Digital Art Zone

14 of 59
Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread—DAY31—Catch up extended and more
Posted: 07 September 2012 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3237
Joined  2007-06-22

another
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/dynamic-supersuit-set-2-cosmic-gods

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-01-16

Day Nine is up… up… and away!  Like a lovely bird.

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23

AprilYSH, that is about the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! You rock! :D

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3570
Joined  2012-02-06

Bendinggrass:

It looks to me that the new set, Core Lights I, is intended to be a multi-purpose set ideal for someone looking for their first lightset. However, I don’t own it (yet) and I can tell you from experience that you can’t go wrong with Lantios Lights 2 as far as quality is concerned. It may not be quite as versatile, though. So in my opinion, either one would be a good choice.

You’re correct…the second render of mine is the one without postwork. Not too surprised that you prefer it, as postwork isn’t exactly my forte. Just to clarify, the postworked version was based on a different render, though. Glad you enjoyed them.

As far as I know, Lantios is really 18 and he’s been a PA since he was 16 I think!

Edited to add: the hair used in my Lantios renders is AprilYSH’s amazing Gia Hair, currently on sale!

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 07 September 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  272
Joined  2010-06-12

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

It says if you buy AprilYSH’s Calais hair you will get a 25% discount on Lyon hair.

Bought the Calais hair then tried to buy the Lyon hair.

The discount code was accepted (after several tries) but it isn’t shown when the Lyon order goes through to Paypal. At which point I cancelled the order.

Is this a glitch in the system or what?

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

That could be a reference to an old promotion which is no longer good. I’ve seen a number of those announcements. Things tied to March Madness sales or other such events. That one may date from when Lyon Hair first came out.

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1134
Joined  2010-11-30

The Texture Templates for the Dynamic Supersuit Set 2 Cosmic Gods in the Resource Files section are for another product.

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-06-12
JOdel - 07 September 2012 11:03 AM

That could be a reference to an old promotion which is no longer good. I’ve seen a number of those announcements. Things tied to March Madness sales or other such events. That one may date from when Lyon Hair first came out.

I wish they wouldn’t tease like that. The actual cash value of the discount is not much but still ...

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
luxgabu - 07 September 2012 11:11 AM

I wish they wouldn’t tease like that. The actual cash value of the discount is not much but still ...

If I were you, I’d buy them without the discount and then contact support. J0del might be correct, but then again it’s possible that the promotion was intended to continue, but the mechanism was broken during the change to the new site (no vouchers any more). And if it is an expired promotion, they should remove it from the product description.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-06-12
Scott-Livingston - 07 September 2012 11:28 AM
luxgabu - 07 September 2012 11:11 AM

If I were you, I’d buy them without the discount and then contact support. J0del might be correct, but then again it’s possible that the promotion was intended to continue, but the mechanism was broken during the change to the new site (no vouchers any more). And if it is an expired promotion, they should remove it from the product description.

Will do.

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15953
Joined  2003-10-09

I am actually not seeing that promotion on the store pages. I guess I may need glasses rolleyes

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-02-06
chohole - 07 September 2012 01:04 PM

I am actually not seeing that promotion on the store pages. I guess I may need glasses rolleyes

I’m seeing it on the Lyon page: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lyon-hair-and-ruff

If you have already purchased Calais Hair and Ruff, you will receive a 25% discount voucher to use towards your purchase of Lyon Hair and Ruff.

...but not the Calais page. Maybe it got updated? Pretty sure it was there earlier today.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15953
Joined  2003-10-09

Was an old promotion though, as JOdel said, where the page hasn’t been updated. I shall flag it up.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1589
Joined  2009-08-08

Mild oddity.

I finally broke down and bought Valandar’s Jabberwok. It’s one of the old ones that comes in a .zip file. However, it didn’t come alone. Inside the .zip file was another archive containing the .zip of Bobbie25’s Evening Style dress.

I’ve already got that one, so no harm done. But I don’t know how a dress could have got inside an archive for a monster. The monster certainly couldn’t have worn it.

(Have reported)

Posted: 07 September 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  861
Joined  2004-05-14

Below is a Daz Studio 4 Pro render of Michael 5 mix utilizing light preset 06 from Lantios Core Lighting 1.     
Rendering time was 21 minutes 45.89 seconds and it was only 6 times longer than when rendering the same scene
with one distance light with the shadow map.
I am very happy with the results and it only confirm that if you wish to render scenes directly in Daz Studio
Lantios lights are the excellent choice. Click the image to see it enlarged.

Image Attachments
MaleMix32pic02g1.jpg

14 of 59