1 of 4
Problems Installing Purchased Models on Windows 7
Posted: 28 August 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-08-21

Most models I buy I get the following message

This program might not have installed correctly
If this program didn’t install correctly, try installing using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows
Program: BitRock InstallBuilder for Windows
Publisher: BitRock SL
  Reinstall using recommended settings
  This program installed correctly
                                          Cancel

The biggest problem is I purchased the victoria pro bundle.
I turn off the firewall, and anti virus.  I have the essentials installed.  and I made sure to install the batch files in the My Library and also the one on the desktop it made.  But she doesn’t show up in my Daz Studio 4.5 I did install all files and when the installs came up with the warnings of not installing correctly I clicked the reinstall using recommended settings.  and hit ok to update the files.

Thanks in advance if you know a way around this.

Posted: 28 August 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2006-04-15

You can pretty much ignore that message, when it pops up. The older installers give it, under Win7, but I’ve never seen one not install properly. So, tell it ‘Cancel’ or ‘This program installed correctly’. It’s just Windows complaining that the installer wasn’t specifically tailored to run under this version.

(I hate it so much on bundles with like fifteen installers, and you’re halfway through the setup on the next one when that notice pops up from the one before…)

As to why Vicky5’s not showing up… Where are you looking for her? Is the Content Management Service running? Have you imported new metadata? (I’d check for where the option is to do that, but I’m in the middle of a three-hour render, right now. It should happen when you start DS4, but I know it’s possible to have turned that option off.)

Signature 

“Why’s all the rum gone?”  *looks at the last render*  “Oh. That’s why the rum’s gone…”
DAZ Studio 3.1.2.32 | Windows 7 Pro SP1 x32 | ATI Radeon HD 4200
Say YES to David 5!

Posted: 28 August 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

I’ve tried importing new metadata but she is not on that list even after the install.  And she is not in the meta data.  Very few of the things I purchased show up in the meta data.  She isn’t the only model doing this but she’s the most expensive one.  I figure if I can figure out how to fix her it may fix all of them.

Posted: 28 August 2012 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6181
Joined  2005-08-15

Are you asking about the Victoria 4 Bundle, or the Victoria 5 Bundle?

The V4 bundle is in Poser Format, and you will find the figure in the Content Library > Poser Format > My Library > Figures, assuming you installed it to the default My Library location.

If it is the V5 bundle, then you will find the morph for Genesis in the Parameters tab under Actor > Female > Real World, and the materials are in People > Genesis > Materials > Victoria 5.

All version of DAZ 3D figures prior to Genesis were in Poser Format.

Posted: 28 August 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

It’s Victoria 4 not 5.  I’m looking in my Libraries>Documents>DAZ 3d> (all that is here is Hexagon and Studio).
So in Studio>My Library I see no Poser folder anywhere here.  I didn’t change the install path at all.

Posted: 28 August 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

The Poser folder inside the My Library folder is called ‘Runtime’.  You should have pointed the installer to The My Library folder in Studio.

Where did the installer say it was putting the content?  Is there a folder called ‘content’ in the My Library folder by any chance?

Posted: 28 August 2012 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

There is a Runtime folder but no content folder in the My Library
In runtime I have
(Folders)
Geometries
Libraries
Reflection Maps
Support
Textures
WebLinks
(Files)
V3mentail.bmp

I see looking through all the folders victoria stuff from versions 3 and 4 which I’m sure came from the files none of these show up in my files section in daz3d and when I try double clicking one I get error messages in daz saying

“This script is not intended to be run standalone. It is intended to be run as a result of loading an ExP enabled “Victoria 4” based figure from the Content tab.  Rename this file to match the name of the intended .cr2 to continue.”

This was from clicking on Victoria 4.2.dsb in Runtime>Library>DAZPeople

Posted: 28 August 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

You appear to be looking in DAZ Stuido Formats?

You have to go to the Content Library tab inside DS4P, select Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People to get to the content.  Double click on the Victoria 4.CR2 icon, and it should load into the viewport.

If the Content Library tab is not visible, go to Window > Tabs, and select it there, then you can dock it anywhere you want.

Posted: 28 August 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

Using the content library I can get to access the materials for Victoria 4 but the clothing doesn’t work or any other items I wanted to add.  Content Library doesn’t let me load any objects to the stage to be more specific.

Posted: 28 August 2012 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

I don’t think that you have My Library listed as a Poser Formats folder in your Preferences.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > ontent Directory Manager, and post a screenshot of you collapsed listings for both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats.

The image below is what you should see in the Content Library tab

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Posted: 28 August 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

Here’s an example using Aiko3.  Some reason with Aiko 3 the items import in but don’t connect to the model selected.  When you move the model the clothing stays behind.

Screenshot attached.

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Posted: 28 August 2012 02:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

You have to go to the Parameters tab, and find the ‘Fit To’ option.  That makes the clothing stay with the figure regradless of the pose.

You can slo get to the Fit To option by right clicking on the clothing item in the viewport.

Posted: 28 August 2012 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

Here is what happens when I use the Fit to option.

This model is Vic 4.2 and the items I’m applying said they were compatable with that model including the hair.  As you can see nothing lines up and her body shows through just about everywhere.

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Posted: 29 August 2012 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

The model you are showing in your image is NOT the default V4.  It looks like you have applied the Aiko 4 morph, or some combination of other morphs.

On the Product Page for these items, it shows you a list of morphs that the clothing contains.  Select the Shorts, and look in the Parameters tab for morphs to make the clothing fit properly.  Unlike Genesis, V4 clothing needs to have the morphs for any figure that you use in the clothing.  Are you using the A4 morph, or have you added something else.

Some of the items in your content tab say Upgrrade, have you tired using them?

What is the name of the Hair that you are using?

Posted: 29 August 2012 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-21

The only morph I put on Victoria 4 was the Anime Face morph.  It didn’t change the size of her head only around the eyes and the chin.  This was changed in the Parameters for Victoria 4.  Though a non changed Victoria 4 also has the same problems.

The hair I’m currently trying is V4 Shingi Hair.  I’ve tried every hair I have.  I don’t remember what the one in the picture is but they all look like that.

Posted: 29 August 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

I can’t find that Hair in the store here, can you provide a link to it?

There are two types of hair usually.  One type is a Poser HR2 file, the other comes as a CR2 character file.  The HR2 file will probably not conform to V4 (fit to), but the CR2 should do.

An you show a screenshot of where the hair appears in the Content Library tab?

1 of 4