Digital Art Zone

12 of 59
Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread—DAY31—Catch up extended and more
Posted: 05 September 2012 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1816
Joined  2005-06-08
DaWaterRat - 05 September 2012 04:11 PM

I actually have a use for Blondie’s new Aquatic Genesis (and for Kuril… waiting for Ant Farm’s sale day on that one)  This, however, is just playing around/ a wip

Nice though!

Playing around with a few new things:  Damon, the Mountain Troll fG horns, and Desertlands Pak for WorldBase XTDS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP.

Image Attachments
DamonTest01c-g3.jpg
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  921
Joined  2003-10-09

Aquatic Genesis applied to Kuril.  Added hand textures, teeth and finger nail morphs.  The Kuril morph causes an small alignment issue with Aquatic Genesis foot fins, so I minimized the issue with posing and lighting,  Any remaining issues were removed in post.  Overall, I like the results of combining components of both products.

Image Attachments
Kuril-Aquatic.jpg

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2006-06-10

Wonderful images everyone!!
so now where is Day 8….bet it will be GREAT!, rofl.. sorry couldn’t resist.

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-01-16

Up and selling now smile Thanks for asking!

cimaira - 06 September 2012 10:11 AM

Wonderful images everyone!!
so now where is Day 8….bet it will be GREAT!, rofl.. sorry couldn’t resist.

Posted: 06 September 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
I vaguely recall hearing some concern that some of the light sets doesn’t work in DS 4.5; how are the Lantios sets for DS 4.5 compatibility?

I know from painful experience that InaneGlory PhotoStudio 2 lights hard-crashes DS 4.5 as soon as it’s loaded, and I’d hate to buy something that also has that problem, but I’d really like a few of the Lantios light sets…

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 06 September 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2011-10-02

There is another thread where someone says the Lantios Lights 2 are compatible with 4.5.  There is a return policy.

Posted: 06 September 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3555
Joined  2012-02-06

Yes, Lantios Lights 2 are compatible with DS4.5 and I highly recommend them! Almost all of my best renders use this light set. I’m thinking about his new set…looks very nice and will certainly wind up either in my cart or on my wishlist.

Other PA items from yesterday and today that I own and enjoy include Blondie9999’s Short Beard for Genesis, Raiya’s Naoki for V4 and V5, and Valandar’s Renegade Shirts. The new products by these artists and others look great too! smile

I’ll share a render or two when I get back to my rendering computer.

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 06 September 2012 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1438
Joined  2006-07-04

In one of the promo images for Valandar’s new armor, it looks like it’s on V5 without the boob-plate effect?  Am I seeing that right?  if so - YAY!!!!!!!!!!  Gonna have to try to dig up the pennies for this one.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 06 September 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2826
Joined  2007-12-25
DaWaterRat - 06 September 2012 12:42 PM

In one of the promo images for Valandar’s new armor, it looks like it’s on V5 without the boob-plate effect?  Am I seeing that right?  if so - YAY!!!!!!!!!!  Gonna have to try to dig up the pennies for this one.

I believe that’s the V4 shape, and V5 is also supported with a specific morph, so no “cling wrap armor” effect. :D

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 06 September 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2012-01-29

Really, DAZ, how you always manage to piss me off amazes me to no end…

I wanted to buy something from today´s sale, tried to put it into my cart - and then the store completely crashed! Now everytime I go to the store, either that stupid green alien greets me or orange shiny Magento Enterprise sign tells me “Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons” and throws “Error log record number: 577844672089” at me. Even refresh or hard refresh does not help, the site is simpy DOWN. Just what are you guys doing over there?

Nostalgia sweeps over me when I think of Renderosity, RDNA, or even Content Paradise where such things do not happen, or at least not on daily (hourly?) basis. It´s been MONTHS since your change to Magento, why is it still such a problem to get the store working properly? How are other 3D content e-shops doing it that their stores are working and your is not??? Is it really so much to ask for a store where the simple task of buying a product does not resemble a horror movie? I hope you at least got that software cheap from Magento, because if not, then I really don´t envy you.

Posted: 06 September 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1745
Joined  2012-04-14

It’s working again. I just bought Blondie’s tutorial.

Posted: 06 September 2012 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2010-05-06

‘SHHHT!’
A little render using Cyborg Model 4.

Image Attachments
Terminator01.png

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  855
Joined  2007-06-13
Cypherfox - 06 September 2012 10:52 AM

Greetings,
I vaguely recall hearing some concern that some of the light sets doesn’t work in DS 4.5; how are the Lantios sets for DS 4.5 compatibility?

I know from painful experience that InaneGlory PhotoStudio 2 lights hard-crashes DS 4.5 as soon as it’s loaded, and I’d hate to buy something that also has that problem, but I’d really like a few of the Lantios light sets…

— Morgan

I just want to clarify, so that no one thinks there is a flaw with the product itself,  that the issue with IG’s Photo Studio is completely dependent on an expected update to the UberArea Light Shader that Daz has promised will be forthcoming, and a 4.5xx release will fix the issue. They function perfectly in DS 3.xx and 4.xx. Sorry for the inconvevnience and crashes at this time. Trust me, no one wants the issue fixed more than we do.

That being said, I believe Lantios’ bases his lights off of the UberEnviroment (and he will correct me if I’m wrong), which is functioning correctly in 4.5xx. He is very talented and does really great basic use lights.
cheers!

Signature 

Previous post count 1700.
My Store

Posted: 06 September 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2012-02-04

How are the new Core Lights??
I’m sitting on the fence between those and Lantios Lights 2.
I will need to jump ... soon.  smile

Posted: 06 September 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2011-03-18

I too can vouch for Lantios Lights working in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro - I have both Lantios Lights and Lantios Lights 2, as well as the Lantios Fashion Lights, and they all work fine - Here’s a picture I just did with Lantios Lights 2 - (please don’t blame Lantios for any faults with it though, that would be entirely my doing - still learning how lights work red face )  -Cathy

Image Attachments
Lantios_Light_Set_2.jpg

12 of 59