Digital Art Zone

3 of 59
Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread—DAY31—Catch up extended and more
Posted: 30 August 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-03-18

Wow really love your picture Kinich!  Love all the little gremliny guys you have added, thanks for your reply. grin  -Cathy

Posted: 30 August 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2880
Joined  2004-04-14

A few renders with Stonemason products…

Image Attachments
97_-_The_Fugitive.jpg117_-_Unfinished_Business.jpg149_-_Untitled_3.jpg136_-_Minami_Yaguchi.jpg138_-_No_Guts_-_No_Glory.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 30 August 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-03-18

Love your pictures Mattymanx! Most especially I love that one at the end, with the two cars in the darkness, their headlights on, and the garage sign lit - did you render this in Daz, or Poser?  It’s very good grin  I don’t yet have that Stonemason set, but now I see I probably do need it after all lol -Cathy

Posted: 30 August 2012 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2012-03-06

It’s been a while since that $1.99 PC sale was open for everyone. 

I say my credit card had more than enough time to recuperate.  cool grin

Signature 

The Cashew Gallery (PG-13)

Posted: 30 August 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
Scott-Livingston - 30 August 2012 10:58 AM

Stonemason’s products are very, very tempting…

Yes, Stonemason’s products are always tempting.  I had to set myself a strict limit of two for today, and it was not an easy choice.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

Posted: 30 August 2012 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2008-04-30
Kinich - 30 August 2012 01:11 PM

I don’t have Streets of Asia 2 but do have the original, the set (SOA 1) consists of the main preloaded scene, a smaller scene just featuring the central courtyard area and 8 props (Blossom Patch, Blossom Strip, Column C, Column Small, Column Tall, Fence, Lantern & Pot Plant)

Screen shot below.

And above that is a little something I put together using SOA a while back.

Ive always LOVED that render.

-MJ

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25

Stonemason is always tempting, but this time around I had to put my money (or cc at least) where my mouth has been and buy cool ethnic/historical outfits from Mec4D. :)

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 30 August 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2004-05-21
Cathy_Mod - 30 August 2012 12:19 PM

Stonemason Day!  I’m hoping someone with one or both of these sets can help me - I’m trying to decide between Streets of Asia I and II, and noticed in the description that Streets of Asia II seems to consist only of preloads for Daz Studio and Poser - does this mean that none of the separate parts such as the potted plants can be moved or added separately?  And are both sets like that?  I LOVE these sets, but I do sort of like to move things around to make it more unique… Thanks for any help or advice!  -Cathy

I have Streets of Asia 2 - it loads as one big preset but you can then move and delete elements to your heart’s content. smile I’ve done two quick renders of the set - the first is the vanilla version while the second has some elements moved and some removed. Lots of fun. cool smile

Image Attachments
streetsasia2.pngstreetsasia2a.png

Posted: 30 August 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2008-06-29
Cathy_Mod - 30 August 2012 03:16 PM

Wow really love your picture Kinich!  Love all the little gremliny guys you have added, thanks for your reply. grin  -Cathy

You’re welcome (sorry about the delay this time, I’m in the UK so bit of a time difference). The ‘Gremliny guys’ (and a few Gals) are all Predatrons Goblins with various add on packs available here in the store (Predatrons Store - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/predatron ).

Thanks MJ007, I’ve always like that render even after a couple of years and not to mention the time it took to set up as it was rendered in a single pass, the load time (or load times as I put it together from several small vignettes composited into a single scene before rendering) alone was longer than some of my renders.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 31 August 2012 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2218
Joined  2003-10-09

My first PA sale purchase this year…great tunic

Rawn

Image Attachments
romanbull.jpg
 Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 31 August 2012 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2004-01-31

Despite my wail of anguish I simply couldn’t resist Stonemasons Ruins 3 & 4, eventually they’re going to be half buried by snow and ice.

Image Attachments
ruin_search.jpg

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2880
Joined  2004-04-14
Cathy_Mod - 30 August 2012 06:45 PM

Love your pictures Mattymanx! Most especially I love that one at the end, with the two cars in the darkness, their headlights on, and the garage sign lit - did you render this in Daz, or Poser?  It’s very good grin  I don’t yet have that Stonemason set, but now I see I probably do need it after all lol -Cathy

That was rendered in DS3 x64 back in April 2010.  In short there are 22 people and 5 cars.  You can get more details about it and the other images over DeviantART - http://mattymanx.deviantart.com/gallery/ - There are also a few more renders with Stonemason sets that I did not post here.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 31 August 2012 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2012-02-04

Love, love, love Stonemason’s work.
But can only afford it once a year.
I am happy it is now.
Urban Future 4 is finally mine.  smile

Posted: 31 August 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  205
Joined  2005-09-14

Thank you, Daz, for moving the PA sale forward from November (where it’s been for several years, at least) to September.  It’s been a bad year, and with this sudden change, I have no money saved for the sale. So this customer will be spending little or nothing this year.  I was hoping to pick up several older products I’d like, but I guess I’ll have to wait until another time (and hope they’re still available).  angry

Posted: 31 August 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

My money is safe today.

Stonemason is one of those vendors I never question whether to buy now or wait till a later sale, unless it’s a modern ruin (since I don’t do modern or apocalyptic scenes).  Consequently, I’ve already purchased everything I want.  Except for Winter Kingdom, which I so much want ... but is DS only.

I fully expect most products released during the sale to be ... as usual ... Genesis only.  So, I expect to purchase very little. 

I did wishlist some products on release during the year that I thought I’d purchase during the PA sale, but it’s hard to commit to a purchase now that I’m so used to not spending money at DAZ.

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

3 of 59