Digital Art Zone

21 of 59
Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread—DAY31—Catch up extended and more
Posted: 10 September 2012 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5445
Joined  2005-04-16

I just spotted that Predatron’s store is on sale…so I went to my wishlist and clicked on the show specials link (from that script for GreaseMonkey) and nothing was in there.  I know I had some Predatron stuff in my wishlist!  So I clicked again to show everything…still nothing.  All my Predatron wishlist items are suddenly gone!  They were there last week.  downer

Oh, well…kind of broke anyway.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2010-03-25

I’m glad to see Mairy Dream3d sale. and that there was some poser hair products
i bought all the ones i didn’t have.. thank for the great sale smile

Signature 

My Daz & Poser animations & art work
http://www.youtube.com/user/IvySummers1
My Art on Google
http://plus.google.com/+IvySummers

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29
DanaTA - 10 September 2012 02:40 PM

I just spotted that Predatron’s store is on sale…so I went to my wishlist and clicked on the show specials link (from that script for GreaseMonkey) and nothing was in there.  I know I had some Predatron stuff in my wishlist!  So I clicked again to show everything…still nothing.  All my Predatron wishlist items are suddenly gone!  They were there last week.  downer

Dana

Well, it´s not like you can´t buy it just because it is not on your wishlist… smile

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2010-01-26

When is the m.e.c.h enforcer coming? NEED!

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08

The whishlist boggles have stung me too. I’ve only two items that I put there, and one doesn’t show, and yet the little notice up at the top of the page claims that there are three. Only one item is visible. I’ve no idea what happened to the other.

And what’s with the disappearance of the remove button? The only way to get an item out of your wishlist now is to put it in your cart.

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2011-03-26

@ Nigel for M5

•This product includes two installers for DAZ Studio 4.0 and two installers for DAZ Studio 4.5

I installed the two pc installers for DAZ Studio 4.5.

It seems the installers put all content in the runtime properly but for me the metadata seems to be missing.
This means the product is not showing up in smart content or in the Surfaces Tab.

When browsing any Folder of the Nigel for M5 and selecting any files there are no entries at all showing in the Content DB Editor.

- - -

Did anyone install the version for DAZ Studio 4.5 Nigel for M5 and does have any metadata?

- - -

Some addtional thoughts.

There is the small chance that I messed up the installation process because 8 (!) installers that are almost named the same may be a bit confusing. But I tried to pay extra attention.

The option to hide unwanted versions in the download list

In the case of Nigel there was a total of 8 installers: 4 for pc, 4 for mac including 2 for each version of DS 4.0 and 4.5.

This would not be so confusing if the download page would have the option to just hide the version one does not want.
Hide the pc or mac version.
Hide 4.0 or 4.5 version.

Download speed / file size

I am aware that some people are complaining that large file sizes are more than their dial up can handle.

On the other side there are those people who now have a download speed of 25´000 or 50’000 Kbit/s. The top speed offer of my provider is now even by 100´000 Kbit/sec.

When comparing with other online vendor like loops and sample based sound packages or other software it is now often standard to have single file size downloads up to 1GB.

It is the decision of DAZ how they think they match the interests of their customer base the best.

I can just say that I would have prefered one installer with a size of 500Mb+

- - -

The more versions and parts there are the bigger the chance for error

Out of 8 installers displayed only 2 were really relevant to me.
If the decision was made not to split up the file there would only have been 1 installer out of 4 relevant to me.
This would have been less confusing.

Now I am not sure if I mixed two different installers of 4 different versions and if that is the reason why the metadata is not working.

- - -

So anyway. Did I mess up the installation or is the metadata really missing in the DS 4.5 version installers?

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
JOdel - 10 September 2012 03:31 PM

The whishlist boggles have stung me too. I’ve only two items that I put there, and one doesn’t show, and yet the little notice up at the top of the page claims that there are three. Only one item is visible. I’ve no idea what happened to the other.

And what’s with the disappearance of the remove button? The only way to get an item out of your wishlist now is to put it in your cart.

There’s a little X in a circle, it’s gray.  That’s the remove button.  Still not AJAX, though…it causes a full refresh of the page, which might take a while if you have a lot of items in it, like me…and even longer if you are on dial-up (not like me, thankfully!  I couldn’t go back to dial-up).  But it does work.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1695
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

DanaTA - 10 September 2012 02:40 PM

Dana

There’s a thread out there on that; for now, you can use the ‘Share’ button at the bottom to send an email to yourself with the sale items, which contains everything (including the items which have vanished) and you can go through it in your email.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1579
Joined  2009-08-08
DanaTA - 10 September 2012 03:52 PM

There’s a little X in a circle, it’s gray.  That’s the remove button.  Still not AJAX, though…it causes a full refresh of the page, which might take a while if you have a lot of items in it, like me…and even longer if you are on dial-up (not like me, thankfully!  I couldn’t go back to dial-up).  But it does work.

Dana

Oh, I see. They didn’t remove it, they hid it.

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
JOdel - 10 September 2012 04:32 PM
DanaTA - 10 September 2012 03:52 PM

Dana

Oh, I see. They didn’t remove it, they hid it.

No!!!  They did that to make it easier for you!  LOL

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2011-02-17
Richard Haseltine - 10 September 2012 01:49 PM
Mr Leong - 10 September 2012 12:48 PM

I purchased Tatiana Hair. There are 2 files for V4 and 2 for Genesis. 
But I only have a total of 3 downloadable files with Gregoria Hair.
Is there suppose to be a separate MetaData file for Gregoria Hair V4?  Or has the V4 MetaData file been combined with Genesis?

This is what I have in my Downloadable Products (and I’m looking at 20 items per page).

Tatiana Hair has
TatianaHairV4
TatianaHairV4MetaData
TatianaHairGen
TatianaHairGenMetaData

But Gregoria Hair only has
GregoriaHairV4
GregoriaHairGenesis
GregoriaHairGenesisMetaData

Metadata is, if available, always* included in the main installer anyway. There are quite a few items where there isn’t a metadata installer for the Poser version if it’s split, even as here where the “Poser” version is useful in DS too.

* for certain values of always

Good to know.
It just seems weird since both hair styles are sold by the same PA.

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2003-10-09

Predatron’s City Streets, with a whole bunch of other stuff.

There’ll be swinging and swaying and record playing…

Image Attachments
dansant_dans_la_rue_sm.jpg

Posted: 10 September 2012 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  537
Joined  2009-08-07

Just got Blenworth for $4.49 (normally $29.95) after PC coupon. It’s a Predatron/DAZ hybrid! :D
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/blenworth

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 10 September 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  224
Joined  2011-10-02

I never would have found Blenworth - good deal. Thanks for the tip.  It’s not in Predatron’s list and when I sorted the DAZ originals by price, it wasn’t there either.  Wonky databases . . .

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 315 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
canberra_boy - 10 September 2012 09:16 PM

Just got Blenworth for $4.49 (normally $29.95) after PC coupon. It’s a Predatron/DAZ hybrid! :D
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/blenworth

The math doesn’t work here. 

$14.98
=====
$ 8.98

How did you arrive at $4.49?

Dana

Signature 

21 of 59