Digital Art Zone

23 of 59
Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread—DAY31—Catch up extended and more
Posted: 11 September 2012 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  223
Joined  2011-10-02

Oooooh - Favarel!  OMG   And Don Albert.  It’s going to take me all night to narrow it down.

Posted: 11 September 2012 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2008-05-31

So will Surreality be back again later or what?

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 11 September 2012 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  464
Joined  2009-01-30

What are the chance Favarel will stay on sale until the 14th?  .... I get paid on Friday and was hoping to pick up about $300 worth of that artist’s amazing stuff.  Did I read somewhere there’s a catch up sale?  Otherwise I’ll have to wait until items go on sale indifually I guess.

Signature 

Member, BWC

Posted: 11 September 2012 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2004-08-04

Are the Hero loaders for Predatron fixed yet? Tried later yesterday and it’s still coming out as a DAZ Studio installer and not Poser.

Posted: 11 September 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2009-08-07
bohemian3 - 11 September 2012 05:47 AM

What are the chance Favarel will stay on sale until the 14th?  .... I get paid on Friday and was hoping to pick up about $300 worth of that artist’s amazing stuff.  Did I read somewhere there’s a catch up sale?  Otherwise I’ll have to wait until items go on sale indifually I guess.

I’d say odds are not good. Typically they’ve only lasted about 48 hours…

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zetabella Publishing!

Posted: 11 September 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2003-10-09

Perhaps DAZ will be gracious enough to throw all of this stuff back on for one day at the end of the month.

And then the servers will melt.

Posted: 11 September 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1390
Joined  2006-01-16

Yes… VERY sorry about that.

Taozen - 11 September 2012 01:03 AM

Posted: 11 September 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1844
Joined  2008-05-31

Thanks, no problem, better late than never…  smile

DAZ_Kevin - 11 September 2012 09:41 AM

Yes… VERY sorry about that.

Taozen - 11 September 2012 01:03 AM

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 11 September 2012 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3815
Joined  2012-02-06

The new stuff looks great! (I could probably say this every day)

I bought Faveral’s Medieval Docks and Medieval City earlier this year (after failing to choose between them). Both are very cool and highly recommended. Medieval City’s textures are grittier and (in my opinion) more realistic. Medieval Docks is a HUGE set that renders quickly and has many amazing buildings in it…not just docks, it’s a whole town. You can tell these are great sets because DAZ 3D uses them in promo renders for other products all the time. smile

Also, in case you don’t own it yet, Castle Creator (which is a DAZ Original by Faveral) is also on sale…as is the Fantasy Starter Bundle that includes it. I own the bundle and recommend that too.

Looking forward to Surreality Day, also…actually, can anyone who saw the new Surreality product confirm whether it was a PA item or DAZ Original? Thinking of spending my PC coupon today, but I’ll wait if perchance it’s a DAZ Original.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 11 September 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2005-08-23
Ippotamus - 10 September 2012 10:59 PM

Day 12.5???
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modern-muses-summer

There is no cart button on this.
How cruel is that!?  smile

Aw, hinting at new Surreality stuff and then not delivering is mean. :( But with the new Faveral set, I feel magnanimous. wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 11 September 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2012-02-04
Zaarin - 11 September 2012 11:26 AM
Ippotamus - 10 September 2012 10:59 PM

Day 12.5???
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modern-muses-summer

There is no cart button on this.
How cruel is that!?  smile

Aw, hinting at new Surreality stuff and then not delivering is mean. :( But with the new Faveral set, I feel magnanimous. wink

Yes, it was a brutal witching hours to be sure.
But I got some sleep and had a cookie.
I feel better now.  raspberry

Posted: 11 September 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  655
Joined  2011-03-26
barbult - 10 September 2012 11:10 PM
linvanchene - 10 September 2012 03:35 PM

@ Nigel for M5

•This product includes two installers for DAZ Studio 4.0 and two installers for DAZ Studio 4.5

I installed the two pc installers for DAZ Studio 4.5.

It seems the installers put all content in the runtime properly but for me the metadata seems to be missing.
This means the product is not showing up in smart content or in the Surfaces Tab.

When browsing any Folder of the Nigel for M5 and selecting any files there are no entries at all showing in the Content DB Editor.

- - -

Did anyone install the version for DAZ Studio 4.5 Nigel for M5 and does have any metadata?

- - -

[...]

I installed the DS 4.5 version. It does have metadata, but it is extremely unconventional. The majority of the textures appear in the Smart Content tab under Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->EHHS and Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->Default. This is not under the Presets->Materials grouping where you would expect such materials to appear. Also, I expect EHHS is a typo for EHSS. The morphs appear in Shaping on the Smart Contant tab, not in Presets-> Morphs. If they don’t issue a quick update to straighten that out and put things where they “should” be, I think I’ll use the Content DB Editor to fix it myself.

Thank you for your feedback.

I hope this helps narrow it down where something went wrong.
From my end it just seems as the metadata was either not complete or did not completly install.

I was able to find the different Nigel shapes in the “shapes” tab.
But I was not able to find any options for Materials neither in file view nor in product view in smart content.
(Not even in the path you desribed.)
Maybe there is something else going on. I had another look at some more products I purchased during the sale.

For example:

I am not able to find any metadata entries for “Aquatic for Genesis”.
All values in the Content DB Editor for “Aquatic for Genesis” are missing.

Can anyone find any metadata there?
Maybe something else is wrong with my DS4.5 installation if I can´t see the metadata.

To put it different there are no products called “Nigel” or “Aquatic for Genesis” showing up in smart content.

Personally I got used to haveing to tweak existing metadata from my end. But if there is not even a “Product” set up it is not a matter of tweaking but having to start from scratch and that will certainly lead to incompatibilites when addons are released that rely on the original naming (compatibility bases etc) that the DAZ team is using.

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 11 September 2012 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2009-08-07
Scott-Livingston - 11 September 2012 11:04 AM

The new stuff looks great! (I could probably say this every day)

I bought Faveral’s Medieval Docks and Medieval City earlier this year (after failing to choose between them). Both are very cool and highly recommended. Medieval City’s textures are grittier and (in my opinion) more realistic. Medieval Docks is a HUGE set that renders quickly and has many amazing buildings in it…not just docks, it’s a whole town. You can tell these are great sets because DAZ 3D uses them in promo renders for other products all the time. :)

Noooo, I thought I was doing so well resisting, but now I have to get them.
My credit card is weeping. WEEPING.

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zetabella Publishing!

Posted: 11 September 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1390
Joined  2006-01-16

PA Item.

Scott-Livingston - 11 September 2012 11:04 AM

, can anyone who saw the new Surreality product confirm whether it was a PA item or DAZ Original? Thinking of spending my PC coupon today, but I’ll wait if perchance it’s a DAZ Original.

Posted: 11 September 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2004-08-04

I’m on day 2 of AGAIN wrong loaders…...

23 of 59