Digital Art Zone

Daz scripting language
Posted: 29 August 2012 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-08-23

I’m sure that I’m off topic but here goes anyway. New to Daz, Would like to know what scripting language to use when creating a video game with the Daz characters and environments. Which IDE do I use? I was thinking that I could use C++ with MS Visual Basics IDE.
I really appreciate the feed back.

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-08-23

I’m sure that I’m off topic but here goes anyway. New to Daz, Would like to know what scripting language to use when creating a video game with the Daz characters and environments. Which IDE do I use? I was thinking that I could use C++ with MS Visual Basics IDE.
I would greatly appreciate the feed back.

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/start

You can open the Script IDE inside of DS by going to Window > Tabs > Script IDE

ETA: Not to be confused with the Software Development Kit (SDK) http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-5-sdk which is C++ based.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13928
Joined  2003-10-09

Moved to the Commons as it’s a general question, and certainly not an offer of a freebie.

You do need to note that you need the Game Developer License if you are going to create and distribute a game using 3D models - if it’s going to use only 2D renders, as scenes or sprites, then the basic license is all you need. As for which language you use - whichever you like, the DAZ 3D content (models or renders) is just data to be used in the game.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13928
Joined  2003-10-09

Merged two threads - please don’t start multiple threads with the same question.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list