21 of 35
- - Spyro’s Render Thread and Projects - -
Posted: 05 November 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4899
Joined  2009-02-26

Heishiro - Project Bloodline

This guy was based on some very old concepts I did. Since then I haven’t got around to fully developing his concept art, so he is in development. Heishiro (General) Is Kyder and Spyro’s grandfather, however, In the novel “Project Bloodline”, he is actually the Antagonist of the series.

Image Attachments
HeishiroBloodline_Working.png
 Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 14 November 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Spyro - Project Bloodline

Revised Vesion.

New custom textures, New Shaders, New custom bump. Hair has new custom textures and shader. All these things will improve all my existing characters as I upgrade the others with generic settings and parameters from Spyro.

Spyro himself is an upgraded model. With complete new formula, including heavy work on the eyes, to keep true to the character as well as reduce some of the Asian characteristics he previously had.

Image Attachments
SpyroBloodline_Working_V2.png
 Signature 

Posted: 14 November 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-07-01
Spyro - 14 November 2012 09:56 AM

Spyro - Project Bloodline

Revised Vesion.

New custom textures, New Shaders, New custom bump. Hair has new custom textures and shader. All these things will improve all my existing characters as I upgrade the others with generic settings and parameters from Spyro.

Spyro himself is an upgraded model. With complete new formula, including heavy work on the eyes, to keep true to the character as well as reduce some of the Asian characteristics he previously had.

looks good

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

WIP Boots Update.

Boots are now to be exported to Daz Studio. The modeling process is deemed complete. Clips have been added. UV mapping is complete (I tried to UVW Unwrap, but I couldn’t get my head around it, so I settled with basic UV Mapping instead, The clips however are UV Unwrapped… This means the boots use tiled textures.)

Each colour is a separate material zone. I decided because the straps are actually one model which was cut up, they will not have separate material zones… However, I can always go back and change that in the future.

Fingers crossed, all my work hasn’t been in vein! I really hope this works in daz and that the rigging for genesis compatibility will work.

Image Attachments
Boots_Comp_Perspective_1.pngBoots_Comp_Perspective_2.pngBoots_Comp_Perspective_3.pngBoots_Comp_Perspective_4.png
 Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Just so you know, I have absolutely NO idea how to do the next stage of the boots in daz! LMAO. Never rigged before and never made clothing for a daz figure either.

Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-07-01
Spyro - 24 November 2012 12:20 AM

Just so you know, I have absolutely NO idea how to do the next stage of the boots in daz! LMAO. Never rigged before and never made clothing for a daz figure either.

good luck smile

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 24 November 2012 12:20 AM

Well… ask SickleYield or if you have blondie9999’s manual, consult it?

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 24 November 2012 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Lol, thanks Bigh haha!

Hi there Skiriki! Haven’t seen you in a while smile I don’t have blondies manual, however I do have the genesis-basic-clothing-rig-kit (But never used it before, in fact, I don’t know how lol) I think I will seek out Sickle lol She is most helpful smile I also wonder if he’s open to collaboration, he could take this to full max compatibility, and considering I intend to make complete outfits… perhaps it could become a future project for the market. Though, I’d need to pick up with my speed and efficiency before such a time.

Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 24 November 2012 12:59 AM

Hi there Skiriki! Haven’t seen you in a while smile I don’t have blondies manual, however I do have the genesis-basic-clothing-rig-kit (But never used it before, in fact, I don’t know how lol) I think I will seek out Sickle lol He is most helpful smile I also wonder if he’s open to collaboration, he could take this to full max compatibility, and considering I intend to make complete outfits… perhaps it could become a future project for the market. Though, I’d need to pick up with my speed and efficiency before such a time.

Been busy with that class thingie. Next week is the last one. And yeah, SickleYield is really nice and she knows lots of stuff about rigging.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I hope all is going well for you smile I haven’t been as productive render wise either, so much going on. Shockingly enough, I’ve barely been on the forums as well lol

Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Imported to daz fine… Though, daz smoothing is crap. I have lost a lot of detail due to the smoothing… I just want the damn thing to work.

I have played with angle of smoothing and it’s not helping unfortunately :(

Image Attachments
Smoothing_issues.png
 Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 24 November 2012 01:10 AM

I hope all is going well for you smile I haven’t been as productive render wise either, so much going on. Shockingly enough, I’ve barely been on the forums as well lol

It goes, it goes. Having a small party with friends today, so I have to dash off to cook in a moment.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 24 November 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Cool! Enjoy the party! Lots of party food? Gotta have pies and sausage rolls lol Hmmm I feel like a pie now haha.

———————————
Ok so thinking about the boots smoothing issue… I’m thinking I will take a step back to 3ds max and UN-wield the heels and toes, but ensure a good overlapping in the mesh to ensure no probs with breaking meshes when rigged. I will get a well defined edge doing it this way since Daz lacks a decent smoothing system and cant import smoothing groups rolleyes

I also played with materials for a moment in daz, and I spotted a few minor issues in the mesh, that I can fix at the same time. All is NOT lost smile I must remain open minded and positive tongue laugh

Image Attachments
Shader_Test_-_No_textures.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 24 November 2012 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

I’ll post pics later, once we’re done.

Signature