20 of 34
- - Spyro’s Render Thread and Projects - -
Posted: 31 October 2012 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 286 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4750
Joined  2009-02-26

Thanks Ivy! And your welcome!

I see you made hunger games catniss… I made her bow a while back, it’s on share cg as well. smile

Signature 

- - My Render Thread - - My Deviant Art - - xSPYROx Freebies - -

Posted: 01 November 2012 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 287 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Man, I am totally lost with what type of buckles I want on the boots. Initially, I was thinking of the buckles on roller blades, but it is too overwhelming for the design. I checked out star wars, since this boot design is a sci-fi type of boot… And they don’t use clips LMAO! I looked at boots in general and many are just basic belt buckles… I dunnoh what to do. I guess that’s why I didn’t design them on the concept art.

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 288 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2009-04-18

Hi Spyro,
I picked up your primitive weapons on Sharecg and they’re beautiful! Thank you!

When your not busy helping others on just about every thread I visit, your working on boots. Your to much Spyro, your like the Energizer Bunny! Thanks again for your generosity and I hope you are able to sort out some good buckles for your boots. grin

Posted: 01 November 2012 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 289 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

LOL Thanks Michael! It keeps we going, If I not creating, I feel like I wasted a day haha! I have a big list of more freebie stuff to make, just trying to finish of my boots before I get back into it lol

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 290 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3093
Joined  2012-02-06
Spyro - 01 November 2012 03:23 AM

Man, I am totally lost with what type of buckles I want on the boots. Initially, I was thinking of the buckles on roller blades, but it is too overwhelming for the design. I checked out star wars, since this boot design is a sci-fi type of boot… And they don’t use clips LMAO! I looked at boots in general and many are just basic belt buckles… I dunnoh what to do. I guess that’s why I didn’t design them on the concept art.

A couple of ideas…
Probably not very practical, but certainly unique: the turnbuckle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnbuckle)
The box-frame buckle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vag120menos_(Large).jpg (looks like the link is broken…just copy/paste the URL)

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Join the Custom Character Contest!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 01 November 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 291 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Scott-Livingston - 01 November 2012 11:11 AM
Spyro - 01 November 2012 03:23 AM

A couple of ideas…
Probably not very practical, but certainly unique: the turnbuckle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnbuckle)
The box-frame buckle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vag120menos_(Large).jpg (looks like the link is broken…just copy/paste the URL)

HAHA!!! LOL to the turn buckle lol!

The later looks good! I think It’s coming to me now smile Thanks man!

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 292 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4281
Joined  2004-07-01

buckle

Image Attachments
buckle.jpg

Posted: 01 November 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 293 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

That is very cool bigh! and trippy/funky textures! Awesome smile I love the shape too!

It’s amazing when you make a long WIP item, how much the little details become massively important lol I really like your creation there! Its sleek design and not stuck in a particular era either (Excluding ancient times of course) Definitely what I’d consider usable for a sci-fi themed boot! You got my creating mind flowing! Thanks! cheese

Signature 

Posted: 01 November 2012 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 294 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14711
Joined  2009-01-22

I wish the flowing would start for me. I scrapped my Fire bow after looking at some real ones in use. It has been too long sense I did it in RL to notice all my stuff was WAY off.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 November 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 295 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I hope you didn’t delete it. I never delete my working OBJ’s or their WIP interval saves. You never know when you’ll want to return to it. Personally I really liked what I seen of your creation! I’m not sure about the software your using, but in 3ds Max you can add verts/wires at any time, the same as removing un-needed ones

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2012 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 296 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2187
Joined  2005-09-05

Great work on the boots Spyro! They look terrific…

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 02 November 2012 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 297 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14711
Joined  2009-01-22

Oh no, I never DELETE. Sure it could be used later and yes editing is still possible. Adding points, faces and many other options are still open to me. My problem is It just is not close to the real thing. I started with a Idea and ran, I should have thought more and compared my work to what it should have looked like. Like you I like items to be as real as possible. I just forgot that as I went and played at the models. This is a REAL Fire Bow Drill. I missed big time. (images attached)

No biggie, the first one was just three days of work. I can do better now.

Image Attachments
2326568.jpgBow_drill.jpgpmoctechnique.jpg
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 November 2012 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 298 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I always do quick little sketches before I start modelling. I work out what primitive I’m going to use and then work out how many verts are necessary for the basic shape. I then build the basic shape in 3d based on my sketches then add the essential detail after fully adding new verts and polys. My goal, since the items are for DS/Poser, High res is absolutely fundamental… So even on a smooth surface I ensure my wires form squares. (This however is NOT necessary if your making a full location/set as it’s far too demanding for a scene to have the set too high in poly count, when you are destined to load hi-res props and characters.) Props MUST be high res so that morphs can be made weather by me or the person using the prop.

Signature 

Posted: 02 November 2012 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 299 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Pendraia - 02 November 2012 12:58 AM

Great work on the boots Spyro! They look terrific…

Thank you Pendraia!! cheese

It’s sooooo time consuming!! Boots are hard to make! I havent even made a pair of pants or a shirt yet LOL (I’ll be asking such advise to you in the future LOL You are very good at that stuff! smile )

Signature 

Posted: 04 November 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 300 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Kyde - Project Bloodline

This will be completed once I’ve made his full costume… It is a WIP as I am playing around with shaders and textures… At this time, I was making the hair Diffuse work generously with both a bump and custom displacement. I intend to re-vamp the skin, and construct a nice bump. Spyro is also in the same stage of WIP, though his bump texture will be more subtle, due to his age.

After Spyro’s outfit, (If all goes well) I plan to create Kyde’s as well… The concept design however is still in development.

Image Attachments
KyderBloodline_Working.png
 Signature 

20 of 34