Digital Art Zone

External Runtime?
Posted: 29 August 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2010-02-02

I’ve currently got both DS3 and 4 installed, with DS4 accessing the Studio3 folders for it’s old Runtime.
If I was to put my old DS3 Runtime on an external hard drive and remove the copy from my internal hard drive, would DS4 be able to access it the same?
If not, could this work any other way?
  My current hard drive’s filling up, becoming just one big Runtime folder… shut eye

Posted: 29 August 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1014
Joined  2003-10-09

All you have to do is point it to the right directory. I have mine on an external drive and have no issues.

Posted: 29 August 2012 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  268
Joined  2011-12-30
Timmoth - 29 August 2012 09:11 AM

I’ve currently got both DS3 and 4 installed, with DS4 accessing the Studio3 folders for it’s old Runtime.
If I was to put my old DS3 Runtime on an external hard drive and remove the copy from my internal hard drive, would DS4 be able to access it the same?
If not, could this work any other way?
  My current hard drive’s filling up, becoming just one big Runtime folder… shut eye

While I have one runtime folder for everything both daz and poser in it on my desktop computer, I back it up weekly to an external hard drive so I when I switch from the desktop to the laptop I can plug and play my runtime folder on the external hard drive. I have my directory set up for both desktop runtime and external drive runtime and ever thought it the same content, it make it easy for me to move when I need to.

Hope that helps

Signature 

3D Artist Network.

Posted: 29 August 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2004-11-04

Yes. I have one runtime on an external networked HD that all my PCs have access to. Makes it easier for creating content and rendering.

Signature 

DZ FIRE’S
MASTER MODELS

Click HERE to get started.
Facebook