Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
Problems Installing Purchased Models on Windows 7
Posted: 30 August 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-08-21

Also i was mistaken apparently I did buy the Studio and not the Bundle for V4.  So I have all the Unimesh clothing.  Those are supposed to morph with the forms right?  Or at least the sample image of the “V4 Unimesh Clothing Bundle #3” shows them on Victoria4 and what looks to be adding A4 morph too.

Posted: 31 August 2012 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Hi smile

The Unimesh-fit’s will allow you to load V4, Load the clothing, Fit the clothing to V4, and then adjust the V4 figure “body shape”, to any of the V4 based figures, such as Aiko 4, Steph 4, the Girl 4….and the clothes will fit to that body shape as you adjust the figure.

Some adjustment of the “Clothing Morphs” (built into each item of clothing) may be required to avoid “poke-through” when you pose, or animate the figure.

You need to make sure that you’re actually using the Base V4 figure.

Once the figure is loaded in a scene and selected,. you should be able to load a clothing item, and it will “auto-Fit-to” the selected figure.

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 18 September 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

Sorry it’s been awhile.  I gave up on the whole V4.  I can’t get it to work was biggest waste of my money ever.  I bought V5 since I can actually use that and it works fine.  Shame it’s all digital and I can’t get money back for crappy product.  Sorry just so pissed I spent over $1000 on something I can’t use buying all kinds of things for V4 including the bundle and no way to get that money back having to spend it again on the V5 the one that works.

Posted: 19 September 2012 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6893
Joined  2005-08-15

V4 is probably the most widely used figure ever, and I can’t understand why you can’t use it?

Have you contacted Support to tell them of your problems.  DAZ 3D have a 30 day money back policy.

Posted: 19 September 2012 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

As Jimmy-C points out, V4 is one of the most used models, so If you’re have trouble using that,.. but you can use Genesis V5, then something ain’t right there.

Victoria 4 is a simpler model which will work in more software. (Poser Carrara, Daz studio, and several other 3D programs.
Victoria 5 uses the Genesis mesh, and will currently only work fully in Daz Studio 4

If you can explain what’s happening , or not happening,.. when you load V4, I’m sure we can help get V4 working for you.

bear in mind that if you’re using Daz Studio, then the Victoria 4 Figure and clothing can be found using the standard “Content browser”, rather than the new “smart content” (where V5 and genesis are.

There’s always been a 30 return day policy here, unlike many other on-line retailers.

smile

Posted: 19 September 2012 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

They just contacted me about the 30 day money back thing I had a support ticket in for a long time they recently got back to me took them several weeks to respond to the ticket initially.  I just requested money back and I’ll go with V5. 

I don’t know every time I’d try to load any hair or clothing onto V4 no matter what it is the figure pops through it or it loads way off to the side.  I exaggerated a bit on money into V4 I only bought $450 or so worth of V4 clothing and hair styles but not a single one fits the base or any morphs I apply.

But no worries since they take returns I’m going to just buy V5 equivalent of those items with store credit from the return to do what I want with them.

Though I do have one off subject question is aniMate2 any good?  Or does anyone actually use it?  I know a basic comes with Daz just curious if $55 is really worth it or not.

Posted: 19 September 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6893
Joined  2005-08-15

Glad Support got you sorted out.  I have never heard of anyone having so many problems with V4, it has been in use for several years now.

The best place to ask about Animate2 would be in the animation forum I think, although you may get some answers here.

4 of 4