Digital Art Zone

2 of 4
Problems Installing Purchased Models on Windows 7
Posted: 29 August 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6614
Joined  2005-08-15

I tried a few hairs that I have for Genesis on V4 and they work really well, as long as you DO NOT use the Fit To option?  Weird, but it works.  Try removing the fit to especially if the hair is a HR2 file, or made for another figure.

Posted: 29 August 2012 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-08-21

This happens for every set of hair I have except Amarseda Hair.  (The Amarseda Hair doesn’t show up at all. but when i highlight in front of the model I can see it highlight but it’s invisible)  All other hairs attach to the figure like the one in the image.

So this isn’t a problem with what hair I’m using since all hair does this.

Yeah the fit to is doing this but without the fit to they don’t move with the head.  Is there another way to attach it to the head?

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Posted: 29 August 2012 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

I have Shigi hair, and it ‘Fits to’ V4 perfectly.  There are 5 fits supplied, one each for A3, The Girl, Stephanie Petite, V3 and V4.  You must use the correct one.  My image shows Shigi hair on the default V4 figure, which doesn’t look anything like yours at all.  You do not seem to be using the default V4.  It looks very like Aiko 4, including the body shape?

There are lots of morphs for adjusting parts of the hair, like making the tails shorter etc, but the hair will only fit the model it is suppled for.

Image Attachments
JC_2.jpg

Posted: 29 August 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

That looks like one of the Akio figures to me. Maybe Akio3.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14256
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, it’s certainly a third generation zero pose. njbst18, how is the figure labelled in the Scene pane?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

Applied the Vicki material to Victoria 4 and changed the AnimeHDNeck to 99.9 circled both in red in screen shot to show this.  All clothing even pants are not on completely.  They are just as messed up as the hair.

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I still do not think you started with a BASE V4 figure. Which figure did you load to put the clothing on?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14256
Joined  2003-10-09

If that was V4 the morphs would have groups down the left of the Parameters pane - I’m not sure it’s not V1/2.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Ah, I never went below V3. Did not think of the older versions. The OP really needs V4 for this to work properly.

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

It seems somethings wrong with that Viki skin.  If I do it without using the Viki model it works fine.  Though I thought in the shop Viki was just a modified Victoria since it needed Victoria4.2 in order to use it.
But doesn’t work with any of Victoria’s items.

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Not all Viki’s are equal. If a item needs V4 it will only work on V4 and some times Genesis. V1 V2 and V3 are all different models with different shapes. V4 was the last in the line. V3 items work on V3 ect… Try to keep that in mind as you shop.

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2004-11-07

Richard, those do look like V3 not v4 morphs. Even the stance and figure shape are V3 not V4.

As an example here is V4 clothes on V3.

Image Attachments
v4on3.jpg

Posted: 29 August 2012 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

It appears that if I apply any morphs to V4 her clothing doesn’t morph with the clothes and they just pop through them.  I think that’s what happened.  So do I have to look up presets and find clothing that matches the # of the morph I want to use?  Or is there another way to alter her weight or build and get the clothing to fit?

Posted: 29 August 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

You need to look at the list of supported morphs when you buy items. It’s included in the description’s most of the time. The Artist that made the item will not include morphs for all morph packages. If the item does not have the morph included say She Freak morphs, item will need work to fit a figure using those morphs.

Signature 

Posted: 29 August 2012 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

If you are using the V4 base model, which you are not, all of the clothing will fit perfectly.  Clothing for Gen 4 figures need to contain any morphs that you are using (unlike Genesis).

In the previous version, DS3A, there was an option called Morph Follower, which did what you are looking for.  That is now called Transfer Active Morphs in DS4P.  How well it will work I do not know.

You are not using the base V4 figure, what Morphs do you have applied to the base?  If you look in the Parameters tab, you will see a Currently Used tab, and that will list any morphs that you have applied.  Clothing for Genesis adjusts automatically to most of the forms that Genesis can assume, but it is a Generation 5 figure.

2 of 4