23 of 35
- - Spyro’s Render Thread and Projects - -
Posted: 28 November 2012 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4852
Joined  2009-02-26

WIP Trousers - Basic tights

Finally I have crafted a basic pair of pants. As I mentioned earlier, My plan is to build the trousers from basic tights… This becomes my base mesh, which would also be usable for future applicable projects. It’s only basic and used minimal verticies. I’ll be using a feature in 3ds max called ‘turbo smooth’, to fully build the high resolution model once I’ve shaped it like the pants in the concept design.

Image Attachments
Pants_W4_WIP2.jpgWIP_Pants.jpg
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 28 November 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22

And now for this… When was the last time I told YOU that I hate you?

P.S. Being on my hate list means I respect your skill so much I wish you did not make me look like a NOOB.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

LMAO! Well that would be the only “hate” list I have ever been honored to be apart of tongue laugh

Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I’ll be making some new Bows soon… I’ve been asked to do a Robin Hood one, and I’m thinking about a Tribal Bow 2.0, which will be decorated like Connor’s bow in Assassin’s creed 3 with American Indian influence. Though I do wish to complete the WIP Trousers first. If you want to collaborate on those, it would be a good release smile

Depending on how well I go with the new Tribal Bow, it may be a commercial product, but I’ll see how I go with it.

Image Attachments
Connors_bow_-_Render.jpgassassins_creed_3_connor_bow-wallpaper-640x480.jpgAssassins-Creed-3-Connor-Bow-Arrow1-570x297.jpgil_570xN_359771106_ppe6.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2012 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4571
Joined  2004-07-01
Spyro - 28 November 2012 10:58 PM

WIP Trousers - Basic tights

Finally I have crafted a basic pair of pants. As I mentioned earlier, My plan is to build the trousers from basic tights… This becomes my base mesh, which would also be usable for future applicable projects. It’s only basic and used minimal verticies. I’ll be using a feature in 3ds max called ‘turbo smooth’, to fully build the high resolution model once I’ve shaped it like the pants in the concept design.

keep it up

Posted: 29 November 2012 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m faltered to work with you, but I’m so tired (One of those nights) I’m lost as to which project you mean. I do not do clothing (yet, some morphs maybe) I’m only skilled at props and Prop related files. That said, I’ll work with you on any project I can at anytime.
Thank you for the invite.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 29 November 2012 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Referring to the props smile ... It may yet be a while before I get around to starting them anyway. I get lots of ideas for things, just not enough time to do them all LOL. All this is thinking about future projects. Clothing is taking up the bulk of my free time atm.

Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’ve had some health up’s and downs this week, I’ve not done much of anything except read the forums. It’s the time of year when my Arthritis acts up as the weather goes through rapid changes. I’m just waiting on a nice long stretch of stable weather so I can get back to work.

Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

That’s not good Jader. I hope you feel better soon. If it’s any consolation, the weather in my part of the world is rather dull aswell. We went from winter cold to really hot summer, without the nice transition in between. I hate the heat.

————————————————

WIP Trousers Update

Shaping the mesh from the basic tights to the design has commenced. It’s kinda like making a morph really… Still takes a long time, but its nice that I can finally see it coming to shape. As I said, it is still low res, once I’m happy with the shape I’ll be doubling or even tripping the resolution. There is currently issues with the polygon normals, but higher res and turbo smooth should fix it.

Image Attachments
Pants_W4_WIP2.png
 Signature 

Posted: 29 November 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

WIP Trousers Update

Refining the geometry… My focus is of course the knee area at this stage… I’ve added more details and I’m starting to like how it’s turning out. I’ll be working up the leg as I go, I’m working on the back of the knee right now smile

Image Attachments
Pants_W5_WIP1.png
 Signature 

Posted: 30 November 2012 12:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2200
Joined  2005-09-05
Spyro - 29 November 2012 11:01 PM

WIP Trousers Update

Refining the geometry… My focus is of course the knee area at this stage… I’ve added more details and I’m starting to like how it’s turning out. I’ll be working up the leg as I go, I’m working on the back of the knee right now smile

Very nice! The knees look great…

I can relate to the lack of time. Work is so busy at the moment!

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 30 November 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Thanks Pendraia! cheese

Signature 

Posted: 03 December 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

WIP Trousers

So I backtracked, due to some unforeseen issues with both my base mesh I had made and issues with a combination of Symmetry and turbo smooth. Once I applied turbo smooth, the mesh broke at the seams and the mesh went Jaggered. So, I made a completely new model, researched and implemented Sub division and other editing modifiers. My workload halved once I learned the gist of it and the model I think works alot better. Even morphs in the future will be significantly less a burden… Sickle would be proud smile

The pants are Sub divided, all the same as Genesis. SubD does not distort the symmetry seam and smoothing is much more organic. I have brought the new model to the same stage I was last at with the previous model. I am now working on the sides and back of the knee, and will move up the leg.

The rest of the outfit will be made with sub devision, should I go commercial, the boots will be re worked to also be sub divided.

Image Attachments
SD_Pants_1.png
 Signature 

Posted: 04 December 2012 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2012-01-22

Wow! I just stumbled across your thread and first off ... really REALLY awesome renders Spyro! This might be a noobish question but for those character portraits/hilarious newsclips ... are you rendering those from 3dsmax? I’ve never used MAX since I’m a hobbyist who’s not eligible for the student version and the full program’s price tag is pretty far outside of my ‘reasonable spending limit’ lol ... but there’s a very cool ‘velvety’ - for lack of a better word, sorry it’s late and my brain is wont for sleep - quality to all of your renders. I’m wondering, is that something that can only be achieved with MAX?

In any event, you’ve got some great work on this thread, keep it up!

LEI

Posted: 04 December 2012 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Hi Lei!

All my renders are done (With exception of the laser hall scene) in Daz. It’s probebly the combination of lighting and shaders that keeps the renders fresh. I use 3ds Max to build content such as props and clothing smile I use Human Surface Shader (HSS) with some “Velvet” set on the skin… Sometimes I add some velvet to certain fabrics to enhance the render as well smile

———————————————————————
WIP Trousers

Wondering about peoples thoughts on my current progress. It’s been a little tricky to add the detail above the knees… It’s SubD so I’m only working with the cage so to speak, I cant add any more edges (Except for when I do seams) as it is using two iterations of sub divisions. (That means for every polygon on the cage that I work with, there is 8 polys inside it)

What are your thoughts on the detail in the pants?

Image Attachments
SD_Pants_2.png
 Signature 

23 of 35