Digital Art Zone

1 of 8
What exactly is this new worldbase item?  I don’t see any information about it in the forums
Posted: 31 August 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  330
Joined  2011-01-22

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/the-all-new-worldbase-xt-lushlands
Has anyone tried it out?

It looks enticing… but I wonder how well it runs on average to decent machines :-S

Do you just keep adding worlds or landscapes to it?  How does it work.

I must know! :)

Posted: 31 August 2012 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2007-02-01

I have the original world base. It seems to work fine. Basically it is a background and ground layer that stretch wide.

I am wondering if the original is compatible with the new backgrounds?

Posted: 31 August 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
deathwisp - 31 August 2012 08:26 AM

I have the original world base. It seems to work fine. Basically it is a background and ground layer that stretch wide.

I am wondering if the original is compatible with the new backgrounds?

Oh, so it’s backgrounds. I see.  Hm…

Posted: 31 August 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7289
Joined  2009-07-13

I have Worldbase extreeme and the villiage addon, it is a skydome with a morphing terrain actually, like a huge cyclorama, good for animation, works well in Poser, not so much in Carrara though I have used it, need to modify bits like add glow to the sky texture and replicate spotlights on it to get it right.
I have used it in iClone but you lose the morphing, have to choose your prefered shape before exporting the obj.
My version only worked properly in Daz studio 3 by opening the pz3, have not tried it in 4.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2772
Joined  2007-12-25

I too would like to know if this is compatible at all with the previous Worldbase Xtreme Kit, which I have….

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2009-08-08

I suspect you can use the old textures on both, but can’t say for sure. I don’t have the old one. The info indicated that it’s chiefly for Poser. I get the impression that this new one is a re-work that takes advantage of the tech advances since DAZ Studio 2. In any case, the old DAZ textures sound like they re more low-res.

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

I just read all three packs, the two add on packs say they need the New XT lush to work. Nothing mentioned about the older sets. I like the looks of this set I might just leap while the leaping is good.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2009-08-08

Yeah, the Lushlands is the new base set. I’m leaping too. Nice to have an environment that I can plop Andoria City into.

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

Pretty sure that this is new morphable geometry and is a different UV set than the original (it looks much, much bigger).

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 31 August 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2772
Joined  2007-12-25

It’s tempting. I’m on a very low budget this year, but I do find myself needing outdoor environments, and I suppose I shouldn’t just always use Fober’s The Lake and The Hills…. I’d like more information about the light sets, though. I see DS lights in the main package, but not the Winter and Desert add-ons, though it says “Light variations are included in the new DAZ Studio scenes, Ambient Occlusion is not available in DAZ Studio by default.” (Eh? Doesn’t UberEnv ship with DS now?)

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 31 August 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Installed and Tested. DS4 only for the DS files. Loads Very fast and Renders very fast. Looks GREAT!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 31 August 2012 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  614
Joined  2006-09-27

hmm, perhaps I’ll get it then.  I need to be a bit choosier this year.  Spent way too much money the last few months and wasn’t ready for the PA sale to spring up.  But scenery is definitely a more “needed” than other items may be.

Posted: 31 August 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I just have to show this off. Default Hires load file, 12mm camera and Hi Render Settings. Rendered in about 5 minutes in DS4.5P.

Image Attachments
XT_Lush.png
 Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 31 August 2012 04:32 PM

I just have to show this off. Default Hires load file, 12mm camera and Hi Render Settings. Rendered in about 5 minutes in DS4.5P.

Very nice, thanks for posting! I was going to wait on it, but your sample and comments sold me on “now”. wink

Walt Sterdan

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1675
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
I’m on the fence about this one also; all the renders, including the one above, look ‘dark’.  Add to that the lack of UberEnv support, and I start getting fidgety.

Can someone render a daylit scene, with a person in it, to see what it looks like?

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
Jaderail - 31 August 2012 04:32 PM

Not bad.

Is it possible to mix a scene like this with one of Stonemason’s cities?  Cause that would be phenomenal for a superhero render.

I really like how the sky looks. smile

1 of 8