Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
How come I have to keep logging in every couple hours.
Posted: 29 August 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2003-10-09

How come I have to keep logging in every couple hours?  I know it is a small detail, but it is aggravating.

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

Log into the forums first and then you’ll only have to log into the store when you need to periodically log in.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  727
Joined  2003-10-09
adamr001 - 29 August 2012 12:33 PM

Log into the forums first and then you’ll only have to log into the store when you need to periodically log in.

I wish!!

I have to log in every time, and I only ever visit the forums. If I close the DAZ site pages, but keep my browser open, then come back to DAZ, I’m still logged in. But as soon as I close my browser, I have to log in again. I can visit Rendo 6 months later, and I’m automatically logged in without a hitch.

Yes, I’ve cleared my cache, blah, blah, blah.

mac

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
UVDan - 29 August 2012 12:26 PM

How come I have to keep logging in every couple hours?  I know it is a small detail, but it is aggravating.

I have to keep logging into the forums.

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Same here Mac. UVDan I get dropped from the forms also. Some times right after entering a post.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15302
Joined  2003-10-09

I managed, purely by accident to get a different login screen to login to the forums, others have done it different ways as well.

In this thread, from the linked post downwards for a few posts, and on to next page, explains it a bit. I am now logged in permanently to the forums, haven’t been logged out once having logged in on this screen, remembering of course that the Username in question is actually the Email address that you use to login to the store not your foum username.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/115/P840/#68621

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I tried that trick as well Chohole. I still get logged out if I close my browser.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

were you completely logged out when you tried it, from both the stroe and the forums

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m pretty sure I was, but as we know from other sources my account was messed up until today. I can try again now.

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 29 August 2012 01:27 PM

I managed, purely by accident to get a different login screen to login to the forums, others have done it different ways as well.

In this thread, from the linked post downwards for a few posts, and on to next page, explains it a bit. I am now logged in permanently to the forums, haven’t been logged out once having logged in on this screen, remembering of course that the Username in question is actually the Email address that you use to login to the store not your foum username.

Wow, that totally confused me.  I might as well have eaten some psychedelic mushrooms before I read that.

Posted: 29 August 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6197
Joined  2005-08-15

Every time I click on a ‘Someone has posted in the DAZ….’ etc, I go straight to the post concerned, AND I am always logged in to the Forums.  I have DAZ as an allowed site in IE9 for cookies, and it seems to work for the forums at least.

If I click on My Account, I have to log in again, like the old forum, but when I tell IE9 to remember the details, is does, but only for the rest of that day.  If I close my browser having been logged in to the store, I am still logged in to the store on return the same day.

Posted: 30 August 2012 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 29 August 2012 01:27 PM

OMG!!! At last someone cracked it!

I’m happy to report that after following those steps, I’m now permanantly logged in. Here’s what I did.

ThinMick - 0

So, basically, two tabs:
- Open a quick-reply to any thread in the first one. It doesn’t matter if you type anything, because the content will never be submitted.
- Tab two, just click ‘Log Out’.
- Go back to tab one. Click ‘Submit’ on your reply.
- Ta-da! There it is.

I followed those steps, then rebooted my pc and I’m still logged in. First time since the new site started. Yay!! 

Thanks a lot!

mac

Posted: 30 August 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Glad I could help. I found it one way, Mick found it a much simpler way. All we need now is for DAZ 3D to work out how to get this login screen back so it associates with the forum login, instead of having to fumble around finding it. The convo I linked to has been flagged up.

Signature 

Posted: 30 August 2012 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Heh. I’m back several hours later and still logged in. It’s like…. magic!! Well…. normal for every other site, but magic for DAZ. LOL.

mac

Posted: 30 August 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Just did all that. We shall see. Later.

EDIT: It must be something on my end. I have to login every visit.

EDIT #2: Weirdness the second time I was still logged in. It just can not make up it’s mind with me.

Signature 

Posted: 31 August 2012 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, finally I’ve found the magic solution!
Thanks for the tip. grin

1 of 3