Digital Art Zone

15 of 59
Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread—DAY31—Catch up extended and more
Posted: 07 September 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3338
Joined  2007-06-22
JOdel - 07 September 2012 01:39 PM

Mild oddity.

I finally broke down and bought Valandar’s Jabberwok. It’s one of the old ones that comes in a .zip file. However, it didn’t come alone. Inside the .zip file was another archive containing the .zip of Bobbie25’s Evening Style dress.

I’ve already got that one, so no harm done. But I don’t know how a dress could have got inside an archive for a monster. The monster certainly couldn’t have worn it.

(Have reported)

And why shouldn’t the monster wear an evening gown if he so wishes - on the other hand he may have eaten the girl who was wearing it.

Posted: 07 September 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2005-09-15

Just a brief post to bookmark this thread!

Great renders everyone!!! Could someone please post a pic using The Harbinger?
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-harbinger

Ariana

Signature 

Sheesh! I am not new, I have been a member since 2005! Last count was something like a whole bunch of posts! But that doesn’t matter…. or does it? Bazinga!

Posted: 07 September 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1779
Joined  2012-04-14

Does anyone have any experience of Genesis Alive or Genesis Expressions and Face Ani-blocks? I’m on the fence about getting them.

Posted: 07 September 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1868
Joined  2006-02-17
anikad - 07 September 2012 04:46 PM

Does anyone have any experience of Genesis Alive or Genesis Expressions and Face Ani-blocks? I’m on the fence about getting them.

I have Genesis Alive and it is great for adding that “missing” piece to animations.  Teamed up with the Muscularity morphs it is awesome.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 07 September 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2009-08-07

I think I’ve bought something just about every day.
Oh dear.

Today it was the Generation 4 Statues.

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zetabella Publishing!

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  574
Joined  2003-10-09

Good morning from Western Australia, Saturday morning! smile My latest item is out, whee! And thanks for looking! LOL

Interesting that copy approval removed my line about it being inspired by Evil Queen Ravenna from Snow White and the Hunstman - must be to avoid any commercial coat-tailing accusations.  It looks nothing like her hair in the movie but was inspired by Charlize Theron’s character… I can watch her for hours, she’s lovely… don’t know why they wasted so much movie time on that snow white chick. lol

Zaarin - 07 September 2012 10:23 AM

AprilYSH, that is about the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! You rock! :D

aww thanks heehee LOL

luxgabu - 07 September 2012 10:46 AM

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

It says if you buy AprilYSH’s Calais hair you will get a 25% discount on Lyon hair.

Bought the Calais hair then tried to buy the Lyon hair.

The discount code was accepted (after several tries) but it isn’t shown when the Lyon order goes through to Paypal. At which point I cancelled the order.

Is this a glitch in the system or what?

I’ll email DAZ to fix that, it is meant to be a permanent co-promo between Lyon and Calais - I’m pretty sure it’s glitched because the code was set up in the old store and needs to be redone in the new store.  Thanks for the heads up!  If you did end up buying, please send in a support ticket to reimburse you the difference grin

Anyway, please indulge me while I repost my favourite tex set for Yolande, the almost-peacock green set LOL ... (hope this works, I’m on a borrowed macbook and not sure if this looks right…)

Image Attachments
yolande_pop4.jpg
 Signature 

Brevity is the soul of wit.
[ My DAZ3d Store | AprilsVanity.com | AprilYSH.3d on facebook ]

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2005-08-23

I never went to see “Snow White and the Huntsman” because I was so put off by brown-haired, tan-skinned, bad-acting Kristen Stewart as Snow White, but I agree that from the promos Charlize Theron’s queen looked fantastic—problematically so, since she was clearly the fairest in the land and the mirror was lying if he said otherwise. wink I may have to put this on my Netflix queue when it’s available.

Did you see Mirror, Mirror? I want some PAs to get inspired by the costuming in that film. wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Zaarin - 07 September 2012 07:23 PM

I never went to see “Snow White and the Huntsman” because I was so put off by brown-haired, tan-skinned, bad-acting Kristen Stewart as Snow White, but I agree that from the promos Charlize Theron’s queen looked fantastic—problematically so, since she was clearly the fairest in the land and the mirror was lying if he said otherwise. wink I may have to put this on my Netflix queue when it’s available.

Did you see Mirror, Mirror? I want some PAs to get inspired by the costuming in that film. wink

lol yes, true about the mirror lying!!! hahaha
No, I missed Mirror Mirror, will try to remember that one next trip to hire store… yes, a real, walk into and grab a physical dvd hire store lol we’re still old school in this neck of the woods!

I forgot to mention, probably should start a commercial thread… there’s an easter egg in Yolande mainly for Calais buyers... it’s in the textures folder… wink

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
AprilYSH - 07 September 2012 07:05 PM
luxgabu - 07 September 2012 10:46 AM

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

It says if you buy AprilYSH’s Calais hair you will get a 25% discount on Lyon hair.

Bought the Calais hair then tried to buy the Lyon hair.

The discount code was accepted (after several tries) but it isn’t shown when the Lyon order goes through to Paypal. At which point I cancelled the order.

Is this a glitch in the system or what?

I’ll email DAZ to fix that, it is meant to be a permanent co-promo between Lyon and Calais - I’m pretty sure it’s glitched because the code was set up in the old store and needs to be redone in the new store.  Thanks for the heads up!  If you did end up buying, please send in a support ticket to reimburse you the difference grin

My apologies, just a bit of a wait on this one - waiting to hear if this kind of cross-product discount is doable in the new store at this time or something they are still to add.  I know it’s not much when the items are already at 50% off but when off sale I think buyers appreciate the 25% off… so crossed fingers! 
Thanks in advance for your patience!!! grin

Signature 

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  2006-09-09
AprilYSH - 07 September 2012 07:33 PM

I forgot to mention, probably should start a commercial thread… there’s an easter egg in Yolande mainly for Calais buyers... it’s in the textures folder… wink

SWEEEEET!!!!

LOL took me a while to find it…had to check the file list in the readme to find it. :D

Posted: 07 September 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2005-08-23
AprilYSH - 07 September 2012 07:33 PM
Zaarin - 07 September 2012 07:23 PM

lol yes, true about the mirror lying!!! hahaha
No, I missed Mirror Mirror, will try to remember that one next trip to hire store… yes, a real, walk into and grab a physical dvd hire store lol we’re still old school in this neck of the woods!

I think you’ll enjoy Mirror, Mirror. The costuming is to die for, and the dialogue is all very witty—and I think Lily Collins was the absolute perfect* Snow White with her Celtic fair skin and black hair. smile

*With the caveat that she’s occasionally a little too American for her fairytale role. But then, everyone in the movie is American, so it’s not that distracting. wink

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09

just a quickie cos i was dying to play with the Yolande hair by AprilYSH. It’s fantastic!

Image Attachments
yolandehairfinal.jpg

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

What character and outfit is that that you used with the hair?

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-09
Sunfire - 07 September 2012 10:29 PM

The outfit is Lily Nymph for Genesis by Mada, the character body skin is a V3 by samildinach at rendo converted to V4 to use on Genesis, adn the face is the easter egg that April snuck into Yolande hair. Heh. Oh and background is from Sveva’s Darkness Falls II.

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
jakiblue - 07 September 2012 10:33 PM
Sunfire - 07 September 2012 10:29 PM

The outfit is Lily Nymph for Genesis by Mada, the character body skin is a V3 by samildinach at rendo converted to V4 to use on Genesis, adn the face is the easter egg that April snuck into Yolande hair. Heh. Oh and background is from Sveva’s Darkness Falls II.

It looks really good. Rather makes me want to stick her in one of the ballet tutus from Runtime DNA.

15 of 59