanks

Posted: 15 June 2013 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2012-02-05
SereneNight - 26 January 2013 10:41 PM

I am having a bit of trouble with this product. I am not an advanced lighting user, so I tend to use light sets, and most contain uber environment.  I have worked for several hours trying to remove lines from the mountain ring worlbase XRT ring and artifacts from the sky but am not successful. The picture is otherwise gorgeous.

I don’t know how to subdivide, which is the only thing I have not tried…Can someone tell me where this is located?

I also am worried, will I have to adjust these settings everytime I use uber light sets… IS there some way to make the ajdustments permanent in this product?

To Sub-D go to Edit > Object > Geometry > Convert to Sub-D and this WIL get rid of the lines as to making it permanent I guess saving it as a scene or a scene subset would work…

Signature 

My images on Deviant Art

Posted: 15 June 2013 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1169
Joined  2010-01-23
DreamWeever - 15 June 2013 03:46 AM

Could some do a render showing just how big this is against some thing like Streets of The Med please? I have got other 360 enviors before and found them not really big enough. Also how fast would it possibly render on a 5 year old pc with 2 gig ram in poser pro2012?
Looks amazing, just want to make sure I really need it before taking the plunge.
Thanks

Here’s a very quick and rather dirty render for you. The first image frames Streets of the Mediterranean, the second shows the whole of Worldbase minus it’s skydome to show how small Streets is sitting in the middle of it. No prizes for quality in this render, I just went for speed - it can look much better than this!
Sorry I use DAZ Studio not Poser, so couldn’t comment on render speed there. These took me about 5 seconds each on my PC (a 6-month-old with a lot of RAM) but it would be slower with decent lighting, etc. Actually my laptop (4 GB RAM) struggled a bit to use Streets of the Med, so I’m surprised you can do it on 2 GB.

Image Attachments
Worldbase-vs-Streets-of-Med-01.jpgWorldbase-vs-Streets-of-Med-02.jpg

Posted: 15 June 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-03
MelanieL - 15 June 2013 03:19 PM
DreamWeever - 15 June 2013 03:46 AM

Thanks

Here’s a very quick and rather dirty render for you. The first image frames Streets of the Mediterranean, the second shows the whole of Worldbase minus it’s skydome to show how small Streets is sitting in the middle of it. No prizes for quality in this render, I just went for speed - it can look much better than this!
Sorry I use DAZ Studio not Poser, so couldn’t comment on render speed there. These took me about 5 seconds each on my PC (a 6-month-old with a lot of RAM) but it would be slower with decent lighting, etc. Actually my laptop (4 GB RAM) struggled a bit to use Streets of the Med, so I’m surprised you can do it on 2 GB.

Thanks for that. Wow its quite big, I might just have to find the $$ sooner lol.
I am starting to run into issues with only having 2gb of ram now but some how I can still do some rather heavy scenes, best test was 9 gen 4’s all with hair, clothing ect in Kelly’s lodge.

8 of 8