Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Convert Cyberpunk for M4 Boots to Genesis without crinkles!
Posted: 07 September 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

I totally see either a really cool freebie or even a product that folks could make some dough on…. Make some super scripts for Genesis to position the feet as well as position them from the floor for various kinds of shoes.  Flats, high heels, boots of various heights. 

As much as we all love or loved the Gen 4 generation the feet position was a bitch to deal with then and now converting to Genesis is a real pita with varied results.  Many merchants are just not ready or will NEVER make the leap and yet there are all these cool products from them that sit gathering virtual dust. 

I tried converting some boots from the Freak 3 library and that was a total bust.  Every pair was just a mess afterwards.  Might be that his feet were just so beastly large that resizing for the Auto Fit tool was just too much.  Taking them into ZBrush to smooth out didn’t help one bit.  There were vertices that would NOT smooth out, don’t know what that was all about but I gave up after about 3 hours of frustration….

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 23 September 2014 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6592
Joined  2006-02-20

Thank you for this tutorial!
I just happened to stumble over it now ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 23 September 2014 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2005-10-28

You’re welcome, Kerya!  I hope it works for you!

2 of 2