Digital Art Zone

25 of 35
- - Spyro’s Render Thread and Projects - -
Posted: 07 December 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 361 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4946
Joined  2009-02-26

WIP Trousers - Adding pockets to the geometry.

Ok, taken me quite a while, but here is the pants with the pockets, I’ve added additional seams as well.

Left the fly till last, as I’m going to have to break the Symmetry to do it correctly.

Fell free to comment smile

(And thanks Gedd smile )

Image Attachments
Pants_Pockets_6_forum.png
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 07 December 2012 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 362 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2308
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 07 December 2012 01:53 AM

WIP Trousers - Adding pockets to the geometry.

Ok, taken me quite a while, but here is the pants with the pockets, I’ve added additional seams as well.

Left the fly till last, as I’m going to have to break the Symmetry to do it correctly.

Fell free to comment smile

(And thanks Gedd smile )

Taken a while…lol…I still havent finished what I started before you began. Seems quick to me…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 07 December 2012 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 363 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

LMAO… I had alot of errors along the way, as you know, I’ve had to rebuild several times… For me to be working on one item for like a week now, it’s feeling like eternity . haha!

I have been working on it pretty much full time… I shudder to think that I gotta UV Unwrap all this after.

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 364 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2308
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 07 December 2012 03:17 AM

LMAO… I had alot of errors along the way, as you know, I’ve had to rebuild several times… For me to be working on one item for like a week now, it’s feeling like eternity . haha!

I have been working on it pretty much full time… I shudder to think that I gotta UV Unwrap all this after.

Since I got UV layout I’ve not found it too bad. Finally got DS and Hexagon installed so I suppose that should be next.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 07 December 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 365 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2003-10-09

I just found this thread, but haven’t viewed it’s entirety yet (thank you Scott-Livingston for the link).  I will catch up later…

Spyro:

Just wanted to say very nice work, and very inspirational.  Your work is outstanding.

I have only seen your modeling start on the boots, and my first thought was wow, are you really high-poly facet modeling that thing?  Now, that’s dedication.

I look forward to reading the entire thread, and view all the progress, as well as your future progress.

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 07 December 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 366 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Thanks man! Yes, the boots were made from a single plane with 4 Verticies, 4 edges (The size of one face on the boots model). The boots did not use MSmooth or Subdivision or any other smoothing modifier. As such, it will be edited to include all these newly learned features. Search 3ds max Plane modeling on youtube… And that’s how I made the boots.

I’m glad you like them, and enjoy my thread… What started out to be my render thread really became a projects thread lol. (I may need to split the two and have a separate thread for my actual renders)

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 367 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Pants WIP - Extra Details

So, I have added more detail to the pockets.

I’ve added belt loops (Although, it’s not necessary for Spyro… It was ideal to add such details for the product to be used in parts… Since mix and match is somewhat common in peoples work.)

To Sickles delight, I have added a workable fly which can be opened with future morphs, rather similar to Sickles work smile  - Inspiration came from Sickles Morphing Business Suit pants. This is the point where I have broken the symmetry, therefore I must be very careful when adjusting the geometry of the pants.

I’ve added MSmooth to the model, effectively dividing the faces into four, (Doubling the resolution of the “cage” which means I can add higher detail to the mesh which is no longer sub divided 2x it is now sub divided once)

Like all my WIP’s each colour represents a separate material zone.

Image Attachments
Pants_7_Rot_ForumScale.png
 Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2012 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 368 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2004-07-01
Spyro - 07 December 2012 08:47 PM

Pants WIP - Extra Details

So, I have added more detail to the pockets.

I’ve added belt loops (Although, it’s not necessary for Spyro… It was ideal to add such details for the product to be used in parts… Since mix and match is somewhat common in peoples work.)

To Sickles delight, I have added a workable fly which can be opened with future morphs, rather similar to Sickles work smile  - Inspiration came from Sickles Morphing Business Suit pants. This is the point where I have broken the symmetry, therefore I must be very careful when adjusting the geometry of the pants.

I’ve added MSmooth to the model, effectively dividing the faces into four, (Doubling the resolution of the “cage” which means I can add higher detail to the mesh which is no longer sub divided 2x it is now sub divided once)

Like all my WIP’s each colour represents a separate material zone.

great looking - real cool

Posted: 08 December 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 369 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Thanks Bigh!

Here it is with the drop-leg strap clips smile

Some minor adjustments need to be made on the straps to avoid the poke through, but it should be easy fix smile

Then it’s onto UV Unwrapping and Rigging… Both of which I’m kinda dreading lol

Image Attachments
Pants_7_clips.png
 Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 370 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

WIP Pants - Testing Shaders

Ok, long long long process of UV mapping is deemed complete… At least for now. I’ve also weight mapped the pants.

I’m playing with shader settings atm. Trying to find the right surface settings for the base texture set. I’m certainly NOT done with textures, in fact, I haven’t yet shaped the texture, it’s just a flat texture with no bump, and no curvature or any highlights/fades/shading in the texture. (Just for reference).

I’m not sure If I’m allowed to use HSS, I would like to though. Not sure how that would go if it’s installed on someones computer that dont have it? confused (Not even sure if Daz allows products to use shaders that aren’t the daz default) - Btw I dont know if HSS is a default shader of Ds.

Anyway, this is what I’m up to tongue laugh

Image Attachments
Pants_Shader_Testing_fb.png
 Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 371 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3798
Joined  2012-02-06

This is coming along very nicely! I don’t recall having ever seen a clothing product packaged with HSS presets, but since characters often are, I don’t see why clothes couldn’t be as well. HSS comes with all versions of DS4 and I believe it was bundled with some versions of DS3 but not earlier releases. It, however, is not the same as the “Default Shader.”

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 10 December 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 372 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

what I like about HSS is the multiple channels eg. spec 1 spec 2 and my fav one ‘velvet’

I could use Uber Surface, though, I had to buy it to get uber 2

Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 373 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Trying out adding stitching to the texture. It will take a while to line everything up right, but the test proves it will work.

Looking at this test render… I think I will make some adjustments to the model.

1- Add a geometry seam, running from the back, vertically to the bottom of the fly.
2- Fix some of the belt loops that aren’t lined up properly.
3- give more depth to the geometry seam that runs horizontally across the upper backside where the back pocket flaps are attached. They seem to have lost their depth to the sub devision.

Image Attachments
Pants_Shader_Testing_v5_STITCHING.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 374 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4800
Joined  2011-10-04

That’s really frigging nice, Spyro! I sense a new bright star rising!

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 10 December 2012 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 375 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1408
Joined  2010-03-25

Those pants looks great spyro/ you did a wonderful job on them.. I can;t wait too see the rest of the outfit smile

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

25 of 35